Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Norf'ampton post-match

Combined bench age of about 200.

Hehehe - Gotta love our old legion. My mate joked that he'd hope they had their blankets and flasks

Oh and hate to say it, but the Leicester fans were poor today :ph34r: . S'pose we're allowed off days :thumbup: .

It just been that everyone was out to start new songs etc. Ring Of Fire didn't get going either....a 5 on the atmosphere scale.

I was expectant as well - turned up and it was Flask Army galore but then it built up.

Although I liked

'1-0 down,

and we don't give a fook.

We're top of the league

and we're going up'

I can't believe the amount of empty seats. I don't mean this in a 'we're a massive club, their cup final etc' way, but I did think not selling out was pretty poor. Especially considering the amount of City fans thrown out of the home areas and the proabable (IMO) few hundred others who sat on their hands better.

That was their biggest crowd of the season - bigger than Leeds two visits and Peterborough. In the top 5 biggest attendances at Sixfields.

What happened in the Northampton Main stand just after our goal ... Everyone just seemed to run into the concourse!

One fella celebrated a bit too much and he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Hence 20 Northampton fans running off to him.

Great win for us today. Many Leicester fans in the home end, fair play to the leicester fans that we're stood on the hill aswell. I'll upload the penalty later. Was it me or we're Northamptons stewards fairly relaxed today?

Poor fans on the hill for first half. I thought the stewards were relaxed, in fact I think they were under instructions to allow the Police to do the hand to hand stuff. Before kick-off, some fella randomly ran on the pitch to get a massive balloon - two coppers watched him do it!

lol Jackman was by far their best player. The only thing he did wrong was slice that volley wide and apparently he was 'shit'.

Joins my list of impressive League 1 players - Kuffour, Fon Williams.

Good ol' scrappy win - last scrappy away win since Man City at Maine Road and a Savage goal.

Fair play.

Always knew it would be tight today. Pitch was poor. They work very hard. We just needed to score more goals than them and not worry about how we did it.

Can't wait to see the winner again, looked a beautiful goal at the time.

Where were you? Holly and her "head the ball" Dad were just in front of me.

Holly, if you're reading, your Dad needs signing up.

(If that was your boyfriend I deeply apologise and believe him to be a handsome devil)

Where were you? Holly and her "head the ball" Dad were just in front of me.

Holly, if you're reading, your Dad needs signing up.

(If that was your boyfriend I deeply apologise and believe him to be a handsome devil)

Sat next to Holly on the other side of her from her Dad. lol

Wasn't there when her Dad made that clearance during the warmup though, was stood talking to LD3 etc down the other end.

I was giving it large at the final whistle, stood on the barriers directly behind the goal. Couldn't see Jimmy Bullard anywhere though. Bastard.

Had a good day.

The pitch was garbage. The game was garbage. But we done what we had to do. Pleased for Loyd who scored a cracking goal, and for Steve who was probably our best player. Fryatt was alright, but I think that early blow took a lot out of him.

Seen Oakley at Northampton train station. :cool:

Oh, and my thanks go to Daggers for the jelly babies. :D

Are you riding a motorbike? No. Mentalists ride motorbikes across the Midlands to this game.

Big tough mentalists.

(Hoping the bloody thing doesn't break down)

:D

024.jpg

:unsure::whistle:

Think they moved round so they could see the goal, and thus the goal.

Thus depriving me of more zooming opportunity. :angry:

Isn't the view from the other side even more restricted than where they were in the first half?

I have far too many questions today.

Thus depriving me of more zooming opportunity. :angry:

Isn't the view from the other side even more restricted than where they were in the first half?

I have far too many questions today.

Nah, if you move down towards the West/Main Stand you can see the goal we were attacking second half a lot better. Assume that's where they went. Would have had a perfect view of our winner.

Nah, if you move down towards the West/Main Stand you can see the goal we were attacking second half a lot better. Assume that's where they went. Would have had a perfect view of our winner.

Does make you wonder why you paid £20-odd for the pleasure!!

Is anyone else still cold?

Yes.

A) I think there's those here intelligent enough to appreciate the need to further strengthen the squad, thanks for your concern :thumbup:

B) Having tiddly teams raise their game on their park-like football pitches hardly works as a measure of our potential next season.

:unsure:

Like most of the other teams in this division, I think they deserve our respect - not a supercilious, arrogant attitude of superiority.
Is anyone else still cold?

A romantic curry with Fez warmed me up afterwards. He's a dish.

Anyway, ground out a win, not sure what we got the penalty for, winning goal was brilliant, 10 points clear, happy.

lol look at the 7th picture down (i think) on th os picture special, look at the keepers face after fryatt smack it one, you can literally see the force hit his face lol

I thought it was the elephant man. :dunno:

Archived