Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Mobile Phone Thread

Has anyone purchased anything from mobiles.co.uk (the site somehow linked to carphone warehouse)?

Did you have any problems with them?

Although they have lots of deals, I am wary to buy through them, as they have not yet replied to my two pre-sales emails sent one and two weeks ago respectively... :unsure:

Edited by cisono

Has anyone purchased anything from mobiles.co.uk (the site somehow linked to carphone warehouse)?

Did you have any problems with them?

Although they have lots of deals, I am wary to buy through them, as they have not yet replied to my two pre-sales emails sent one and two weeks ago respectively... :unsure:

Anything involving carphone warehouse will be a pain, they make you send them letters to get your pac code and generally treat customers like shit, if you can accept that they are sometimes cheap.

Anything involving carphone warehouse will be a pain, they make you send them letters to get your pac code and generally treat customers like shit, if you can accept that they are sometimes cheap.

I am not too sure what the connection between mobiles.co.uk and carphone warehouse is. I only noticed that if you purchase a handset on contract on mobiles.co.uk, you get your cashback (if you get it) from carphone warehouse. This is what made me suspicious... :whistle:

Edited by cisono

I am not too sure what the connection between mobiles.co.uk and carphone warehouse is. I only noticed that if you purchase a handset on contract on mobiles.co.uk, you get your cashback (if you get it) from carphone warehouse. This is what made me suspicious... :whistle:

The fact their website has copyright carphone warehouse at the foot of the page should give it away, they are a subsidiary, there are a few around. phones4u also operate under a few different names on the net.

The fact their website has copyright carphone warehouse at the foot of the page should give it away, they are a subsidiary, there are a few around. phones4u also operate under a few different names on the net.

That should not be allowed :whistle:

Incidentally, I found out something I really HATE about T-Mobile:

*** they charge you for calls to voicemail ***

shock and horror: even if you are on the most expensive monthly plan ever, say £90 a month, you will STILL have to pay EXTRA to retrieve your voicemails. So much for no hidden charges, eh, T-Mobile?!?!?!

T-Mobile claims that I called voicemail 16 times in the 2 weeks I was with them. As I don't have itemised billing (they didnt' tell me I could get it for free if I registered online), I cannot even dispute that, though I don't know what number I need to dial to acces voicemail on T-Mobile...

In short, bill for £21 for just 2 weeks during which I made no calls (well, perhaps 2 brief ones), except for those to voicemail, it seems :unsure:

:angry:

• 1 month later...

Just be on the blower to some fit girl at O2. (could tell she was fit by her name and voice )

Anyway, my phone is on the blink AGAIN, about the 5th time so i have said i want a brand new one, even if i put money towards it.

they said wihch phones but no Iphone.

so i said the SE C905 - For £49.93

or the Nokia express music phone 5800 - Free.

now i'm undecided which one to go for.

All I would say is AVOID CARPHONE WAREHOUSE. 4 months to get my phone replaced and total incompetence/rudeness/lies throughhout.

Im going back to Orange as soon as this contract runs out. Sad thing is they all seem to be as bad :angry:

All I would say is AVOID CARPHONE WAREHOUSE. 4 months to get my phone replaced and total incompetence/rudeness/lies throughhout.

Im going back to Orange as soon as this contract runs out. Sad thing is they all seem to be as bad :angry:

Fully agree, but i have found 2 people now who work at O2 who i try and get to and they help me out!

Make sure that you get your request for your PAC as soon as you can. If they tell you to make the request in writing (which they did with me), send it recorded post as they will otherwise lose it (which they did with me), thus ensuring that you stay with them for longer.

I will never use CPW again. :angry:

Make sure that you get your request for your PAC as soon as you can. If they tell you to make the request in writing (which they did with me), send it recorded post as they will otherwise lose it (which they did with me), thus ensuring that you stay with them for longer.

I will never use CPW again. :angry:

Will do cheers for the heads up :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
Got given a Blackberry yesterday by my new work. Don't want it.

Blackberry given by work... not a good start. It normally means more work from home and work being able to get hold of you at all (inappropriate and non-work) times. Good luck! :unsure:

Right, heres how it is. I'm getting a new phone on contract. It's on O2. 600 minutes and unlimited texts to any network anywhere. The phone it's self, a LG KP 500 'Cookie' is free. All for £25 a month, which is pretty sound as it is. Then, i have the choice of a free gift. The only three of the eight i'm interested in is a FREE PS3 or a FREE Nintendi Wii + Wii Fit or the first thirteen months of the contract for FREE ...and i am stuck as to which one to choose. The obvious choice for many would be to choose the PS3 however, i already have a XBOX 360 so is there any point of me getting a PS3? ...the Nintendo Wii + Wii Fit is also quite inviting as does the thirteen months FREE contract.

I've got no idea what to do.

What would you do?

Edited by Moreton