Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Walsall 1 - 4 LCFC - 67 points

It's really nice to see and read so many positive comments from the Walsall fans. It makes for a nice change when you compare their standard of writing and their intelligence to that of Leeds fans on WACCOE. Fair play to them and obviously they do have a healthy sense of humour, too (chant-wise).

Congratulations again to all the Leicester fans who made it to Walsall - was it really 2'000 away fans yesterday (I heard Stringer say something like that on the radio during the match)? That's like one third of the total audience...! :appl:

It was a quality evening. Everything about it was top class. Cleverly was brilliant. Very good support too and the snow ball fight was very entertaining. Its a shame we didnt have Gradel on the bench as he could do with a run out and against poor opposition like that he might of got a bit of confidence back. Ah well

Blue Army!

Finally spotted a FTer too. Thracian was sat near me! Theres only one Andy King. :D

"warm up! if you love leicester warm up!"

I think my feet have JUST about thawed, i would like to congratulate every City fan that went to the game last night, Cracking support, Witty songs, Everyone got involved (thought the dude who took his shirt off needs a meeting with the white coat men :giggle: ) and all credit to the Walsall fans and stweards/police who were good humoured and decent.

Some of the banter with Incey was fantastic :thumbup:

Snowball Fight at the end was class, (anyone get a video? :P).

Walsall were poor, and there is no getting around that, and i will admit after tonights performance (for me the best of the season) that we are too good for this league.

MOTM was Cleaverly but ratings wise no-one was below a 7 for me, we look settled and a unit.

Howard killing the poor woman with his shot, was a highlight (paramedics couldnt give a crap though, which was annoying)

Need to take some chants we made up and take them to the walkers, some were class :chant:

Fantatic night :cheers:

Up the City!

On 20 League goals for the season now - first City player to reach that mark since Dickov.

Nice touch by Pearson to mark the feat by bringing Dickov on.

But next time, give Gradel or Chambers a go on the bench.

Didn't Dickov only get 17 league goals in the 2002/03 season? I'm pretty sure the last player to score 20+ league goals for us was years and years ago. Probably Lineker!

Cracking evening. It didn't feel that cold until the snowballs began. We totally dominated and it was lovely to see, would agree about Dickov who should never have been allowed to come back in the first place. Cleverleys goal was smashing.

Loving the banter with the legend that is Clayton Ince, he clearly wanted us to win in the end :P Funniest moment for me was when we started chanting 'Come on Walsall' brilliant! I disagree with people who want the season out of the way, I'm loving this season I don't want it to end!

Still yet to meet Nathan though :angry:

Cracking evening. It didn't feel that cold until the snowballs began. We totally dominated and it was lovely to see, would agree about Dickov who should never have been allowed to come back in the first place. Cleverleys goal was smashing.

Loving the banter with the legend that is Clayton Ince, he clearly wanted us to win in the end :P Funniest moment for me was when we started chanting 'Come on Walsall' brilliant! I disagree with people who want the season out of the way, I'm loving this season I don't want it to end!

If everything goes to plan, we'll look back on this season with a lot of affection. I've thoroughly enjoyed it- new grounds, new teams, good football, positivity.

I'll certainly remember 2008/2009- the year the pride was put back in the football club and it was good to support again :scarf:

Congratulations again to all the Leicester fans who made it to Walsall - was it really 2'000 away fans yesterday (I heard Stringer say something like that on the radio during the match)? That's like one third of the total audience...! :appl:

We sold the original 1693 tickets for the stand behind the goal and we had at least 500-600 people in the other 'pay on the gate' stand.

I reckon it was more than 2,000 (unless the tax man asks)...

if anybody is bored go to moocap.com/forums, i like going on there after a match and reading the match report, its always the same with them, ' i think leicester might lose today, the opoosition are on form' 20 mins later, 'leicester 8-0 up, i guess we will have to settle for second' 'they really are a class us above us' and there is even one comment in there saying with our form, wed give man u a run for their money.

huddersfield was funny, they were getting very excited both times huddersfield went in front and then we smashed them! ha ha ha

ha

We sold the original 1693 tickets for the stand behind the goal and we had at least 500-600 people in the other 'pay on the gate' stand.

I reckon it was more than 2,000 (unless the tax man asks)...

1998 to be exact! see the lcfcs website!

City: Martin, Gilbert, Morrison, Hobbs, Mattock, Oakley, Cleverley, King, Dyer, Howard, Fryatt (Dickov 57).

Subs not used: Hayles, Berner, Pentney, Brown.

Yellow: none

Saddlers: Ince, Palmer, Boertien, Weston, Gerrard, Taundry (Bradley 69), Zaaboub, Nicholls (Williams 50), Deeney, Ibehre, Mattis.

Subs not used: Gilmartin, Sansara, Smith, Bradley.

Att: 5,634 (away 1,998)

I agree Katy, I love this season.

Now... Did I see you last night? Were you in a hat next to the Kiosk, I was standing right next to you (If it was you)

I didn't want to look a right tit and say hello just in case because I wasn't 100%.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Now... Did I see you last night? Were you in a hat next to the Kiosk, I was standing right next to you (If it was you)

I didn't want to look a right tit and say hello just in case because I wasn't 100%.

No hat for me I'm afraid. If you were talking to Fez etc at half time then I was two rows behind and to the left of the goal because we could see Fez and Daggers from where we were standing. If stoopid Syston Fox had let me go and say hello to them at half time then I would have met you. Ah well, I shall have to tick you off my list another time :D

Will you be at Hartlepool, Bristol or the Dons Nath?

If you are I'll look out for you and say hello :thumbup:

A snowball fight among the Blue Army at the end of Leicester City's thumping victory just about summed up the joyous mood at Walsall last night.

There was certainly plenty of the white stuff to fling about which was a testament to the work of the ground staff at the West Midlands club in clearing the snow off the pitch and the terraces.

Hats off to them - and it was just a shame that one of the club stewards had his hat knocked off by a rogue snowball during the melee. It was only friendly fire - and he took it in the right spirit.

All day yesterday, there was more talk about the weather than whether City were going to prevail against a team who twice led them at the Walkers Stadium in an encounter earlier in the season.

By the time the Blue Army set off on the M6, they had studied more weather reports than your average meteorologist. Walsall were insisting the game would be on - and they had put in the spadework to ensure it did go ahead.

It was a little tricky on the paths leading to the Banks's Stadium, and some of the footwork would have led to instant eviction from Dancing On Ice, but, once inside the Homeserve Stand, the pitch looked fine and the frost covers had done their job.

And the turn-out from City was mightily impressive -just two short of 2,000 out of a gate of 5,634 - and they were soon singing the name of Matty Fryatt as the striker swept the Foxes into the lead.

Fryatt certainly knows where the net is - and he should do at Walsall after scoring 41 goals in one season for the Saddlers before his move to City, where his tally this term is now up to 25.

"One-nil in your cup final," sang the Blue Army to the home fans and that quickly changed to two-nil as Andy King scored City's second.

The action warmed up the fans and it was difficult to complain about the cold after a shirtless Lee Jobber walked in front of the away end.

It was difficult to see much of the action at the other end of the stadium from a tight vantage point, partially obscured by a pillar. In fact, the City fans did not seem too impressed with the place. "It's a newish place and yet it's better at Anstey Nomads," suggested one fan.

No-one, though, missed the outstanding Tom Cleverley scoring a masterly third goal just after the break and he raced over to the corner flag to be mobbed by his team-mates as a number of City fans stretched over the wall to add their congratulations.

They chorused the home fans with the cry of "Why don't you go home?" and, when Steve Howard made it 4-0, the City fans were in dreamland. "Let's have 10!" was the most over-the-top reaction from one fan. His mate had a bit more sense: "Five will do."

City also had the luxury of being able to replace Fryatt and he received a good reception, most notably from the home fans in the main stand who remember his goal-scoring exploits.

Walsall responded to the threat of being humiliated by making a decent fist of the closing stages and Dwayne Mattis pulled a goal back.

It was a good finish and City's fans urged Nigel Pearson to "sign him up".

They also found a new terrace hero in Walsall substitute Mark Bradley. His name was shouted in various songs throughout the closing minutes - but it was bemusing why he was picked out for such praise. Just a bit of fun among a happy bunch of fans and, at least, he will be able to tell his mates that something good came out of the game.

At the whistle, the City players received an arms-aloft appreciation from the Blue Army which cued the snowball fight between fans in the Homeserve Stand and other City followers in the stand to the side. Winter in Walsall - you can't beat it!

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?k...422009295101231

Will you be at Hartlepool, Bristol or the Dons Nath?

If you are I'll look out for you and say hello :thumbup:

I won't be at Hartlepool, don't think the funds can stretch that far. Bristol I could be and MK is a certain.

Be good to meet you mate.

I am going to have all you FT's ticked off on my list.

:thumbup:

I won't be at Hartlepool, don't think the funds can stretch that far. Bristol I could be and MK is a certain.

Be good to meet you mate.

I am going to have all you FT's ticked off on my list.

:thumbup:

Ok, you'll have to PM me a picture though :thumbup:

1998 to be exact! see the lcfcs website!

City: Martin, Gilbert, Morrison, Hobbs, Mattock, Oakley, Cleverley, King, Dyer, Howard, Fryatt (Dickov 57).

Subs not used: Hayles, Berner, Pentney, Brown.

Saddlers: Ince, Palmer, Boertien, Weston, Gerrard, Taundry (Bradley 69), Zaaboub, Nicholls (Williams 50), Deeney, Ibehre, Mattis.

Subs not used: Gilmartin, Sansara, Smith, Bradley.

Att: 5,634 (away 1,998)

You're missing my point...

How great is it to be a Leicester Fan at the moment!We cleared out a lot of the rubbish, set up a criteria of players we wanted, establish partnerships around the park and mixed youth with experience!

After the past few years of buying in 20 (19 who were rubbish) players a season, how refreshing is it to see a player like Davies being replaced by another talented youngster like Cleverley!In the past few seasons quality and more importantly consistent players have been a rare thing for us.

All we can do is thank Milan for finally getting it right (or getting lucky) on a manager with a footballing brain.

If stoopid Syston Fox had let me go and say hello to them at half time then I would have met you. Ah well, I shall have to tick you off my list another time :D

Erm... excuse me? I moved out the way to let you get through and you wouldn't go!! Was someone just to scared to go on their own and looking for someone to blame? :P

Nearly 2000 attending on Acold bitter Tuesday Night away to Polish capital City of Culture and Art.

Well Done to you all.

You've put the Pride back into City. :scarf:

Stupid cun.ts!!! :thumbup:

:santa:

Foxes are too clever for Walsall

Feb 4 2009 by Brian Halford, Birmingham Mail

IF SATURDAY’S win over Leeds warmed the cockles for Walsall fans, this utterly one-sided contest provided the chilliest of follow-ups.

On a bitterly cold night at The Banks’s Stadium, the Saddlers were outplayed by a Leicester team clearly on a one-season loan to League One.

Last weekend, Walsall muscled and harried Leeds to distraction and defeat. Last night they came up against opposition of higher quality who also happen to be pretty nifty on the muscling and harrying front.

An early goal from former Saddlers striker Matty Fryatt gave Leicester a grip they never relinquished for a moment. Andy King added a second before half-time and when Tom Cleverley and Steve Howard scored early in the second half, a rout beckoned.

The Foxes eased up and when Dwayne Mattis volleyed a 64th-minute consolation goal the Saddlers fans taunted their Leicester counterparts with: “You’re not singing any more.”

The visitors enjoyed the joke. It was all good-natured stuff – yes, losing 4-1 at home isn’t ideal but Leicester belong at a different level.

Against Hartlepool, Carlisle and Colchester in the next ten days Walsall will be back among their peers.

Fryatt required just 12 minutes on his old patch to collect his 25th goal of the season.

When a corner was delivered deep, Jack Hobbs won the first header and Fryatt the second to nod the ball home.

Walsall could not impose themselves against a team which backed up its quality with hard graft. Leicester looked twice the side Leeds were at Bescot last Saturday and created a string of chances.

Clayton Ince bailed out the Saddlers with a brave block when King burst beyond the back line but the midfielder made no mistake next time, teed up by a delicious chip from Howard in the 35th minute.

Walsall’s forward momentum, meanwhile, was nil.

Their central midfield and defenders had their hands too full containing Leicester to think about creating anything for their colleagues. Never mind David Martin, Leicester could have had his dad Alvin in goal in the first half, so little were they pressed.

Two minutes after the break Walsall’s defence was shredded as Fryatt sent Cleverley through to beat the hopelessly exposed Ince.

After Howard then beat Ince at the second attempt Fryatt, his job done, was brought off to a warm reception from all sides of the ground. Ah yes, Fryatt. With Dan Fox and Scott Dann in the crowd last night, it was tempting for the more quixotic Saddlers followers to ponder what might happen in a parallel universe where the club did not have to sell all its best players.

WALSALL (4-4-2): Ince 6; Palmer 6, Weston 6, Gerrard 6, Boertien 6; Nicholls 5 (Williams 51), Mattis 6, Taundry 6 (Bradley 70 6), ZAABOUB 6; Ibehre 5, Deeney 5. Subs: Gilmartin, Smith, Sansara.

LEICESTER (4-4-2): Martin; Gilbert (Brown 75), Hobbs, Morrison, Mattock; Oakley, Cleverley, King, Dyer (Berner 75); Fryatt (Dickov 58), Howard. Subs; Pentney, Hayles.

Referee: Kevin Stroud (Hampshire).

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-s...97319-22851176/

Walsall were one of the worst teams I have ever seen us play against. Whether they were tired from beating Leeds or just to cold to run around, I don't know. That shouldn't discredit our performance though because for the first hour or so it really was top class stuff.

Cleverly was inspirational coming in from the right flank, like Oakley was when he first moved out there. Glad to see he got the goal that his performance deserved. Seemed to enjoy it as well.

King and Oakley moved the ball well at a good tempo and were at the heart of almost all our moves. King's goal was vintage as well, good finish after what was a superb assist from Howard.

Hobbs and Morrison looked solid again, Hobbs probably just being the better player. He has really come on a lot recently after a shaky spell at right back. Would be really interested to see if we can keep him.

Howard was sensational, again. Hold up play was second to none, the way he brings the likes of Fryatt, Cleverly, King and Oakley into the game is paramount to our success. Worked hard for his goal, first time I've seen him score since Oldham!

As other people have said, the tempo died when we started changing the team about, Dickov most notably. I really see no reason for him to be around, which is exactly what I said when he signed. Would have much rather seen Hayles come on and at least try, maybe even Gradel (was he on the bench?) and go 4-5-1.

Very enjoyable away day, as always.

Archived