Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Brighton & Hove Albion Post Match Thread

I still can't shake off this nagging anger at extending our lead at the top of the table. I could do much better than whoever that bloke in our technical area last night is. And after eight consecutive home league wins, as soon as something goes vaguely wrong, I know the answer and he doesn't.

Now, I'm off to cure cancer before dinnertime.

You're content with taking a point and care for nothing more from last night - I envy you.

You're content with taking a point and care for nothing more from last night - I envy you.

You're wrong. To suggest that I ever care for less than a Leicester win is ludicrous, or that I'm happy when we've drawn a game we should have won. But I'm thankful for where we are at the moment given what could have happened this season and there are enough people whinging without me joining in about essentially insignificant things.

Excatly, We couldn't even beat a team 4th from bottom and people are talking about us being promoted in march :rolleyes: We're in big big trouble now. Remember this time last year when I SAID WE WOULD GO DOWN and people mocked and laughed and made silly jokes aimed at me. I reckon it will go right down the last game and we'll fook it up.

Win the play offs though .. Bluuuuuuuuuue armeeeeeh :scarf:

You're wrong.

Normally I'd argue the toss - but seeing as I seem to be attracting agreement in my opinions from certain sections of the forum I feel & fear you may be right.

I have been told it is due to snow in N'pton this weekend - this had best not be the case, I have no desire to freeze.

Fix this for me.

Normally I'd argue the toss - but seeing as I seem to be attracting agreement in my opinions from certain sections of the forum I feel & fear you may be right.

I have been told it is due to snow in N'pton this weekend - this had best not be the case, I have no desire to freeze.

Fix this for me.

Anything to alleviate the monotony of living here. Covering everything in white is a bit of a novelty (except for the Bugbrooke Bukkake Band).

The loss of Howard or Fryatt hits us hard, much more than it should. I know it is difficult but we need alternatives who pose a goal threat and are match sharp. Without competitive reserve team football this means they have to get game time by rotation with or substitution of Howard and Fryatt.

Look at the facts, Gradel was outstanding for Bournemouth last season playing down the left or in a central role, never gets the chance to play there this season, Campbell gets very few chances, is incredibly over anxious and cocks things up. Goes to Blackpool, in the Championship FFS, scores twice and is playing really well.

Reflect on this.

How can I? And how can you, unless you watched Gradel week in week out last season, and that you've watched all of DJ's games for Blackpool this season? It's easy to say this from what you see on the tv. A prime example of tv ratings giving out a higher average than those when watched at a live game were echoed in the Yeovil player ratings results thread. I think nearly every vote from the tv viewers were higher than the fans that went down there.

Having watched nearly all of the games this season I can tell you what we missed last night, was Steve Howard.

Brighton having nine men behind the ball was something that everyone in the ground could have anticipated. It's a tactic that's become familiar to the viewing public for years down here.

What I didn't see last night was any sort of serious commitment to breaking down those nine men. Brighton didn't mark particularly closely and they certainly weren't tenacious. They were simply organised and workmanlike.

What City needed was more pace, more movement, more forward support and a determination to do much more to disrupt Mickey Adams' organisation. We didn't get it and Pearson didn't make the sorts of changes that might have provided any of those things.

Only he will know why.

But Thracian, we did break them down, several times.

It was just one of those nights when our strikeforce were misfiring, defenders blocking goal bound shots, keeper making decent saves, woodwork sending the ball out rather than in.

What more could we have done? :dunno:

How can I? And how can you, unless you watched Gradel week in week out last season, and that you've watched all of DJ's games for Blackpool this season? It's easy to say this from what you see on the tv. A prime example of tv ratings giving out a higher average than those when watched at a live game were echoed in the Yeovil player ratings results thread. I think nearly every vote from the tv viewers were higher than the fans that went down there.

Having watched nearly all of the games this season I can tell you what we missed last night, was Steve Howard.

Exactly. And he will probably be missing again before the end of season. I am not looking to replace him (or Fryatt ) just to find a viable option when the inevitable happens.

I try to refrain from commenting on specific games that I have not attended and no, I have not seen DJ play for Blackpool. I was simply pointing out that he has scored twice in as many games for them, yet did not look remotely likely to score when he has played for us. :dunno:

Gradel got consistently rave reviews last season and we know he has pace and despite not getting that many starts has a fair number of assists this season. We know exactly what we are going to get from Hayles and Dickov and against massed defence that is not very much. On the other hand Gradel has hardly been given a chance in his best position on the left or more interestingly through the middle.

Of course I don't know that it will work, how could I? But is it really such an offensive idea to actually give it a try?

But Thracian, we did break them down, several times.

It was just one of those nights when our strikeforce were misfiring, defenders blocking goal bound shots, keeper making decent saves, woodwork sending the ball out rather than in.

What more could we have done? :dunno:

You make it sound exciting. God knows which match I'd nipped into by mistake. :whistle:

Archived