Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ikon_Klow

Pearson to Boro

Morning all

My dad has just runined my morning by telling me that he has heard this morning that Boro are about to sack Southgate and look towards Pearson as

his replacement.

I hope that it is just a load of bollocks.

Anyone else heard anything like this?

Morning all

My dad has just runined my morning by telling me that he has heard this morning that Boro are about to sack Southgate and look towards Pearson as

his replacement.

I hope that it is just a load of bollocks.

Anyone else heard anything like this?

Curbishley, Bothroyd and countless other more experienced managers out of work currently, plus a few in the championship that would be higher targets, if they sack him during the season they won't go for someone like Pearson

Let's hope the domebrain fecking morons who boo the team after only getting a point don't persuade NP that he's fighting the good fight against idiots that don't understand football and who turn on the manager and team if their pathetic right to victory isn't achieved after every game.

"It's my right to boo, I've paid my money" - feck off and support someone else (sorry for the misuse of the word "support")

Can they afford him?

Gareth Southgate is remaining focused on the task in hand after revealing Middlesbrough are currently £85million in debt.

Boro are struggling in the Premier League, with the club second from bottom in the table and without a win since November.

Southgate has received a strong backing from chairman Steve Gibson since he took over in 2006, and the Boro chief is refusing to buckle under the growing pressure surrounding his position.

He said in The Sun: "I'm thinking about getting our team out and getting the right level of performance from them like we did here [saturday at Manchester City].

"I have a very good relationship with the chairman. Everything about the club is discussed.

"We have a debt of £85million. We know the resources we have and we know the parameters and that makes life difficult.

"We are in a different position now to the last eight or nine years. The chairman knows what he will get from me and that is every hour towards keeping this football club in the Premier League."

Let's hope the domebrain fecking morons who boo the team after only getting a point don't persuade NP that he's fighting the good fight against idiots that don't understand football and who turn on the manager and team if their pathetic right to victory isn't achieved after every game.

"It's my right to boo, I've paid my money" - feck off and support someone else (sorry for the misuse of the word "support")

:appl:

Good post.

Im sure someone will slate you for it in a very witty way tho!!

My dad has just runined my morning by telling me that he has heard this morning that Boro are about to sack Southgate and look towards Pearson as his replacement.

And your friend heard it from the friend of the brother of the woman who cuts the hair of the dog next door and he supports Sunderland so he should know?

No. It's the first I had heard about it.

And your friend heard it from the friend of the brother of the woman who cuts the hair of the dog next door and he supports Sunderland so he should know?

No. It's the first I had heard about it.

Straying to the dark side are we?

I was thinking the exact same thing! How the heck have they amounted so much debt. I can understand some sort of debt but £85mil is just crazy!

Well we're in division three and have £24ish million debt. I'd say we should worry as much if not more than them.

This is bollocks! Boro cannot afford to pay off Southgate and pay off another club for an employed manager. The difference with Megson was that he had a decent track record. Pearson is still relatively inexperienced. I doubt they would go for him even if they could. I do think Boro's time in the Prem is nigh on over.

Well we're in division three and have £24ish million debt. I'd say we should worry as much if not more than them.

But they do have a lot more income than we do. They receive a lot from TV revenue and for being in the Prem League, also taking into account they have been in the league for a number of seasons and they have also had a UEFA cup run in recent years.

I do understand though what you are saying though about having that much debt but you could say its more understandable and expected given our recent downfall.

But they do have a lot more income than we do. They receive a lot from TV revenue and for being in the Prem League, also taking into account they have been in the league for a number of seasons and they have also had a UEFA cup run in recent years.

I do understand though what you are saying though about having that much debt but you could say its more understandable and expected given our recent downfall.

Indeed... but with the amount of income they generate £84m is more than serviceable, IF (and it's a big if) they are in the premier league. If they were to go down it would be a HUGE problem.

Can they afford him?

Gareth Southgate is remaining focused on the task in hand after revealing Middlesbrough are currently £85million in debt.

Boro are struggling in the Premier League, with the club second from bottom in the table and without a win since November.

Southgate has received a strong backing from chairman Steve Gibson since he took over in 2006, and the Boro chief is refusing to buckle under the growing pressure surrounding his position.

He said in The Sun: "I'm thinking about getting our team out and getting the right level of performance from them like we did here [saturday at Manchester City].

"I have a very good relationship with the chairman. Everything about the club is discussed.

"We have a debt of £85million. We know the resources we have and we know the parameters and that makes life difficult.

"We are in a different position now to the last eight or nine years. The chairman knows what he will get from me and that is every hour towards keeping this football club in the Premier League."

Southgate knows what he is doing. That was scare away most people sniffing around his Job

Archived