Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Brighton & Hove Albion Post Match Thread

Damn.

What a bad game. So many chances. None taken.

Fryatt. Disappointing.

Dickov. Plain awful.

Hobbs. Almost scored an own goal.

Cleverley. Promising.

At least the others in the league have dropped points, as well.

Still, I'm not too happy with this result. Dire.

Lets not get dispondant, we had to stall somewhere, and we did but we didn`t lose. Cleverley sounds promising we are still 10 points ahead of anybody what more do we want. Our second half form of last season which was dire will still see us promoted.

Don`t knock them get behind them.

As always it will be interesting to hear the fans opinion who made it to the game, but from listening to it, it sounds like we didnt play that badly. Created plenty of chances (Cleverley had a good game by the sounds of it) Brighton set out to defend and maybe hit us on the break and have got away with a point thanks to the woodwork and a couple of good saves by the keeper.

The moans are really Fryatt who should have had a hat trick, Dickov was dire again and i can't understand why Chambers didnt get a chance. But, the main thing was the (albeit few) boos at the end. WTF?! Pearson and the team must be pissed off to hear that, anyone who knows anything about football knows you get games like this, where its hard to break a team down and things just don't go your way.

Our form has been outstanding and nothings changed, this is nowt but a minor blip...

Frustrating, it's a home match and we should win. However, we will have these days, and fortunately, so far, they've been few and far between.

10 points clear of second and 11 clear of 3rd-5th, it probably should be 13 but I wouldn't swap with anybody else.

As always it will be interesting to hear the fans opinion who made it to the game, but from listening to it, it sounds like we didnt play that badly. Created plenty of chances (Cleverley had a good game by the sounds of it) Brighton set out to defend and maybe hit us on the break and have got away with a point thanks to the woodwork and a couple of good saves by the keeper.

The moans are really Fryatt who should have had a hat trick, Dickov was dire again and i can't understand why Chambers didnt get a chance. But, the main thing was the (albeit few) boos at the end. WTF?! Pearson and the team must be pissed off to hear that, anyone who knows anything about football knows you get games like this, where its hard to break a team down and things just don't go your way.

Our form has been outstanding and nothings changed, this is nowt but a minor blip...

exactly, the amount of times i heard Hobbs and Morrison's name mentioned, in attacking situations!!!

no doubt MM will be in the papers complaing about the few boo-ers.....

Lets get this into perspective:

1. We were missing Howard which was a huge blow and undoubtedly affected our gameplan given he has been pivotal to our attacks this season.

2. We are still adjusting to life without Davies and his creativity was undoubtedly missed.

3. Cleverley perfomed well and given additional games will have increasing influence.

4. Brighton came for a point and we are not the only team to struggle in such circumstances - just ask Arsene Wenger.

The only concern for me is the fact that tonight has perhaps revealed just how reliant we are upon Howard - it sounds like Morrison and Hobbs were both still assuming he was on the field. We need to have an effective and well rehearsed 'Plan B'.

We have dropped two points but need not panic. MK Dons appear to be faltering - it is Millwall that I most fear but they have some tough games on the horizon.

i think it is too easy to put this result down to howards absence... and i hope attendees will confirm that we did adapt reasonably well... it certainly sounded like the result was a combination of brighton's game plan, poor finishing, a good away keeper and the woodwork....

we had enough chances and possession to win - but it was just one of those games....

Let's not be too disappointed. It's a setback. But not a great one. Should have scored a couple, but that's football. You can't win them all. We are 10 points clear. It still looks good for us :).

Let's look forward to Northampton on Saturday, and hope that Howard is back, and hope for 3 points!

Disappointing but this was always going to happen. We can't win every game, and more importantly we didn't lose. Teams will come and frustrate us and our run had to end. The league still looks pretty tasty and this result may be a good reminder to anyone who thinks we can now take every game for granted.

Brighton piss me off!

Fryatt annoys me!

Dickov isn't what he was

We miss Howard (can't believe i say that now, need a big striker replacement for future problems)

Morrison needs to learn to pass the ball and not lump it

Cleverley looks like he could turn out to be a clever player (i'm sure that pun has been done allready)

Would have been nice to get a 12pt lead but 10pts is good, MK Dons messing up makes up for it abit

The effort wasn't there tonight from anyone, the fans, the players, no one could be arsed.

I'm sorry, I was listening on the radio on the way home & they were praising Cleverley. I have no idea where this comes from, he is simply dreadful in central midfield & Berner has to go back there for Saturday. He is 'ok' on the wing but nothing special.

Paul Dickov is past it, simple as. & bringing Barry Hayles on isn't the answer! Play Chambers!!! I think we could do with a striker, we struggled without Big Steve.

Dyer, find your early season form please.

& FAO Hobbs & Morrison, go to training tomorrow & learn how to pass forwards not sidewards.

Another point towards automatic promotion, four points out of Northampton & Walsall would be nice.

Archived