Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ikon_Klow

Pearson to Boro

I can't believe Pearson isn't seriously been linked with Pompey or Boro.

Southgate got the Boro job from well, doing nothing in management.

Ince got the Blackburn job from winning league 2 mainly as a manager

Adams got the Pompey job from not doing much as a manager

Zola got the West Ham job from nothing as a manager.

And Pearson has guided us to the top of League one, thought hed at least be on the betting list for the Pompey job at maybe 100/1 or summat :P

And he has experience as a manager in the Prem, for a few games :P, but assistant manager at West Brom, Newcastle and England U21.

so what, he's won fook all as a manager, Millwall win their games in hand they'll be just 6 pts behind us and we have to go to their place, its far from settled yet

so what, he's won fook all as a manager, Millwall win their games in hand they'll be just 6 pts behind us and we have to go to their place, its far from settled yet

1-0 Leeds atm

could all change though

must say it is one of the few games I want Leeds to win!

:/

Pretty believable considering he was their ex captain & he is doing very well.

Hope Milan tells them to fuck off if they ever come calling. I would like the think Nige would show us some loyalty...

Me too, but i sometimes wonder if there is such a thing in football anymore? :(

seriously why would pearson leave leicester when we are cruiseing league one, 11 points clear, and risk losing a champions medal when us and boro could be in the same league next season, even no pearson is a good manager he is not ready for the prem yet so if boro go down that road they will get relegated. if i was pearson i would stay because we probabily be in the same league next season and i would rather manige a team what i what i built rather than a team i inherited off southgate. personally i think this rumours bollocks!!

:giggle:

Millwall were never going to win all 4 games in hand IMO, and thats been proved now.

Leeds 2 Millwall 0 :giggle:

All of the managers i quoted have won 'fook all as a manager' except Ince and i hardly think winning League 2 is enough merit to become a Premiership manager.

:giggle:

Millwall were never going to win all 4 games in hand IMO, and thats been proved now.

Leeds 2 Millwall 0 :giggle:

All of the managers i quoted have won 'fook all as a manager' except Ince and i hardly think winning League 2 is enough merit to become a Premiership manager.

Agreed, I doubt the Middlesborough fans would be happy if they got rid of Southgate and got Pearson in instead....it's a non brainer!!!

And Pearson has guided us to the top of League one, thought hed at least be on the betting list for the Pompey job at maybe 100/1 or summat :P

And he has experience as a manager in the Prem, for a few games :P, but assistant manager at West Brom, Newcastle and England U21.

Maddog, that is actually a sensible post :o:D

Agreed, I doubt the Middlesborough fans would be happy if they got rid of Southgate and got Pearson in instead....it's a non brainer!!!

Indeed - the history of the Premier league is littered with managers who have done well in the lower leagues but never quite reached top flight standards.

Peter Taylor is a prime example.

Indeed - the history of the Premier league is littered with managers who have done well in the lower leagues but never quite reached top flight standards.

Peter Taylor is a prime example.

Well of course it is, it's also littered with every other variety of failure.

Where do you think successful managers should start then?

Ince, Adams, Southgate and Zola were all much bigger players in their day than Pearson. It shouldn't count for much but it does. Have you never played Football Manager and set your previous experience to international footballer to get the better jobs? :thumbup:

Archived