Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Mobile Phone Thread

it has 3G and google maps, track ID,

ive addaed facebook, mapnav, more games, music,

sounds good to me, sorry for so many questions (im shit with phones) are the facebook/mapnav etc like apps on an iphone?

Network?

PAYG or Contract?

o2 using my current Sim-only contract, so just looking for a handset really

Edited by Unit

sounds good to me, sorry for so many questions (im shit with phones) are the facebook/mapnav etc like apps on an iphone?

o2 using my current Sim-only contract, so just looking for a handset really

i think you have to download them

Blackberry Bold - best phone I have ever used by miles (I have tried iPhone, Nokias, Sonys etc.).

Blackberry_Bold.jpg

Lightning quick, does everything an iPhone does, quicker to use, looks good, amazing screen and speaker

600 mins, unlimited text/email/internet/dat - £35 on vodafone, free handset

I have the Blackberry Curve 8900, Its more or less the same as the bold but newer (i think), and seeing as though im not really a mobile phone geek like some, i love it.

£31.50

Flext 35

(18 months)

£200 worth of calls and texts

1000 mins, 2000 texts or any mix you use

FREE mobile internet

T-mobile

Edited by Leicfox

Daggs and/or Babs...

- What do you believe to be the best apps on the iPhone?

- Is it possible to download a function in order to take videos?

- Can you get FM Radio?

Ta very much.

I'm too busy with podcasts to bother finding live radio although I have the XFM app installed.

iFooty, BBC news, MMS, Facebook, Roadtrip, GPS tracker, iShoot and Flixster are probably my most used...and I have a different camera app installed which does B&W.

Video? Maybe Babs can hep.

This looks like the 16Gb version of the G1 3G.

It doesn't come with a pdf viewer or office applications, though, does it... :unsure:

Damn straight it is.

Sorry, was that part of the criteria? It doesnt as far as i know no. Although there are some pdf viewer apps ahving just checked the market - all trials though, and should when the full version is released im guessing you'll have to pay.

Its a quality phone though.

EDIT: And i've jsut looked, and found a PDF trial app, whacked some PDF's onto the SD card - i've found my bus reading for tomorrow.

Edited by The Reverend

EDIT: And i've jsut looked, and found a PDF trial app, whacked some PDF's onto the SD card - i've found my bus reading for tomorrow.

Glad to help :)

Yes, I did want a good pdf viewing solution (a smallprint/fast one, not Adobe :whistle: ) and perhaps mobile office... (though I hate office in all its incarnations, why would I seek to have it on more devices?) :unsure:

- What do you believe to be the best apps on the iPhone?

Difficult to say really, it depends on what you like. I use facebook, ebay, Shareprice, ifooty and MyRail mostly. You just tailor your apps to your life!!!

videos? Radio?

I've not really looked for anything like that tbh. I know there are a few radio ones, not sure how good they are or what stations you get. I've read that a video app is on the way, but not sure when.

• 2 weeks later...

I had another run-in with Orange yesterday.

They sent me a letter with my PAC number but also an invitation to ring them up to give them an opportunity to offer me a better deal. So I ring them up as requested ... only to be shouted at. :blink::huh:

What's going on with Orange customer services reps? Do they need anger management courses?

Did they all skip the chapter/training day on customer retention?

I rang again and chose a different option, this time disconnections. This guy was more civil, actually willing to talk to me without shouting. He explained what they could actually offer me and why they could not offer me anything better at the current time and what I could have done to probably get a better deal. He also apologised for his colleagues' behaviour and said he wished me the deal I wanted, even if it wasn't with Orange.

So off I went, Orange did not want me and I took the best non-Orange deal I could find and got myself a free HTC Touch HD (not £292, which is what Orange were asking me to pay them, in spite of being with them for 2 1/2 years) plus unlimited internet.

Mind you, who knows WHEN I will get it, but I have ordered it.

Hopefully will arrive soon... :unsure:

Amazingly, even though I no longer have a contract with them...

3-2.png

Even though I phoned, got a price to cancel my contract - paid in full and final settlement...I have received a bill for £56.00

And they phoned me.

And i got quite upset with them.

3_3.png

Alright, I have decided to get this Nokia 5310 phone, all seems jolly.

where's the cheapest place to get a handset? either unlocked or on o2 (i'm on a sim-only contract).

Most places have it listed for 65quid-ish but on orange, as soon as you get to o2 the prices go up about £20

Is it worth going to the o2 shop and trying to tweak a deal? Maybe if i prove i'm on a sim-only contract they wont make me pay this stupid forced top up with a phone.

sites/shops needed, TA