Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Norf'ampton post-match

Erm...No.

Sat in the Northampton end isn't that fun.

There is no way on Earth today ranks as one of the worst matches ever. Not unless you are on drugs or afflicted by a mental ailment.

It was head and shoulders above Tuesday for a start-off. How about any of the games last season where we didn't battle? Colchester at home two seasons ago where we struggled to find the effort to make it 0-0?

It may not have been fun sitting on your hands but that was still entertaining enough...and the winning goal was a beautiful move from beginning to end, simply beautiful.

Dogged fight today, they were well up for it particularly the first half an hour or so, but in the end I think we deserved the three points, if for no other reason than me predicting a goal moments before we went on the attack to get the winner :cool: .

And how many of us were there in the home end :scarf: ? More to the point, how many of us didn't get thrown out :laugh: ?

There is no way on Earth today ranks as one of the worst matches ever. Not unless you are on drugs or afflicted by a mental ailment.

It was head and shoulders above Tuesday for a start-off. How about any of the games last season where we didn't battle? Colchester at home two seasons ago where we struggled to find the effort to make it 0-0?

It may not have been fun sitting on your hands but that was still entertaining enough...and the winning goal was a beautiful move from beginning to end, simply beautiful.

Haha well I just think it was a bit too cold to be sitting on my hands today shaking to try and keep warm.

And being watched by a steward right in front of us for nearly all of the game so couldn't even talk about Leicester.

And btw was it a penalty or a free kick.. couldn't make it out where i was.

Erm...No.

Sat in the Northampton end isn't that fun.

I enjoyed it, though obviously the result helped. Worst game though? Did you miss the last 4 years?

Best moment was the bald guy who was Northamptons self appointed conductor (who stood up after they were singing) trying to gee them up and everyone mumbling 'twat' 'willy puller' etc.

I do agree though our noise wasn't fantastic today.

I enjoyed it, though obviously the result helped. Worst game though? Did you miss the last 4 years?

Best moment was the bald guy who was Northamptons self appointed conductor (who stood up after they were singing) trying to gee them up and everyone mumbling 'twat' 'willy puller' etc.

I do agree though our noise wasn't fantastic today.

It really does make me laugh, Last Tuesday and I think it was the Millwall game we lost earlier in the season and the bloke next to me kept saying "this is the worst i've ever seen", "this is the worst team ever", "If we lose this I ain't even come again, I'm finished".

Unbelievable.

I wish he wouldn't come again and was finished. Twat.

We got a hard-earned 3 points. Another positive being that Howard and Dyer both scored. I still can't believe it's over 2 months since Dyer had scored his last goal before today :o

Also Howard's 10th of the season :appl:

A few negatives aswell though...

Defence seems to be struggling, hopefully a big player like Wayne Brown can add some much needed experience to the back line at the minute. Martin has the communication skills of a monkey when it comes to speaking to his defenders, Hobbs, Morrison and Gilbert are all still young.

Also, it seems that despite Cleverley slowly fitting in he struggles when it begins to get physical. E.g Huddersfield he was moved to right back and today.

Hmmm don't know where to start with this match. Nothing to do with Leicester but am totally pissed off with refs who want to make themselves the centre of attention. Penalty decision looked very dodgy and perhaps not in the box (will have to see the replay).

Anyway, it obviously totally changed the game. We were far happier with the cut and thrust of the game before the penalty, justifiably taking the lead. Leicester were exactly how Stuart Gray had described them rigid and direct (although a lot of this could be to do with the conditions), certainly nowhere near how good I have seen them before.

Howard looked well of the pace and Fyatt just couldn't find his feet. losing Akinfenwa before kick off was a massive blow to us and to be honest winning was always going to be an uphill struggle. I said I thought the team with the best players would win and that's what happened. The second goal was a lovely counter attack and finish, if only it could have been us scoring it!

I will sound a note of caution that your side aren't the all conquering heroes that your league position makes out, when you go up you will have to make significant signings because quite frankly you struggled to cope with a Northampton side put together for shirt buttons. It doesn't bode well.

All the best for the rest of the season and your fans sounded loud to me. Your fans celebrating in our end when you scored were quite clearly taking the piss and were rightly given the boot. I thought it was funny untill i saw a young girl having a severe asthma attack/panic attack because of the disturbance. Maybe think again before going in an area not allocated to you. It can have intinifdating effects without you knowing it

Hmmm don't know where to start with this match. Nothing to do with Leicester but am totally pissed off with refs who want to make themselves the centre of attention. Penalty decision looked very dodgy and perhaps not in the box (will have to see the replay).

Howard looked well of the pace and Fyatt just couldn't find his feet. losing Akinfenwa before kick off was a massive blow to us and to be honest winning was always going to be an uphill struggle. I said I thought the team with the best players would win and that's what happened. The second goal was a lovely counter attack and finish, if only it could have been us scoring it!

Howard was great today don't know how you can say he was off the pace. Fryatt was abysmal again.

2nd goal was great play.

How your number 3 was voted MOTM i don't know. I thought your forward had a better game clark?

I will sound a note of caution that your side aren't the all conquering heroes that your league position makes out, when you go up you will have to make significant signings because quite frankly you struggled to cope with a Northampton side put together for shirt buttons. It doesn't bode well.

A) I think there's those here intelligent enough to appreciate the need to further strengthen the squad, thanks for your concern :thumbup:

B) Having tiddly teams raise their game on their park-like football pitches hardly works as a measure of our potential next season.

Well, well, well.

Very scrapy game from end to finish with a one brilliant moved that caped the win.

Jack Hobbs was a rock at the back today and Morrison got better as the game went on.

David Martin saved us big time at the end two great blocks.

Tom Cleverly looked lively in the middle/right which was good to see.

Joe Mattock was pretty poor as was Fryatt.

Northampton fans, considering today was their "biggie" as proclaimed by the tannoy anouncer pre game, were pretty woeful, as were the city faithful for the majority of the 90minutes. Too many of the flask army type today me thinks.

Oh and on a side note, Steve Howard, Matt Oakley and Paul Dickov walking back to the car park digging into a takeway pizza after the game lol, as was Chrissy P.

You were doing so well until then. Shame.

yeah it's perfectly fine to brag about celebrating in the home end after I have commented that a girl got a severe panic attack because of celebrating Leicester fans in our end. Nice work

I can't believe the amount of empty seats. I don't mean this in a 'we're a massive club, their cup final etc' way, but I did think not selling out was pretty poor. Especially considering the amount of City fans thrown out of the home areas and the proabable (IMO) few hundred others who sat on their hands better.

yeah it's perfectly fine to brag about celebrating in the home end after I have commented that a girl got a severe panic attack because of celebrating Leicester fans in our end. Nice work

I don't know the facts so will stand to be corrected, but surely if people celebrating around you causes a panic attack should you be at the game? If they were aggressive then no excuse but I wonder if its a bit of a 'we lost so lets say how bad the Leicester fans wer making girls cry'

Archived