Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

What are you listening to?

For those interested, Tim Burgess of the Charlatans is doing daily listening parties on Twitter. Fairly simple, you just start the album at a set time and then he has had people from the band live tweet whilst the album is on.

As you can imagine they're largely 90's/indie albums but has been good fun. He had Bonehead from Oasis doing Definitely Maybe on Saturday and closer to home, Cornershop on their new album on Monday eve.

This Friday at 9pm it's The Chemical Brothers, "Exit Planet Dust" which should be a good Friday night listen with a few beers. 

Nice way to pass the time on an evening. 

@Tim_Burgess on Twitter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

I'm not an atheist.......and this kind of confirms it

So much great music inspired by belief & spirituality. My personal favourite is John Coltrane's A Love Supreme.

I also thought about posting Gloria by the Electric Prunes here. But I am aware that many saw that little psychedelic masterpiece as a little sacrilegious.

But I've nothing against a bit of Handel, nor indeed Mozart. I also been known to dig a bit of Russian liturgical music previously. The effect of those all those voices .... amazing.

Its almost shameful to admit my non belief ......

Edited by swanlee
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Occasionally you get reminded how astonishingly good a classic track is

EDIT - the video and Bryan Ferry swaying nearly knackers how great the track is!  

Edited by Wolfox
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Wolfox said:

EDIT - the video and Bryan Ferry swaying nearly knackers how great the track is!  

Blame MTV .... imo you can say the same about almost all music videos. 

And does anybody remember the truly atrocious 'The Golden Oldie Picture Show' with DLT? Ran in the 80's on the BBC

No sh*te .... required viewing. I would like to slag off DLT's sweater, but I'm sure I was sent to skool in something very similar :blush:

(And stick with it .... Lola by The Kinks at about 10 minutes in. I remember watching that as a kid and feeling very confused :blink: In fact I still am :huh:)

• Like 1

Ha!  That’s epic!  

DLT self isolating and handing out safety advice about wearing helmets!

i had never seen the Lola video before…. That was an experience :jawdrop:

Edited by Wolfox