Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shrenchel

Best city match you've ever seen?!?

Beating Fulham in the cup when 2-0 down, and they missed all their penalities after we got back to 2-2, think Marshall and Heskey scored in extra time.

Walshy got one didnt he?

Arsenal will always be brilliant and Madrid at Filbert the atmosphere that night was unreal - not that I was old enough to suck all the atmosphere in but... 97, 99 and 00 Finals were all brilliant.

Another game that I wont forget was the 1/4 Final of the Worthington Cup in 2000 we beat Villa 1-0 with an Elliott header I think? Was a brilliant night. That was a loud night.

In my 12 years they have got to be: (In no order)

To quickly name recent ones before i head off to tonioghts game

City 2-1 Tranmere

City 4-0 Posh (for obvious reasons as my name will tell you)

City 2-1 Spurs last game at filbo

City 2-1 Cov in the promotion season, deane's last minute header

hell yeah, got that on tape. Love reminiscing about being there.

Also, are you on 606 as well Peterborofox??

My favourite game has to be Leicester 4-0 Leeds. If we could repeat that on Easter Monday, I'm sure Waccoe could go and creep and sulk into their little tiny holes and never come back!

hell yeah, got that on tape. Love reminiscing about being there.

Also, are you on 606 as well Peterborofox??

My favourite game has to be Leicester 4-0 Leeds. If we could repeat that on Easter Monday, I'm sure Waccoe could go and creep and sulk into their little tiny holes and never come back!

Nah, they'd probably go on about how little they care about us, before trying to organise another mass action against us like the shirt vote.

My first ever match.. 3-2 at home to Swindon in 1987 got me hooked on City.

2-0 down with about 12 minutes to go and to cap it off, Mark Venus scored a quality goal to seal it !!

Plus, Leicester 4-3 Leeds in 1989; we were 2-0 down going into the Second Half, Pulled it back to 2-2 through Paul Ramsey (miles offside), then Strachan made it 3-2 to Leeds before 2 goals from on-loan Paul Moran and Gary McAllister !!

In no particular order:

My first game against Grimsby which we won 4-0, when we beat Spurs 2-1 at Filbert St and Izzet scored the wonder volley, Leeds 4-0 2004. My favorite recent game was the 3-2 defeat to Villa in the cup.

Only one:

City 5 - 2 Sunderland

Heskey

Collymore 3

Oakes

The "What could have been!?" game. :(

Gotta agree with that. The game may not as been as meaningful as the playoff or cup wins, but in terms of sheer quality, it's probably the best i've seen City play. We destroyed Sunderland, and if you look at the players we had, it was a pretty good team! I remember coming away from the game starting to dream about competing for a top 6 spot, and the way we were under O'Neill, anything seemed possible. The Heskey/Collymore partnership looked like one of huge potential.

The reality turned out of course to be completely different, we have since plunged to previously unimaginable depths. But i truly believe we are on our way back, whether we can reach the heights we did under MON in the long term remains to be seen but Nige is doin a sterling job thus far....

Gotta agree with that. The game may not as been as meaningful as the playoff or cup wins, but in terms of sheer quality, it's probably the best i've seen City play. We destroyed Sunderland, and if you look at the players we had, it was a pretty good team! I remember coming away from the game starting to dream about competing for a top 6 spot, and the way we were under O'Neill, anything seemed possible. The Heskey/Collymore partnership looked like one of huge potential.

The reality turned out of course to be completely different, we have since plunged to previously unimaginable depths. But i truly believe we are on our way back, whether we can reach the heights we did under MON in the long term remains to be seen but Nige is doin a sterling job thus far....

The very next game we sold Heskey and one game after that Collymore broke his ankle... Then MON left... :(

Gotta be the Palace P/Off Final in 1996. When I missed Claridge shinning the ball coz I was looking at Kalac being substituted for Poole in goal ready for the panalty shoot-out and thinking "Please don't let them get a corner in the last few seconds!!", then turning back just in time to see the ball fly past Nigel Martyn into the goal ................. a second of shock followed by pure euphoria!! Still makes me shiver .................

The 3-3 against Liverpool was in April 1984 and was a sensational and completely untelevised game. Steve Lynex scored from about 40 yards from the wing, and it was simply a great game between two sides playing very well.

The Arsenal 3-3 and Swindon 3-4 would take some beating for sheer drama and emotion, beating Cambridge 5-1 in that play off semi was probably the best City performance I've ever seen, just about edging out the 4-0 win at Derby.

Walshy got one didnt he?

Arsenal will always be brilliant and Madrid at Filbert the atmosphere that night was unreal - not that I was old enough to suck all the atmosphere in but... 97, 99 and 00 Finals were all brilliant.

Another game that I wont forget was the 1/4 Final of the Worthington Cup in 2000 we beat Villa 1-0 with an Elliott header I think? Was a brilliant night. That was a loud night.

Arnar Gunlarggson nearly scored a cracker in that match, can remember him hitting the bar.

And singing shit on the villa all game :P

The 3-3 against Liverpool was in April 1984 and was a sensational and completely untelevised game. Steve Lynex scored from about 40 yards from the wing, and it was simply a great game between two sides playing very well.

The Arsenal 3-3 and Swindon 3-4 would take some beating for sheer drama and emotion, beating Cambridge 5-1 in that play off semi was probably the best City performance I've ever seen, just about edging out the 4-0 win at Derby.

:welcome:

That's 25 years ago. :cry:

beating cambridge 5..1 in the play off semis was an amazing night.

it had it all, a warm evening a full noisy ground and of course the bonus of going to wembley.

Agreed. Remember that night at Filbo so vividly. I think Claridge and Dublin were playing for Cambridge? At that point I'd been supporting City for 20 years, and I was finally off to Wembley to watch my team. Still makes me tremble!

Hmm, not that vividly - it was 5-0!

Fantastic game, I was in the top of the Double Decker. Cambridge were a solid team with Dublin and Philpott, probably slight favourites and I remember wondering if 1-1 in the first leg would be enough. This was one of those classic games under lights, great atmosphere and unbelievable result. We'd never been to Wembley before (in my lifetime) - remember how unprepared the club were for it? I think we queued half a day for tickets in a line that stretched for miles.

That is up there as one of my favourites along with the Arsenal 3-3 and our European tie against Red Star Belgrade (both of those were also Filbo night games). Then there are the Wembley appearances, the League Cup Final replay at Hillsborough, Atletico Madrid (on TV - Ian Marshall scoring!), winning 4-0 at Derby.

And there are lots of other memories that don't quite make it - grinding out wins under Little, a couple of games in the McGhee reign when we looked awesome and times in the Premiership with O'Neill when we could match anyone.

Happy days.

I'd have to agree with all of the above.

plus the 3-1 win against Forest when van Hoojdonkey got sent off.

Archived