Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Neil_LCFC

Lowest home league crowd

Of the season last night down to a few factors I imagine - Stockport not bringing many/weather /errr run of draws/people thinking we are already up/no one has any money as they are all out of work ! It must be a combination of them all as I thought we would be getting more being well clear.

If we go up & struggle next year then crowds will be interesting as people just don't have the same kind of spare cash as 2 years ago when we would have last been in the championship it seems to be happening to lots of clubs at the minute. Wolves & Birmingham only manage to get around 20k trying to get into the Premiership 5 years ago they would be getting 27k.

that was our last home mid-week league game. crap attendance but probably will end up being our lowest of the season. not too bad considering the circumstances. league attendances in the prem will really take a dive next year. some will kill for 16000 for a shite mid-week game next season.

I live close to Tranmere Rovers who have one fit senior striker at the club (plus an 18-year old rookie). They can't get any loan signings in unless Home Attendances climb back above 5,000. There are many other clubs in this league in a similar position. 16,000 for a Tuesday night game is exceptionally good by league 1 standards!

Simon

Theres enough negativity at the moment regarding the style of play on the pitch and lack of wins.

I dont think anyone can lay critisism for the fans Off the pitch.

Taking into account the financial outlay of the 65,000 City fans who went to MKD and another Sat home game this weekend,it being a midweek game in the shity weather,i think the attendance was very respectable. :thumbup:

Theres enough negativity at the moment regarding the style of play on the pitch and lack of wins.

Taking into account the financial outlay of the 65,000 City fans who went to MKD and another Sat home game this weekend,it being a midweek game in the shity weather,i think the attendance was very respectable. :thumbup:

Indeed!! :thumbup:

I thought MK didn't make it past season ticket holders. So surely 95% of them lads would have been there anyway?

But anyway stiill, I don't think the attendance is half bad. I seem to remember some 15,000s when we were in the premiership at the start of this century.

I live close to Tranmere Rovers who have one fit senior striker at the club (plus an 18-year old rookie). They can't get any loan signings in unless Home Attendances climb back above 5,000. There are many other clubs in this league in a similar position. 16,000 for a Tuesday night game is exceptionally good by league 1 standards!

Simon

I had no idea loan signings depended on attendance limits!

I doubt that is the reason they can't get loan signings in..

But good news I guess about their striker situation from our view

I had no idea loan signings depended on attendance limits!

I doubt that is the reason they can't get loan signings in..

But good news I guess about their striker situation from our view

I think they mean that they cannot even afford a loan signing if they don't get more punters in

Archived