Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Mobile Phone Thread

I hate 18 month contracts, especially when they roll phones out faster than Usain Bolt.

Next time I shall do a 12 month.

They've now introduced 24 month contracts?!?!?! :rolleyes:

I refuse to accept anything over 12 months.

Shall we all boycott the longer contracts? :giggle:

Thats okay.

Atleast it'll be brainy then. :)

And better looking :cool:

They've now introduced 24 month contracts?!?!?! :rolleyes:

I refuse to accept anything over 12 months.

Shall we all boycott the longer contracts? :giggle:

Mine's a month to month contract and I get a free upgrade every 10 months :cool:

I couldn't really care less, all I use mobliles for is texting.

Then don't get an unreliable brick!

O2 are not even offering 12 month contracts online anymore!!

if they think I am signing up for 18months or more they can f**k off if that's all they are offering now then I shall be going elsewhere when it comes to an upgrade

I've just upgraded.

Got the sony ericsson C902 £25 a month for 500 mins and unlimited texts.

Happy with that, I'm not very techy so didn't want one of these really posh ones. It's got every thing I need and a 5mp camera which I think is supposed to be good lol.

lol

Go for it you want, I just think it's a bit ridiculous getting a notoriously unreliable and large phone because it does everything when you've admited you only use it for texting really :thumbup:

Get a Sony Ericsson.

Fair enough, I have heard bad things about the battery life tbh.

Obviously I use it mostly for texts, but want an uber sweet phone too like. :P

Edited by Libertine

• 3 months later...

iPhone.

Anyone got one? Any good?

Really tempted to get one now its on Pay As You Go. (Never had a Contract phone, don't want one, I don't use it enough to warrant a contract phone and in the long run for the amount I use a phone it would cost more)

I've seen an 8GB for just over £350 or a 16GB for just under £400, I'm tempted but you can only get it on O2 for the moment, It will be on Orange in October - Which i'd like to stick with Orange so might wait as 1 I can them have it on the network I want and 2 if I wait till October it would probably have dropped in price quite a bit. Hopefully.

Another thing is with the work I do, no doubt it'd get bashed and scratched so £400 is quite alot for that to happen.

£400 is alot of money but you would pay £150? £200 for an iPod (Not sure, got my iPod a couple of years ago, not looked at prices really) then you pay £200 for some phones. But I suppose 16GB is alot of memory? (Not sure :dunno)

Anyway what do people who have them think?

iPhone.

Anyone got one? Any good?

Why yes, I have. A 16gb white one.

I would hate to think of having it without the contract-included free unlimited data though and it strikes me that the phone is pretty pointless without one.

With the cost of the phone being so high on PAYG, and then having to pay for data charges & calls on top of that, I am sure a contract would work out cheaper.

I have had mine for less than a week and I think it is better than mushy peas and cheese on toast.

Why yes, I have. A 16gb white one.

I would hate to think of having it without the contract-included free unlimited data though and it strikes me that the phone is pretty pointless without one.

With the cost of the phone being so high on PAYG, and then having to pay for data charges & calls on top of that, I am sure a contract would work out cheaper.

I have had mine for less than a week and I think it is better than mushy peas and cheese on toast.

Some good points about a contract there. How long is the minimum contract (I know it used to be 18 months), and how much is the phone on contract or does it depend on what contract/prices/tariff you have? And is 16GB more than enough - How much music/data/information can up put on the 16GB roughly?

Some good points about a contract there. How long is the minimum contract (I know it used to be 18 months), and how much is the phone on contract or does it depend on what contract/prices/tariff you have? And is 16GB more than enough - How much music/data/information can up put on the 16GB roughly?

18 months @ £35 for 600 minutes and 600 text pcm.

I use my 160gb iPod for music and so the phone's 16gb is more than adequate for anything I'd ever want. I got this model because it's white, you can't get a white 8gb one.

I get unlimited internet and I can spank the battery to empty in five hours with constant use...which trumps the old N95 by about four hours!

Whether or not it is 'enough' depends on your personal needs and it surpasses mine. If you have a large music collection then you may need two or more gadgets instead of one convergence model.

The camera is shit.