Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Oldham Post Match

bad day at the office....it happens for gods sake!!!! we'll probably win the next game 4-0 :whistle::whistle::whistle: FFS stop whinging and get behind your team. If someone would have offered 11 points clear by february, at the start of the season most would have snapped there hands off :chant::chant::chant:

bad day at the office....it happens for gods sake!!!! we'll probably win the next game 4-0 :whistle::whistle::whistle: FFS stop whinging and get behind your team. If someone would have offered 11 points clear by february, at the start of the season most would have snapped there hands off :chant::chant::chant:

Well said! :appl:

Your all blind idiots on here its unbelieveable.

What did Gilbert do wrong today?

What did Howard and Fryatt do right?

Your total fools!

You clearly were too drunk to watch the game properly!

Unbelieveable, idiots.

I'd wage Gilbert only made 20% of passes complete today. His awareness is all over the place too and always as been a problem with him since he joined.

Howard hit the post! Fryatt missed a peno and had a goal ruled out for offside (which IMO if you are claiming the daylight thing, should have stood).

Fryatt's dragging us out of the crap on at least three occasions this season and Howard over the past few games as been our pivotal player. His presence and personality make the team's spirit.

Today, we suffered from having a lot of naive, young lads out there who came up against a side whose tactics were superior and had experience in every department of the pitch. Hughes (as much as don't want to say it was superb), ran for everything. Oldham deserve some credit, we deserve some criticism. I said before the MK Dons game and the Swindon game that the side is young! And still learning bar Oakley and Howard none of them have won anything of merit. Oldham's team had more medals than ours!!

This club will always live with his unwarranted expetance. Until it's gone, we'll never progress from a struggling second tier side.

We were bad today but some people are over reacting it is a draw against a team going for promotion. We had the chances to win but we didnt take themso its our own fault we didnt win. Hopefully it wont be a bad point as long as Milwall dont win on monday as i think they will be our main contenders. Back to winning ways next saturday and today will be forgotten !

Your total fools!

Unbelieveable, idiots.

is that meant to be ironic? :rolleyes:

gilbert was poor. i'll tell you what he did wrong - he couldn't cross a ball high enough for anyone taller than 2 feet. we were poor. but oldham came tonight and played anti-football. every 'opportunity' they had was due to a mistake of ours, and quite simply we just couldn't get the one goal we needed. it's frustrating but we're 11 points clear and we should move on. it was always going to be difficult.

the doom-mongers should just fook off. there hasn't been a football team in the history of the game that hasn't had the odd bad day at the office. and that's what it was - if you think we have endemic problems you really need to look at the table to see we don't. yes the standard of this league is very bad but i'm confident we're going up.

howard should have taken the pen

Why? Fryatt's netted everyone he's had this season.

He was clearly affected by Windass chatter. But that's happened to all greats, including our own Muzzy Izzet who after waiting five minutes to take a penalty against Man City had it saved and then one at Old Trafford thanks to that nob Barthez.

fryatt has turned into a grredy player as he sems to want to shoot every chance he gets.

he never wants to pass and howard should have taken the pen

Could have something to do with the 25 goals he's scored so far? :dunno:

The best strikers are naturally greedy, sometimes it comes off, sometimes it doesnt.

Why? Fryatt's netted everyone he's had this season.

He was clearly affected by Windass chatter. But that's happened to all greats, including our own Muzzy Izzet who after waiting five minutes to take a penalty against Man City had it saved and then one at Old Trafford thanks to that nob Barthez.

Sorry to be petty, but Fryatt missed one earlier in the season in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

Also, Muzzy Izzet didn't take the penalty against Man City - it was Dickov (ironically that was the first penalty he missed). You are right about Izzet missing at Old Trafford though.

As for today, it was hugely frustrating. Fryatt had a mare and we didn't test Windass anywhere near enough. But Oldham were strong (they won every 50-50 and every second ball) and well organised, and we played into their hands by hoofing it every time. Our midfield was non-existant and completely overrun at times, and to be honest Oldham could and possibly should have nicked it at the end.

We're still unbeaten and 11 points clear, so there's no need to panic even though it was a disappointing result and performance.

then your a fooking blind **** then.

That post is a true reflection on the game today, and you must be blind, or not at the game if you dont agree.

**nt

So you think the midfield and attack played well, Oldham didn't derserve anything, Howard, Dyer and Fryatt played well :crylaugh:

Fook off

How on earth can you think that its acceptable to go around calling people ****s because they disagree with you?

How on earth can you think that its acceptable to go around calling people ****s because they disagree with you?

Maddog's a very affable chap don't you know :D

Your total fools!

Unbelieveable, idiots.

'kin 'ell you're being a bit positive aren't you :P ?

Boo Boys... fook Off.

Moaners... fook Off.

What is it with some of our (so called) fans. Get behind the team for fook sake. I could understand it if we were nowhere near the top of the league and struggling but we are not. It was just a bad day, I take my hat off to Oldham for digging deep and battling with 10 men.

Everyone is right to voice their opinion but you must be totally deluded if you think we are like fooking machines (apart from Tunch) and we are going to walk every game.

Get behind the lads and Nigel and lets play our part in making sure we get back into the championship.

I just can't understand booing a team that is top of the league and top by a distance.

fooking morons.

It was just a bad day at the office, but as usual the knobs that boo were out in force. The people that come on cheap ticket days and then absolutely slate it is unbelievable. I know it was bad, but it's just one of those things. We will forget all about it next week.

What a piss-poor television advertsiement for our club and our team.

I can assure everyone that the before and after sessions in the Swan were far better entertainment and served to save the day. Thanks to one and all.

Yes, we missed a penalty, hit a post, had a goal disallowed and were foiled on one particular occasion by Dean Windass but

for an hour we were mostly neutralised with ease and last half-hour we never showed any authority even against 10 men.

That was the hardest game yet to pick a Man of the Match because there wasn't one - at least in the outfield. The team deserves a little credit for maintaining another clean sheet but my choice went to goalkeeper Martin for saving a header late on that should have won the match for Oldham and for the rest of a generally capable display.

For me we never looked fully committed to winning, just as was the case against Brighton and Pearson is no Ferguson when it comes to increasing our commitment to attack if necessary.

Gradel almost fashioned a goal from his first run as a substitute but even he got no proper service cos we looked lethargic, lacking in pace, less than alert and altogether disappointing. Why we didn't keep two wingers on I don't know. Taking Dyer off only meant we replaced like with like instead of really trying to stretch Oldham.

Some credit should go to Oldham for their dour but effective strangling of the game but Fryatt's failing to hit the target from his spot kick really was unprofessional and our team's inability to test whether Windass really was a shot stopper to match Shay Given was testimony to our half-hearted approach.

My youngest was grateful the game only cost him a fiver to watch though personally I saw that as £4 too much. Beyond that the game is hardly worthy of analysis. I prefer to remember the day for the company. There are people on here I never knew could be so amusing. Lousy game but top marks for the rest. :thumbup:

Another point gained and the unbeaten run preserved. Fair enough in my eyes considering we ran up against a pretty combative and efficient Oldham side. If Taylor hadn't laid on the theatrics in the first half, he probably wouldn't have won that penalty in the second.

I think a few of the younger players exposed a lack of composure after the sending off, but in the entire history of professional football, that sort of performance against 10 men is hardly unknown.

I can't do anything for the haters on the forum and their hysterical over-reaction to dropping two points. Do a Joe Kinnear; see if I care.

Moving slightly up the food chain, those grumbling about us already looking rather exposed in terms of the rigours Championship football will probably not have stopped to think that these thoughts are not a millions miles away from those of NP either. It's pretty obvious who's likely to cut it in the Championship - I would imagine there will be wholesale changes over the summer and I don't think that autopromotion will hide this fact.

Yes, it's another point gained and another game unbeaten.

But yet again, for the THIRD time already this year, we failed to break down a massed visiting defence.

Anyone watching on Sky must wonder how pisspoor this league is if we're leading it by eleven points.

Because, whatever the happy-clappers may say to the contrary, it's an appalling state of affairs when we fail to score despite playing against a makeshift goalkeeper for forty minutes.

With so many youngsters in the side, the onus was on the senior players to provide leadership in difficult situations.

And, as so often was the case last season, Oakley and Howard were found wanting.

The points dropped may indeed be of little consequence come the end of the season.

But the poor performance hints at more difficult times ahead in the Championship. :(:(

Archived