Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Mobile Phone Thread

Balls to that, I'm not paying more money for less minutes/texts/EVERYTHING for a pretty phone that's on a gash network. I'm a business man on the move :cool: I EVEN HAVE A BUSINESS CARD HOLDER*

*With no business cards in

I must admit some of those business contracts do not sound like much value... :whistle:

If you are looking for reasonable deals try here http://www.phone8.co.uk/index.asp I'd watch out for the carphone warehouse though, hate the place and they have loads of different identities on these contract search sites.

Yeah, Carphone Warehouse are not what/who they used to be... :whistle:

Have had problems with them myself

Edited by cisono

Blackberry Bold - best phone I have ever used by miles (I have tried iPhone, Nokias, Sonys etc.).

Blackberry_Bold.jpg

Lightning quick, does everything an iPhone does, quicker to use, looks good, amazing screen and speaker

600 mins, unlimited text/email/internet/dat - £35 on vodafone, free handset

Blackberry Bold - best phone I have ever used by miles (I have tried iPhone, Nokias, Sonys etc.).

<Blackberry Bold>

Lightning quick, does everything an iPhone does, quicker to use, looks good, amazing screen and speaker

600 mins, unlimited text/email/internet/dat - £35 on vodafone, free handset

I hear it is not that great for actual phone calls though? :unsure:

Does it have a speakerphone? (I hate keeping phones against my ear -> headaches)

Plus on some networks/plans you need to buy extra bits to get email to work... (it seems)

I was also looking for a smartphone that can read pdf's well. How does the blackberry fare on this?

Edited by cisono

I hear it is not that great for actual phone calls though? :unsure:

Does it have a speakerphone? (I hate keeping phones against my ear -> headaches)

Plus on some networks/plans you need to buy extra bits to get email to work... (it seems)

I was also looking for a smartphone that can read pdf's well. How does the blackberry fare on this?

On mine you get Word and Excel (and probably more) fine. I think you have to buy the Premium Office jobby to get Adobe PDF though. That costs $69.99 (£48). And my BlackBerry has a speaker phone. I don't really know much about the technical features though, I don't really use it for important things.

They seem to offer a good deal, in that they include data/internet use in the price plan, right?

I got a very good deal as I've been with them for 14 years. I got 1200 minutes, 1000 texts and unlimited internet access for £27 a month.

I had to pay £50 for the phone though but it'll be helpful with my business so a proportion of it will get written off against tax.

I got a very good deal as I've been with them for 14 years. I got 1200 minutes, 1000 texts and unlimited internet access for £27 a month.

I had to pay £50 for the phone though but it'll be helpful with my business so a proportion of it will get written off against tax.

It does seem like a good deal... :thumbup:

This looks like the 16Gb version of the G1 3G.

It doesn't come with a pdf viewer or office applications, though, does it... :unsure:

i'd take any mobile at the mo-aslong as it's not with t-mobile-jesus only get signal under the kitchen table,cool advert though!!!well can mimic them moves!!

I need some help choosing a new phone, i've got between 90-150quid to get one, i know fook all about the current phone market so was hoping somebody here could help

The only things i definately need are:

-Internet access (facebook, twitter type access rather than this wap bullshit i have at the mo)

-a decent-ish camera, anything that'll look half decent when the photo is on the computer

-ability to add a memory card if needed

-text+phone calls

-oooh and an FM radio

THANKYOU FRIENDS.

Edited by Unit

I need some help choosing a new phone, i've got between 90-150quid to get one, i know fook all about the current phone market so was hoping somebody here could help

-Internet access (facebook, twitter type access rather than this wap bullshit i have at the mo)

-a decent-ish camera, anything that'll look half decent when the photo is on the computer

-text+phone calls

THANKYOU FRIENDS.

This will help :thumbup:

-text+phone calls

-oooh and an FM radio

-text+phone calls

-oooh and an FM radio

Most Sony Ericsson have all those I think, mine does and it came out about 4 years ago.