Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shrenchel

Best city match you've ever seen?!?

I'll be boring and say my first ever game when we won 3-1 at Villa Park in November (I think) '96 :D .

Before that game Doug Ellis the then Villa Chairman said that the difference between Villa and City was that Villa were a steak and chips club and City were a beans on toast club !! What a feast City had !!

Bestest losing game- City Swindon P/off final! :cry:

Bestest best game- City 3 Bergkamp 3

Bestestets atmo wise- Pboro ? City ? under Brian Little. We took 25,000 you know???? :D

(Actually if anyone can tell me the result and date of this game i;ll be grateful.Even though i was there im fcuked if i can remember owt about it except for the 2 City streekers!!!!!)

I love watching that again. The team is awful on paper, even worst on the pitch, Derby outplay us from start to finish and we somehow manage to score two goals in the last ten minutes to nick it. Heroic.

Alex Alex Alex !!!!!!!!!!

Walshies 1st was in the first half when Iwan manhandled thier keeper Taylor :thumbup:

Classic game and great memory,

on 27-12-1993

Football League Championship

Leicester 4 (1) - 4(0) Watford

Oldfield Dyer

Oldfield Dyer

Ormondroyd Furlong

Thompson Furlong

Attendance: 21744

I enjoyed watching the game from the Carling stand at Christmas time with all the family.

Leicester City 3 - Fiorentina 3, Filbert Street, 2001/2

Got to see Dean Sturridge look like he had been an excellent signing, and saw some of my favourite players, Nuno Gomes, Enrique Chiesa, and Angelo Di Livio.

Great game as well.

Chiesa was a magician that night

:yesyes:

He got two didn't he? I remember Sturridge did, can't remember the other City scorer.

Used to love Firoentina around that age, when they had Batistuta, Rui Costa, Chiesa, all that bunch.

Sturridge got a hat-trick :thumbup:

Even though we lost on this day, the away game at Wolves the season we got relegated was awesome. 3-0 up at half time, and manage to lose 4-3

Certainly a memorable game - not for the right reasons though. :(

It was a devastating end to an already horrendous week.

I went to that match when I was really too ill to leave my bed. It's a miracle I'm still around to tell the tale... :o

For me there are two :

LCFC vs Shrewsbury in the FA Cup - enough said for any one who was there, and the FA Cup meant something.

LCFC vs. Liverpool 3-3 at Filbert Street 18/04/84 - what a game Liverpool in their prime with Dalglish, Souness, Rush. First time in the cop @ 14yrs old - atmosphere unbelievable. Plus got to rub it in with my school mates in East Anglia the next day who were all Liverpool fans but never seen a match.

Classic

The best games for me have to be:

Palace play off final, we didnt buy the cheap seats (for a change), but the seats were awful, it felt like we were in the roof but it didnt matter when super Steve scored, and it was a weird feeling when Kalac come on and people werent sure whether it was a good move or not

Swindon play off final, the feeling of coming back from 3-0 down was amazing

Arsenal 3-3 (sitting in the Northstand - quality)

Chelsea away last season, lost but what a great atmosphere, it got me hooked on away games

Another game which was a classic was Derby at Filbert street in 1994, 3-3, when Iwan got a hat trick, and Kitson got 2 for them

LCFC vs. Liverpool 3-3 at Filbert Street 18/04/84 - what a game Liverpool in their prime with Dalglish, Souness, Rush. First time in the cop @ 14yrs old - atmosphere unbelievable. Plus got to rub it in with my school mates in East Anglia the next day who were all Liverpool fans but never seen a match.

Classic

First game I ever went to. Sat in the Double Decker.

Been trying to dig up the goals from my favourite game ever - purely for the quality of the football.

Its back to 1974 - the FA Cup away at Luton. Brilliant display on a poor surface (as highlighted by ex Leicester player Rodney Fern.

City v Sunderland.

I must have been about 9 at the time. My old headteacher took me and my best friend! Sounds a bit wierd looking back on it!

It was amezzing though! Fantastic atmosphere, loved them parading the worthington cup round at the end.

Collymore & Heskey......what could have been!!!

The best games for me have to be:

Palace play off final, we didnt buy the cheap seats (for a change), but the seats were awful, it felt like we were in the roof but it didnt matter when super Steve scored, and it was a weird feeling when Kalac come on and people werent sure whether it was a good move or not

Swindon play off final, the feeling of coming back from 3-0 down was amazing

Arsenal 3-3 (sitting in the Northstand - quality)

Chelsea away last season, lost but what a great atmosphere, it got me hooked on away games

Another game which was a classic was Derby at Filbert street in 1994, 3-3, when Iwan got a hat trick, and Kitson got 2 for them

Was that the Olympic Gallery? I remember the Swindon game where I had to sit up there... I think the tickets were something like £50, but the seats were really well cushioned.

The Palace game we sat near the Royal Box, that was an experience, and the Derby game we were right near the Tunnel... I loved those days.

in terms of atmosphere , 3-3 leicester v derby during our promotion season under brian little.

iwan roberts scored a hat trick , jimmy greaves was sung about ," hes fat , hes round , he rolls along the ground , jimmy greaves , jimmy greaves" :giggle:

apparently he was commentating the match for central sports special later that night.

the atmosphere was so electric two poeple feinted and we had the sight of st.johns ambulancemen stretchering poeple away in front of the kop.

even during the warm up things were fun , twice the derby keeper lost his practice ball into the kop and when he asked for his ball it was just bounced around in the kop :giggle:

Beating Derby in play-off final was an amazing feeling. I remember looking up at the scoreboard and it said "Congratulations to Leicester City, you are in the Premier League" or something like that. So emotional.

The 4-0 thrashing of Derby in our first game at Pride Park was special too.

I also remember really enjoying the 0-0 against Wolves when 'The Hot Dog Kid' made his debut. He made some outstanding saves that day.

And of course the 2-1 against Spurs, went mental when Muzzy scored

in terms of atmosphere , 3-3 leicester v derby during our promotion season under brian little.

iwan roberts scored a hat trick , jimmy greaves was sung about ," hes fat , hes round , he rolls along the ground , jimmy greaves , jimmy greaves" :giggle:

apparently he was commentating the match for central sports special later that night.

the atmosphere was so electric two poeple feinted and we had the sight of st.johns ambulancemen stretchering poeple away in front of the kop.

even during the warm up things were fun , twice the derby keeper lost his practice ball into the kop and when he asked for his ball it was just bounced around in the kop :giggle:

Yes, brilliant night. I remember climbing the cage in pen 2 and taunting the shaggers

Archived