Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shrenchel

Best city match you've ever seen?!?

A tricky one this but I would go with beating Palace 2-1 in the Wembley play off as it is the best we have ever played in my 7 visits to wembley. We totally outplayed them found ourselves a goal down but still came back to win with virtually the last kick of the game pure drama.

A tricky one this but I would go with beating Palace 2-1 in the Wembley play off as it is the best we have ever played in my 7 visits to wembley. We totally outplayed them found ourselves a goal down but still came back to win with virtually the last kick of the game pure drama.

Exactely what i was gonna put!! Stevie Claridge ! :scarf:

Same as phube, the mighty collymore hat trick (including a header from about 15 yeards out IIRC), and steph oakes amazing 40 yard free kick, 5-2 against sunderland.

When we beat chelsea 2-0 with heskey scoring at the start and end is a close 2nd.

For me probably...

Sorry if this has been done to death in the past, I imagine it might have been...

Can't disagree with that, it's definitely the best game I've ever been to. The 1993 playoff final against Swindon was a pretty amazing match too until we were cheated once again at the end.

The winning cup and play-off finals obviously stand out, but I think our 0-0 draw with Colchester, or any of the 0-1 defeats at home to Burnley were simply gripping <_<

Seriously, I enjoyed beating Leeds 3-1 in 2000, 2-0 against Liverpool in the same year and the 5-2 win over Sunderland. Those matches live long in the memory, watching from the North Stand :scarf:

I'll be boring and say my first ever game when we won 3-1 at Villa Park in November (I think) '96 :D .

I remember that one. I was in Blackpool that weekend and I can recall hearing the result on the radio. Bouncing I was (well, as much as a six-year-old can) :D

beating cambridge 5..1 in the play off semis was an amazing night.

it had it all, a warm evening a full noisy ground and of course the bonus of going to wembley.

Agreed. Remember that night at Filbo so vividly. I think Claridge and Dublin were playing for Cambridge? At that point I'd been supporting City for 20 years, and I was finally off to Wembley to watch my team. Still makes me tremble!

Theres loads of them.

Beating Fulham in the cup when 2-0 down, and they missed all their penalities after we got back to 2-2, think Marshall and Heskey scored in extra time.

Beating Arsenal on penalties in the cup when Arphexad was in goal.

Losing to Chelsea 4-3, what a game.

Beating Tottenham 3-2 from 2-0 down.

Beating Derby away was it 4-0? 5-0?

Arsenal 3-3 game.

Tranmere cup final.

Drawing to Tottenham away 4-4 in the Prem.

5-2 Sunderland game, we sung Stan the man drives a van or summat at the top of the carling stand for the whole match, the top few rows, and getting funny looks off people because we were singing it continuously, brilliant.

And more that i can't remember right now :P

I'm fortunate to have been to all of the Play-Off games, suprised Swindon hasn't been mentioned (Steve White you cheating bastard :@)...3 nil down and we come back to 3-3 only to be robbed by a dubious penalty decision. That must be up there with the greatest come backs at Wembley ever.

Archived