Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Oldham Post Match

Weren't a particularly good performance today, lack creativity didn't create much and it got worse when they went down to ten, we lost focus and was rushing far to much needed to be more patient.... it was heroic stuff from Oldham and they certainly deserved the point, we move on and continue to push for promotion, i'm sure we will be back on the winning trail come the next game...

ps BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and top of the league we re avin a laff

You complete and utter tit!

The boo boys drive me mad, not a brain cell between them. It was a shit performance, no doubt about that, but a look at the bigger picture should allow the team an off day, they havent had many to be fair.

Fryatt was poor yes, but 25 goals so far this season speaks for itself. We WILL bounce back and maybe it's a wake up call that we needed to keep us focussed.

Being angry is fine, i'm angry at the performance but to make sweeping statements about the players being fooking useless etc is contemptible. You need to get some perspective, if you even know what that means.

Have a word. Muppet.

Very frustrating to draw and almost lose a game we clearly should have won.

1. First of all, well done Oldham. They fully deserved their point, and ultimately I think their players wanted it much more than ours today. You could see the work rate put in by everybody in their side and credit to them that they almost snatched a win with 10 men and a striker in goal.

2. Dean Windass. What can you say? Fair play to him, he made two good saves to deny Fryatt and King. To get through 40 minutes in goal as a striker against the league leaders away from home is admirable.

3. So why didn't we take advantage of him? We ended up with two shots at him, and one was a free-kick. We persistently continued to play down the left despite the fact it was clear Mattock and Dyer were getting nowhere. This wasn't good enough in my opinion.

4. Matty Fryatt. One to forget today Matty. The penalty was awful, and I don't care what people say, missing a penalty is criminal in any game, especially considering it was Dean ****ing Windass in goal.

Overall I'm disappointed and frsutrated we didn't take the great opportunity of 40 minutes with a man extra and a forward in goal to win this game. Oldham looked very good for their point, and in the end could have won it with at least two very good opportunities. Hopefully this gives us a little wake-up call that it won't all be plain sailing from here.

At the start, I would have took a draw I reckon. We've got ourselves into a position where we don't have to beat these kind of teams. But when you have a penalty that doesn't even end up on target, and a 39 year old chubby striker in goal, you should be taking 3 points lol

Fair play to Windass though, he played well bless him. He was actually better than Clayton Ince! And Oldham could have easily nicked it in the end. I'm not too displeased with a point.

Their keeper has took one for the team and in the end got them a point in my book. Obviously he didn't know that at the time but still :P

And finally, i'm actually ashamed that people are booing when we are 11 points clear at the top. Everyone that booed has just made our fans look like right twats on Sky TV.

Very very frustrating, the sending off turned out to be the worst thing that could of happened to us. We couldn't string a pass together never mind test Windass!

...but a point before the game wouldn't of been the end of the world.

Let's make up for it next week against Swindon :)

Just got back...and still thawing out.

Main problem today, for me, was the lack of fight in the centre of midfield. I know King and Oakley can go missing for large parts of the game, but neither really showed up at all today. Very disappointed to say the least. Fryatt should have at least got the pen on target, but he had a bad one, but dont forget that if the keeper hadn't chopped him down he would have scored. (Plus I thought Windass should have been booked for the rediculous amount of time he spent getting 'prepared' for the penalty!)

I did feel that Pearson should have changed thisngs around a bit after their keeper went off, but 11 points clear at the top on a 17 game unberaten run means that I think I trust pearson to know what he's doing.

Also just to reiterate what's been said already, will the BOO boys please fook off! do you not realise that the negativity transmits itself onto the pitch which does not help at all!

One to forget... Bring on Swindon!

Mixed feelings really.

Of course I'm disappointed not to have taken the points. They were there for the taking, what with a 39 year old striker in their goal. We never really tested him though, and the penalty miss....well...Fryatt should be at least hitting the target, and chances are if he does it'll go in. Frustrating that we never really got the ball down and played it, didn't really stretch Oldham and didn't create the chances.

However, we're now 11 points clear...and again the reaction of some of the fans in the kop was shocking. Frustrating yes, but don't boo the players. Some of our fans are right tossers. We can't win every game and a lot of people don't seem to understand that.

Once again, 11 points clear.

That's ELEVEN points clear.

whos **** fickle im pissed off at what i just witnessed we were shit against oldham at their ground and even worse today,ive never seen a worse leicester performance that what i just seen so fook the fook off and let me be very angry at it!

you didn't go to any game last year then :thumbup:

This what happens when the media and lots of fans think the leagues already won, you lose your focus, rhythm and inner motivation.

Exactly I keep on saying this will turn out to be a positive. Wake up call to the team. Im sure pearson will be most upset as he seems to instill that the league is not won in to the squad.

Look at me im at it now, im talking as if we lost. So much negativity on this board. Still unbeaten ffs, top of the league and gained a point.

This what happens when the media and lots of fans think the leagues already won, you lose your focus, rhythm and inner motivation.

Agreed. I've been as guilty as anyone of getting carried away. Thankfully if there's one man who hasn't been swept along with all the hype it's NP. He will have made his feelings perfectly clear after the match i'm sure and we will see a vast improvement against Swindon.

It was a wake up call, simple as, credit to Oldham who were excellent, but we are a hell of a lot better than that and this kick up the arse should serve us well.

I'm very disappointed that we didn't capitalise when they went down to 10 men... and Windass in goal should have been incentive enough to have a go at them more... however, it was a good performance in that we got forward and tried to win... it's not their fault that Oldham just literally sat in their defensive area when we got near... there were some right goalmouth scraps! lol

But look at it this way, they had their chances too and I think Martin was very good in goal today, looked secure at the back even though he was rarely called upon... could have led to him switching off but no, he was good throughout and saved us from losing the game. :thumbup:

So all in all, we gained another point towards promotion and have managed to hold off, even though we perhaps could or should have beaten, Oldham who are in the top 6 and a very good team on their day...

Bring on Swindon!!! :D

We were unlucky to not get a goal in the first half from Howard and Cleverly did all he could when through. The half had been very even and we perhaps would have dominated had we scored. The incident blew the game and city were not able to do anything about it. The midfield was the difference - they were stronger and physical and we did not have anybody like that.

I was pleased with the point and no injuries or bookings. All our players will figure in the next match.

Fair play to Windass, he psyched Fryatt out at the penalty. If that had gone in we would won by 2 or 3. Fryatt misses and they have something to hold onto.

Good away performance by Oldham, it was just one of those days for us.

Far too much hoof ball going on aswell today. The back 4 just booted it up field practically everytime they got it. It was sort of like last year instead of giving it to a midfielder to spread it about.

I'm sure Pearson's given them what for anyway. I'm sure it's just a one off.

Some credit has to be given to Oldham. Very much like Millwall. We don't do these teams too well and to some extent backed out of it today. At least they didn't nick a goal, which happened against Millwall of course. We could do with their no.18, apart from his ludicrous dives, he looks a player to me.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, draw against all the teams around us, they'll never catch us. No chance.

Very disappointing game.

Especially when you consider Dean Windass was in goal for them for pretty much the whole second half, i cant really remember any shots at him at all. I actually thought they should have had a penalty as well. Dont know if many people will agree with me on that but from where i was sitting which was directly in line with the "claim" they had it looked a clear pen to me. All credit to Martin as well today did a couple of decent saves to stop them in the second half. Thought Cleverley and Gilbert were very poor. All in all very frustrating.

I also thought morrison and hobb's did well against an experienced strike force. We really need to try and get hobbs in on a permanent.

King and Oakley were very quiet today. I think oakley's confidence was a little shot after two poor corner kicks.

Also didn't know Oakley had such a long throw.

Oldham IMO were a better team than us on the day, definately deserved their draw and were unlucky not to win it. They kept men forward almost at all times and continued attacking despite the sending off.

Cant believe they didn't score the free header towards the end, it went straight at Martin.

Please dont tell me Steve Howard was instrumental and fantastic as you all say, he was fooking shit today, and anyone who doesn't think so is a blind imbiscle. He barely won any headers, he just didn't seem to be jumping. Was out of postion on crucial occasions, and offside at a critical point towards the end of the game.

Hideous he was, and so was Fryatt, he hasn't played well since he got his new contract, and not just because he missed the penalty, he was not involved and useless all game.

Praise to Gilbert, thats his best performance in a city shirt IMO, he was cool, pacy, nice passes, neat and tidy.

Overall it was a very sloppy performance especially from the Midfield and Attack.

But fair play to Dean Windass in goal, and to Oldham, who were simply a better side on the day.

We are well clear at the top of the league, but we look nothing special, infact very average, for most of home games this season.

If the Walsall performance was hot and spicy this was as cold as the ice and snow, i will say it again, we simply need to recall Dj Campbell for another option.

Fryatt, Howard and Dyer were all extremely poor, if i was the manager i would recall Dj (IF ITS POSSIBLE) and start DJ, Chambers, and Gradel next game.

If anyone says Howard was instrumental just fook right off.

The blame for the defeat has to lie with Fryatt though, who did extremely well to win the penalty, but with a striker in goal, just needed to get it on target and it probably would have gone in, to put it wide was unforgivible and had the penalty gone in i think we would have won 2-0 or 3-0.

Howard did well in creating his chance 1st half and was unlucky to hit the post the way he did, but as far as im concerned, he Fryatt and the midfield were absolutely awful today.

Another point in the bag at least, we could have lost it at the end.

Archived