Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shrenchel

Best city match you've ever seen?!?

I know what was the worst city match I've seen is.. my first ever match as a youngster was us against sunderland at filbert street, very boring 0-0 and almost put me off football!

Best one I've been to was at Chelsea last season, atmosphere in the leicester end was incredible especially when we went ahead 3-2 and the feeling that we might actually beat them. Buzzing for days afterwards.

I'm fortunate to have been to all of the Play-Off games, suprised Swindon hasn't been mentioned (Steve White you cheating bastard :@)...3 nil down and we come back to 3-3 only to be robbed by a dubious penalty decision. That must be up there with the greatest come backs at Wembley ever.
Can't disagree with that, it's definitely the best game I've ever been to. The 1993 playoff final against Swindon was a pretty amazing match too until we were cheated once again at the end.

I think you'll find that it has been mentioned! :P

LCFC 3-3 Arsenal. If I ever experience an atmosphere like that at the Walkers, I will die a happy man.

LCFC 2-1 Palace. Went mental when Claridge scored, unbelieveable.

Derby 0-4 LCFC (after 11 minutes). No further explanation required.

This has been done before but it's nice to have nostalgia in the good times as well as the bad!

There are a few which stand out for me:

3-3 with Arsenal - just for the sheer jubilation when Walshy scored. You talk to any football fan over the age of 25 and they will remember that hattrick. To think we were able to come back from that against a team who at the time were one of the best in the europe, was just phenomenal. I was front row of the Carling stand and nearly fell over the edge I was jumping so much!

4-0 Derby at Pride Park - I just remember looking at my dad with a look of total bewilderment, I don't think any of us expected to be 4 goals up after 16 mins, we were just all over them and it should have been more,.

I'll try to pick out one which hasn't been mentioned yet

City 1-0 Sheff Weds?? (May have been 2-1) 1998, the game that meant we stayed up in the Prem for the first time. Elliott scored with a shot from the edge of the box on about 80 mins, and the whole ground was just singing ' WE ARE STAYIN UP!'. It was an amazing feat, and not only that, but we avoided relegation by quite a large margin. Below my dad and I in one of the boxes in the Carling was Neil Lewis, Jamie Lawrence and a few others who were injured all jumping up and down.... awesome!

Yeh thing we lost 2-1 or 2-0 not sure.

2-1.

I think our goal was credited to Hume even though it looked an own goal..

Strangely enough, one of the worst City games I've ever seen was against Brighton one Bank Holiday at the Way, in front of the Sky cameras.

We lost 1-0 and never even had a shot on target. :(

God help us if we're that bad again tonight... :rolleyes:

2-1.

Strangely enough, one of the worst City games I've ever seen was against Brighton one Bank Holiday at the Way, in front of the Sky cameras.

That was a belter wasn't it? Totally summed up that season and Micky Adams' last 15 months with us.

In my 12 years they have got to be: (In no order)

To quickly name recent ones before i head off to tonioghts game

City 2-1 Tranmere

City 4-0 Posh (for obvious reasons as my name will tell you)

City 2-1 Spurs last game at filbo

City 2-1 Cov in the promotion season, deane's last minute header

2-1.

You know we've had some pretty poor displays against Brighton down the years,apart from the one mentioned above and this season's away game,we also played them one boxing day (probably late eighties) and we were rubbish,got to be better tonight! :unsure:

The 4-0 win against Leeds as a Leeds fan from work came with me.

At the end he said never ask me again. lol

Also enjoyed Red Star, My only European game. :cry:

That was well unfair.

The smoke from their flares ruined Tim Flowers view and they scored from way out didn't they really early i think.

I can remember the draw for the uefa Cup and we drew a random team with a fooking random name and thought thats a good draw, then it changed to fooking Red Star Belgrade who were about the best team in it.

Must have been their Serbian name that came up first or something :P

Found it lolCrvena zvezda that came up on ceefax live draw :P then changed lol

The 1-0 win at Birmingham in 03-04, the week after La Manga, also deserves a honourable mention.

Other wins since 2000 include the following:

Charlton (A) 2-1 04-05

Villa (A) 1-0 06-07

Barnsley (A) 1-0 06-07

Barnsley (A) 1-0 07-08

Watford (H) 4-1 07-08

Tottenham (H) 3-2 05-06

Leeds (H) 4-0 03-04

Peterborough (H) 4-0 08-09

Portsmouth (A) 2-0 02-03

Derby (A) 3-2 01-02

Obviously all of the above mentioned, I think I was at all of those.

I remember a 3-3 draw against Liverpool in a night match back at Filbert St. Ian Rush has playing for Liverpool.

EDIT;The 1-1 against Villa on Brian Little's return was also a memorable night, if not a brilliant game.

That was well unfair.

The smoke from their flares ruined Tim Flowers view and they scored from way out didn't they really early i think.

I can remember the draw for the uefa Cup and we drew a random team with a fooking random name and thought thats a good draw, then it changed to fooking Red Star Belgrade who were about the best team in it.

Must have been their Serbian name that came up first or something :P

Found it lolCrvena zvezda that came up on ceefax live draw :P then changed lol

:crylaugh:

I was watching ceefax too at that exact moment. When the first name came up I shouted to my dad that we'd drawn some fooking nobodies from belarus or somewhere. Then he came in the room and called me an idiot for not knowing who red star belgrade were, I don't think he ever did believe me it had said something different beforehand.

Obviously all of the above mentioned, I think I was at all of those.

I remember a 3-3 draw against Liverpool in a night match back at Filbert St. Ian Rush has playing for Liverpool.

EDIT;The 1-1 against Villa on Brian Little's return was also a memorable night, if not a brilliant game.

Good shout.

Archived