Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

What are you listening to?

6 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Ended up with PJ Harvey again, it's been a while:

More talent, style and swag than all of today's generic female "singers" combined.

It depends on what you mean by generic female singers but I find myself buying more and more female based music it's generally much more interesting and melodic than the male counterparts and has been for a while.

2 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

It depends on what you mean by generic female singers but I find myself buying more and more female based music it's generally much more interesting and melodic than the male counterparts and has been for a while.

I dread singers of today that have no style of their own, but are shaped by producers and advisors and ultimately simply act as a company mouthpiece. PJ Harvey, for instance, made her way up by playing in the Bristol scene for years, evolving on the way.

In general, if you can't write your own material as a musician, you have less soul.

And I do much more respect musicians that can play an instrument.

Edited by MC Prussian

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

I dread singers of today that have no style of their own, but are shaped by producers and advisors and ultimately simply act as a company mouthpiece. PJ Harvey, for instance, made her way up by playing in the Bristol scene for years, evolving on the way.

In general, if you can't write your own material as a musician, you have less soul.

And I do much more respect musicians that can play an instrument.

Ah those type of singers, but surely that's always been the case?  I guess the likes of X factor and the prize of immediate fame doesn't help, so given that there are so many interesting female artists around at the moment makes me hopeful that they are willing to do things the hard way and that maybe those types of 'talent' shows have had their day.

Edited by purpleronnie