Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Brighton & Hove Albion Post Match Thread

We're ten points clear, but Milwall have two games in hand and also seem to be in decent form. Assuming they win these games, that puts us five points ahead. Still good, obviously, but not that great.

Very much to the point.

With Tunchev out, Hobbs and Morrison have done a decent job as the second choice center back pairing. Both have head plenty of game time and although neither are yet in Tunchev's class, they have come in and done well from the off.

Contrast that with our twin striker situation where we have no-one sharp enough to step in should either miss a few games.

If it does occur then those 5 points can disappear in pretty short order!

Shit game.

Shit atmosphere.

For the people that slate Howard - this game goes to show how much we miss him.

Agreed on all counts, a major contrast given the last game I've been to was Peterborough. Both strikers were shocking and the midfield was so feeble, no passion, drive, energy or commitment from any one of the quartet. A hugely disappointing performance.

why does every 1 kep bitching about last night? were 10 points clear at the top of the league even man scum dont win every game ? get a grip people

Because it was a poor performance, what's the point of having a fans forum if everyone has to wax lyrical about the team week in week out and crictism is not allowed. The team have been great for 90% of the season but last night was one of few exceptions, and I'm not sure anyone can deny that it was disappointing.

Playing poorly and not getting the right result happens to all teams and I have no problem with that.

It is when we play poorly for reasons that we are aware of, but have done nothing about (and continue to do nothing about) that bothers me. Last night was a perfect time to try something different, Gradel or Chambers running the channels or even up front alongside Fryatt, would at least have been very interesting. It may not have worked but it would have posed a much greater threat to the Brighton defense than Dickov and Hayles could manage.

Because it was a poor performance, what's the point of having a fans forum if everyone has to wax lyrical about the team week in week out and crictism is not allowed. The team have been great for 90% of the season but last night was one of few exceptions, and I'm not sure anyone can deny that it was disappointing.

Yes, but some of it is completely over the top. Like the booing.

Was so frustrating. But we'll have games like that.

We missed a presence up front until Hayles came on and as soon as he did, we had our best spells.

Ah well, another point and another clean sheet.

Cleverly and King is not something that inspires me. It doens't looke like they have the right qualities to play together. Neither one of them seem to know when someone is going and when someone is holding. I understand it's early days for them playing together but it's not something we can dwell on for too long.

I thought Fryatt was dreadful last night. Didn't look interested for the majority and missed a fantastic chance to win it for us right at the end. He failed to pass yet again on a number of occasions and slowed the tempo down as a result.

We missed Howard certainly and given the choice I'd shove Hayles ahead of Dickov who was not up to it.

Bad result, yet we still extended our lead.

i think it's quite funny that because we haven't won most people are saying it was because we missed howard, which i'm sure we did, especially given the performance of his replacement.

yet the difference between tonight and saturday, from what people have said is minimal - ie. we were a bit shit - in fact the only difference between the two games, that i can see, is that tonight we hit the woodwork two or three times...such a fine line, really.

once again, the assumptions and reality haven't matched and some fans just can't understand it, and diagnose that something must be wrong.

howard or no howard, dickov or no dickov, we still created enough chances to win tonight as comfortably (scorelinewise) as we did on saturday, but sometimes the ball just doesn't go for you, that's all it is.

pearson ain't gonna rush out and buy a striker just cause of this performance, that's pure silliness, he knows that the players we have are good enough to win this league...then he'll go shopping :thumbup:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What Valerenga said.

PS Cleverly wasn't bad last night.

i think it's quite funny that because we haven't won most people are saying it was because we missed howard, which i'm sure we did, especially given the performance of his replacement.

yet the difference between tonight and saturday, from what people have said is minimal - ie. we were a bit shit - in fact the only difference between the two games, that i can see, is that tonight we hit the woodwork two or three times...such a fine line, really.

once again, the assumptions and reality haven't matched and some fans just can't understand it, and diagnose that something must be wrong.

howard or no howard, dickov or no dickov, we still created enough chances to win tonight as comfortably (scorelinewise) as we did on saturday, but sometimes the ball just doesn't go for you, that's all it is.

pearson ain't gonna rush out and buy a striker just cause of this performance, that's pure silliness, he knows that the players we have are good enough to win this league...then he'll go shopping :thumbup:

However, tonight the set up of the game was much different to Saturday.

Brighton came to defend and go home with a point, Huddersfield came to win.

Brighton often had 9 men behind the ball forcing us to try and pass through them, which didn't work, or go long to Fryatt and Dickov which obviously didn't work. With Howard this would have been a much more plausible method and would have probably created a lot more.

Brighton often had 9 men behind the ball forcing us to try and pass through them, which didn't work, or go long to Fryatt and Dickov which obviously didn't work. With Howard this would have been a much more plausible method and would have probably created a lot more.

All this is true, but the fact is that Fryatt could/should of had 2, Dickov had a good effort saved. With a little bit of luck we would have won that match quite easily and nobody would have been talking about Howard.

yes. FF.

I'm in EE :unsure:

Cba to read 9 pages but but why were they in out yellow shirts?

When the ref saw their kit he said it was too similar to ours in colour and that they would have to change.

They did not bring another kit with them, someone told them they could wear our away kit, an offer they accepted.

Maybe that's why we drew 0-0, we thought we were playing against ourselves! :o

I like most on here was disappointed in last nights result.

Yes we did miss Howard, however lets face it we had enough chances to win the game.

Hit the post, hit the bar, couple of decent saves from their keeper.

Glaring misses from both Dickov and Fryatt.

It was just going to be one of those games.

If we'd played for another 90 mins. it would probably still have been 0-0

It's in the past, forget it and let's move on and hopefully come back with a win on Saturday.

Brighton having nine men behind the ball was something that everyone in the ground could have anticipated. It's a tactic that's become familiar to the viewing public for years down here.

What I didn't see last night was any sort of serious commitment to breaking down those nine men. Brighton didn't mark particularly closely and they certainly weren't tenacious. They were simply organised and workmanlike.

What City needed was more pace, more movement, more forward support and a determination to do much more to disrupt Mickey Adams' organisation. We didn't get it and Pearson didn't make the sorts of changes that might have provided any of those things.

Only he will know why.

Brighton having nine men behind the ball was something that everyone in the ground could have anticipated. It's a tactic that's become familiar to the viewing public for years down here.

What I didn't see last night was any sort of serious commitment to breaking down those nine men. Brighton didn't mark particularly closely and they certainly weren't tenacious. They were simply organised and workmanlike.

What City needed was more pace, more movement, more forward support and a determination to do much more to disrupt Mickey Adams' organisation. We didn't get it and Pearson didn't make the sorts of changes that might have provided any of those things.

Only he will know why.

As always an early goal in these matches is crucial. It means they'll either settle for damage limitation, which means we can play the game at our own pace, or come out and attack, leaving gaps and our quality should show through.

I hate these matches, I've hated them all my life. I've no problem with teams coming to defend, it's almost a compliment that they feel stopping us winning is a great result, it's just the frustration of not being able to break them down.

Not the best night for Pearson, but on the whole, he's been very strong at breaking down teams this season, as shown by our excellent home form. Oldham will come and play, which could be to our benefit.

I still can't shake off this nagging anger at extending our lead at the top of the table. I could do much better than whoever that bloke in our technical area last night is. And after eight consecutive home league wins, as soon as something goes vaguely wrong, I know the answer and he doesn't.

Now, I'm off to cure cancer before dinnertime.

I still can't shake off this nagging anger at extending our lead at the top of the table. I could do much better than whoever that bloke in our technical area last night is. And after eight consecutive home league wins, as soon as something goes vaguely wrong, I know the answer and he doesn't.

Now, I'm off to cure cancer before dinnertime.

Make sure you give Max Gradel and Ashley Chambers a run out in the lab.

Archived