Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rocky Dennis

Boo-Boys in SK1

I know what your saying, and maybe im just thinking it and im wrong, but surely the booing must annoy the players and make them think the fans are idiots

I agree, there is no doubting that. Every club has its idiots, we just generally have more than most. :thumbup:

I know what your saying, and maybe im just thinking it and im wrong, but surely the booing must annoy the players and make them think the fans are idiots

There's an awful lot of our fans who are idiots, as proven by being 10 points clear and still booing :D

why oh why did we have some fans booing and the end of the game last night? what a bunch of ar**holes!!!!! :angry:

no doubt these are the idiots that think stevie howard is still not worth his place in the team even after seein how we couldn't really do much to brake down brighton last night with all their players behind the ball. :@

IF mandaric came out to the press complaining and telling them to stay away i would be 110% behind him.

why oh why did we have some fans booing and the end of the game last night? what a bunch of ar**holes!!!!! :angry:

no doubt these are the idiots that think stevie howard is still not worth his place in the team even after seein how we couldn't really do much to brake down brighton last night with all their players behind the ball. :@

IF mandaric came out to the press complaining and telling them to stay away i would be 110% behind him.

Didn't he do that last season? Told them to stay in the pub or summin? I probably have just completely made that up, can't remember what happened 2 weeks ago.

The inbreds who boo have played a big part in our home record being so wank in recent years imo. I don't know what some people think they're going to see, but no team wins every game, and in recent years when they've been struggling, there is no slack cut at all. You could see last year that payers were visibly afraid of giving away the ball because of the reaction they'd get, and so were more cautious.

And I'm certain there are a significant number of fans who only get vocal when they aren't pleased :angry: . Maybe someone could explain to me why this is, I don't really understand? Booing is not supporting, so those people who call themselves "supporters" should actually support the team.

Spot On.

I know the game was shite, but you really do get more noise in a library than you did last night.

So after NOT supporting the team for 90 mins, some of them then booed. Arseholes.

Perhaps they could sponsor a cardboard cutout of a fan instead of coming to the game.

:chant:

I cant imagine Mandaric (if he was there) was happy with the booing especially after everything the club is trying to do to celebrate 125 yrs and involve the local community. I hope he comes out and says something and tells them to stay in the pub again

Couldnt agree more they should clear off and support Man United . On most night it would have been 2 or 3 nil and they are also a bit of a bogey side . I

wonder if any one booed MK Dons who lost at home to Leyton Orient .

nope, round of applause for the players at the end, players came over and applauded the fans, one tosser behind me was swearing and talking about ripping up his season ticket all match and to be honest, i hope he does, fooking willy puller yelling obscenities at our own players for absolutely nothing, really pissed me off. he was the only idiot though...

We are having our annual january bad patch, will be sorted out the moment we hit febuary, we also are going to get alot of players back soon.

can't believe we missed that penalty with the last kick of the bloody match, to be fair, it was a good penalty and a great save though

I sit in SK1 and I have a whole row of wankers in front of me, couldn't go to the brighton match but if it was coming from row R it was probably them. Booing is disgraceful IMO especially when we are top of the league, people should get their priorities straight.

I see the thread has attracted a fair number of the happy-clappy brigade, the types that think ANY criticism of club, management or players amounts to treason.

Anyone thinking of joining their ranks should ask themselves the following:

1) How did we sink to the third tier in the first place?

2) Why, despite the run of eight home wins, were there only 17000 at the game?

There are clearly a large section of the fanbase who, for various reasons, no longer attend games. Tuesday's performance and result will not exactly tempt them to return.

I see the thread has attracted a fair number of the happy-clappy brigade, the types that think ANY criticism of club, management or players amounts to treason.

There are clearly a large section of the fanbase who, for various reasons, no longer attend games. Tuesday's performance and result will not exactly tempt them to return.

1) Because we finished in the bottom 3 last season.

2) Because sadly, Adam Virgo and Jason Jarrett don't draw crowds.

Hope these have answered your queries.

1) Because we finished in the bottom 3 last season - really? :o How could this possibly have happened with such a flawless team and management?

2) Because sadly, Adam Virgo and Jason Jarrett don't draw crowds. Evidently Andy King and Matty Fryatt can't pull them in either.

Hope these have answered your queries.

1)The fact that the players got perpetually booed last season was a contributing factor in the whole morale of the team dying a death and getting us relegated. You think if more small minded twats had booed the players they would have lifted their game and we would have stayed up?!

2) I dunno mate, maybe it's because the walkers is full of ****** who won't sing all game but will quite happily boo the players off at the first sign of a stutter. That certainly puts me off going there, I can imagne it would do the same to anyone with half a brain.

I don't even know what you're argument is ultra. How is the fact we 'sunk to the third' tier relevant to ****s booing a largely completely new team/staff that are top of it. To be honest you sound like some cretin trying to justify the fact you booed a team that are well clear at the top and playing some of the best football we have in seasons.

1- Because we have been inept footballing wise and void of confidence for the last 4-5 years with a succesion of managers who mostly shoudlnt even manage a branch of Asda's.

2-For the reason above.

Critisism is good.

Critisisim when we've got something to critisise the team for.

For the moment ets stick to hammering the OS or emailng Peter Jones for the concoourse running out of pies!!!

Im sure if and when we do get promotion to the CChip,we'll have plenty of opportunities to hammer the team again!!!!! :santa:

P.S Perhaps it says more about football the the likes of Forest,Leeds and maybe soon Saints,Charlton or Derby too could be in LG1.

All of whom have had spells in the Prem not so long ago!!!!

Could be worse...im sure Swindon were in the Prem.... :D

you really are as thick as pigsh*t sometimes.

Why are we where we are is because of a number of reasons. It is nothing to do with people turning a blind eye. You only have to look at the posts that were made this time last year. Criticism is fine, but only if constructive; do you honestly think that the people booing on Tuesday night were being constructive? I don't think so.

It doesn't amount to treason, but I can't see the point of booing when you are ten points clear at the top. It makes us look like a very fickle bunch of fans, and knee-jerk reactions, so as those aired on RL afterwards, don't help the cause.

1) We sank to the third tier through a lack of harmony, stability and a group of players who either weren't good enough or played to their potential. This has nothing to do with the current management team, some of the players yes, but they are doing their best to turn things around- Oakley, Fryatt and Howard have been instrumental and look totally different players (I know it's at a lower level, but we'd be complaining if they weren't doing it this season).

2) I can't answer that. It's not a great attendance, you'll have to ask those who don't attend regularly why they don't.

Tuesday's performance won't tempt them back, but performances like the Peterborough and Leyton Orient matches will do. A good performance and result against Oldham, on Sky as well, may tempt some of them back to the ground.

It doesn't amount to treason, but I can't see the point of booing when you are ten points clear at the top. It makes us look like a very fickle bunch of fans, and knee-jerk reactions, so as those aired on RL afterwards, don't help the cause.

1) We sank to the third tier through a lack of harmony, stability and a group of players who either weren't good enough or played to their potential. This has nothing to do with the current management team, some of the players yes, but they are doing their best to turn things around- Oakley, Fryatt and Howard have been instrumental and look totally different players (I know it's at a lower level, but we'd be complaining if they weren't doing it this season).

2) I can't answer that. It's not a great attendance, you'll have to ask those who don't attend regularly why they don't.

Tuesday's performance won't tempt them back, but performances like the Peterborough and Leyton Orient matches will do. A good performance and result against Oldham, on Sky as well, may tempt some of them back to the ground.

17K was a typical attendance for this season if you take into account, the away contingent was small (and who could blame them), non-season ticket holders had already forked out at least £23 just 3 days before and there was a live game on the TV I believe.

In the Championship Birmingham only 15.3K against Derby on the same evening and got Cov only got less than 15K against Cardiff on Wednesday evening.

1) Errr incase you didn't notice it was a completly different set-up. We made a fresh start under NP.

2) I can probably answer this one best for you. Ex-Season ticket holder and now I don't even know who were playing some home matches.

Its because the matchday experience is completly awfull. I've been offered tickets for free and turned them down. I couldn't care less how crap the team is playing, I'd rather enjoy myself. I can't do this surrounded by idiots who sit on there arse, clap along to ring of fire and then moan and even boo the team! If you think I'm paying to do that, blindly, just to support my team, they can **** off.

I wouldn't get a season ticket if we do get promoted or even if we were in the premiership, although I might turn up for a big team ( I used to hate people that did that too) because the away fans might inject some life into the place (And don't say that you don't need away fans to have an atmosphere, you do at the walkers).

Do people enjoy booing and moaning at the team?

I'm still surprised 17000 people are daft into to turn up. I can't see the attraction at all.

Carlisle was December 13th...is that not recent enough for you? Leeds, the goal was at the other end!

The players cant jump into the crowd as they will get booked.

:chant::chant::thumbup: so your saying if fans stop booing, when the players score there going to jump into crowd and celebrate??? no there not!!

Couldnt agree more they should clear off and support Man United . On most night it would have been 2 or 3 nil and they are also a bit of a bogey side . I

wonder if any one booed MK Dons who lost at home to Leyton Orient .

Apparently there was some and the Dons are on a 'bad run' at the moment !! However, they are 'punching' above their weight to some extent so it cannot be excused either

Archived