Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leeds - Now an all ticket game

Leicester City have today confirmed that their League One clash against Leeds United at the Walkers Stadium on Monday, April 13 (12:15pm) will be an ALL-TICKET match.

Ticket sales have been brisk for the fixture - with home and away fans acting quickly to secure their seats.

Leeds united sold out their entire allocation of 3,100 within days of the tickets going on sale.

And strong interest from City supporters has now led to the Foxes making the game an all-ticket affair.

A City spokesman said: "We have taken the step to make this game all-ticket to avoid supporters being disappointed on the day of the game.

"We have experienced exceptional demand for this fixture and we are now urging our supporters to purchase their tickets at the earliest possible opportunity."

Fans can purchase their tickets directly from the Walkers Stadium ticket office, or also via the club's e-ticketing website.

I would take this article with a pinch of salt! They always make out it will be packed to the rafters, then it ends up being 22k (which is still good in this league)

No way will it be a sell out though - Plus it's on Sky remember...

I would take this article with a pinch of salt! They always make out it will be packed to the rafters, then it ends up being 22k (which is still good in this league)

Even if a result would clinch promotion?

I could see this selling out to be honest. What with them being on a good run and still pushing for a potential automatic spot, although more likely a playoff position, and us wanting to consolidate out position at the top. Plus the fact that it the two 'big' teams in the league

I think the club have made this announcement to try and stop Leeds fans swamping the home areas.

I doubt the attendance will be anywhere near 30k.

But it would be a nice sight for once again. When's the last time there were that many people at the Walkers?

Answer: Almost one year ago, against Sheffield Wednesday.

(That was the last home game of that dreadful Championship season)

don't think it's a question of lying - they obviously thought we'd sell more tickets than we have, and are now so desperate for people they're prepared to pay the TO staff double overtime on easter sunday & monday to peddle a few more. i hope sky tv are happy :angry:

That might be a cynicism overload. They can't sell tickets if the demand isn't there. So they must think it is. My guess is more that your typical Leicester fair weather fan waited to see the Hereford result before deciding that they wanted Leeds tickets. The original ticketing plan didn't really allow for that, and the club have obviously realised it was a mistake.

All I know is that even though I bought our tickets two weeks ago we couldn't get two seats together near the back of SK3 where we usually sit, because they'd almost sold out. We had to move into SK4 instead. On the basis of that, I wouldn't be surprised if the attendance tomorrow tops 30,000.

There seem to be some people on here who want the club to be in the wrong, and guilty of over-estimating the attendance for tomorrow. Is it a hangover from the bitterness about the season ticket fiasco, or something more?

Archived