Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Walsall 1 - 4 LCFC - 67 points

I'm looking forward to Saturday- it will be a real test for us and a win would be excellent.

Against a team that lost 5-0 at Hereford last month? :unsure:

That shows what poor travellers they are.

We'll be up for this one after last week's aberration. May have to Sky+ this game.

Against a team that lost 5-0 at Hereford last month? :unsure:

That shows what poor travellers they are.

We'll be up for this one after last week's aberration. May have to Sky+ this game.

I know they lost 5-0 to Hereford, but Oldham will be up for this one, away at the leaders and on Sky too.

If we play to our capabilities we should collect all three points.

Just got back. Great to score four goals.

Walsall didn't turn up first 60 minutes and by then it was game over.

Really don't think weve got out of our stride yet either, especially not tonight.

Total cruising it till a short 15 min period.

Andy King's goal was special, Cleverley's well taken. Loved his celebration down by us.

Off work so why not :D

Yeah yeah!

After the way Walsall apparently took Leeds apart on Saturday, I must admit I was a bit concerned prior to the game. 4-1? Oh yes.

I was planning on going to this as well, but the weather conditions and my shit car probably would have resulted in disaster. Ah well, at least I'm warm. :cool: Well done to all those went tonight, quality stuff. :thumbup:

Just got back home, decent performance, although seemed to sit back a bit towards the end. It was the single most quiet home support i have ever heard/seen. We must've outnumbered them? The songs towards their goalkeeper Ince put a smile on my face. Did anyone else see his little dance? Cleverley MOTM, although Howard wasnt far behind. Well done the boys, although still bloody freezing!

Yeah yeah!

After the way Walsall apparently took Leeds apart on Saturday, I must admit I was a bit concerned prior to the game. 4-1? Oh yes.

I was planning on going to this as well, but the weather conditions and my shit car probably would have resulted in disaster. Ah well, at least I'm warm. :cool: Well done to all those went tonight, quality stuff. :thumbup:

Yes you were :angry:

I wonder what your mate Beaumont Fox thought of it all Dags? :whistle::P

I could have introduced him to her.

Today was great. This league's too shit for us....

Had a real good laugh tonight, most fun I've had at a football match in a while. Thought we played some superb stuff, though they were awful. Apart from snowballing the stewards at the end and the Ince/Bradley songs the best part of the night for me was Howard's ball through for King's goal. Hope it looks as good on TV as it did from where I was standing.

Make no bones about it - Walsall were dreadful.

Maybe they were tonight, but was that because City were pure class?

Don't forget, Walsall beat The Mighty Leeds last Saturday.

Cleverley MOM. Big Nige is a shrewd cookie, I reckon he knew would lose Mark Davies & that's why he brought in Cleverley?

Don't know who it is at City, but someone has got a bloody good eye for a young class player.

Marvellous night.

Team and fans were terrific and even the stewards joined in by taking a few well aimed snowballs in good humour.

In one of their best hour's of football this season City scored some super goals.

First Matty Fryatt glanced in a header from Oakley's corner and made the third to remind his former fans what they're missing. A blistering volley not long afterwards might have produced a memorable second but it went wide.

Then came another contribution to Kingy's scrapbook of magic goals with the coolest tee up and half volley you'll ever see - and the inevitable finish in the corner of the net.

Goal three was a multi-pass classic with King at its heart with a calmly picked out pass within a mellee of players which eventually left Cleverley with his first goal for the club and a moment to savour for his lifetime.

Finally the irrepressible Steve Howard continued his run of scoring form with an individual thunderbolt from an acute angle on the right. It seemed the chance had gone but somehow he adjusted his aim, kept his shot down and found the power to beat the fast recovering defence.

Walsall's crowd weren't in it to begin with and as City's football started to flow it only got worse for them. "Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio" is a familiar mocking 10 or 15 minutes from time but Walsall's fans started leaving in quite significant numbers when City's fourth went in around the hour mark!

"We're top of the League and we're having a laugh"was only emphasised with the follow up .... "shall we score a goal for you," and the inevitable "We'd forgotten you were here" response when Walsall scored their consolation and their fans finally betrayed their presence.

Such was the absence of Walsall fans that the two sections of City fans actually teaased each other with chants of Who Are You, Who Are You...it all turned into something of a carnival in the end.

Some great performances. Howard again got a goal and gave the impression he'd take the world on his shoulders for the team if he had too.

The running off Howard was excellent with Cleverley giving the sort of livewire display that suggests he's every bit as good as the departed Davies. A goal and endless contributions perhaps earned him MoM for me although I've given both he and howard the same mark in my ratings.

Then there was Kingy with his goal, his cool pass to Fryatt who then set up Cleverley's goal, and his very near miss alongside his regular contribution in linking our various parts together and offering insurance to the risk takers.

And there were other decent contributions too until the boss started ringing the changes during the last half-hour and I was left a bit shocked at how suddenly the smooth-running of our so-familiar team became shoddy.

There was a first appearance from the bench for new centre-back Brown and he looked alright. But Berner and Dickov seemed strangely out of place and, when we might have expected a flourish the finale was a distinct anti-climax apart from the fans.

Another game unbeaten though, another three points and another wave to the increasingly distant chasing pack.

Congratulations to Walsall's staff for working so hard to get the game on and present a pitch that was a credit to them.

Stewards and police were helpful, good natured and not the least bit bolshy and finally there was the snowball fight, first between the two blocks of City fans and then with the stewards as the focus to round it all off. Altogether a night to remember for nothing but the right sort of reasons.

Great result in front of a good following.

Howard and Cleverly where my MOTM's. Howard was at the heart of everything. Won everything in the air, played numerous of neat through balls and generally looking like a class act. Cleverly looks like a really good young play with bags of energy and a cool head on him.

For want of a better word, we absolutely 'dicked' on Walsall tonight. We made it look soo easy, perhaps becuase it was. Far too good for this league.

Banter with Clayton Ince was classic, he loved it.

Oh and the snowballs throwing was quality, especially when the stewards came in and tried to break it up and just got pounded and gradally retreated lol

Easy win for us. Well worth braving the cold for. Far too good for this division.

Enjoyed Cleverleys goal, nice football.

Other highlights:

- Clayton Ince songs (Top bloke for clapping us and shaking his ass too)

-Howard almost killing a poor woman in the stand with his shot before the game (right in the mush)

-Briefly met Craig, Fez, Lisa and LD3, I was looking out for Danny Baker also. Must have missed him. :)

Archived