Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wooly

Ipswich Town Away

Personally, as someone who's committed himself to aways this season, this is a real kick in the teeth. I'm not usually too concerned about pricing and don't like to quibble over a few quid. However, football seems to be priding itself on being unaffected by the current economic climate and no-one seems to be doing anything to try and reconcile this with what supporters are having to do to re-adjust.

When you've said you're going to a game and suddenly get landed with £31 for a ticket (plus the obvious petrol costs and food/drink), then it's like being held to ransom (Lisa for example will understand this, while some who pick and choose might find it a bit extreme). I've already abandoned my season ticket for the upcoming season because of the way the club put pressure on me to renew at a date when I couldn't commit, and now it's a matter of principle and finances that I refuse to renew at a higher price. If the same thing starts happening with aways, it's going to seriously dent my enthusiasm for this football club and more specifically the level we are currently playing at. With none of the enjoyment of the new grounds and terracing and friendly stewarding (and winning) in League One - and none of the money from the Premiership, what exactly have we got to shout about in this league?

It shouldn't come down to this when all I want to do is continue to loyally follow my club at every game, but continually I feel like I'm being taken for a ride - and it takes a lot for me to get to that point. I'll gladly drive up to Chesterfield and back after work to stand and watch a pre-season friendly in the pouring rain but if you're asking me to sit amongst a load of Fox Travel Grannies and watch us get beat by Ipswich for £31, it grates somewhat.

It really is a joke, isn't it? I have zero enthusiasm for Leicester at the moment, which is a bit upsetting really. I actually have no idea when my first away game is going to be now, I just don't really care. Possibly Scunthorpe at the end of November and that's only because it's down the road from my parents.

What an ignorant reply from the club that is. Pretty much says to me that they will be doing the same throughout the season.

The fact that they've not even bothered to compare the prices against what they are charging the home fans says a lot to me. What the **** is going on with football. £31 is scandalous for that waste heap of a ground, this gets me so angry. Can't beleive the club are just going to let this slide.

I don't think our own club is too bad in terms of charging away fans more at the Way - it didn't happen last season as far as I can remember (excluding games with promotional offers such as the Oldham game), and I've just checked on Swansea's OS and we're charging them exactly the same as what the club are charging us. Whether this continues throughout the season I don't know - the bloke writing the e-mail from the Ticket Office hasn't criticised Ipwsich for doing this, but that doesn't necessarily mean we're going to do the same, as it could just be him being tactful. But, as I said, I don't know for sure if we continue to charge away fans consistently or not - we'll just have to see - but I don't think we've got a reputation for doing in recent seasons, certainly not outside the Premiership at least.

And our own club can't really do anything about these prices - for the time being, clubs can charge home and away fans what they like - and much to our annoyance, there are no rules to stop them. I've heard Birmingham City next season will be charging the fans of bigger clubs over twice as much for away tickets as fans of smaller clubs - to watch a game of the same length from the same area of the ground!

One thing is for certain though - if Ipswich charge every club £31 for their away end, then hardly any clubs will sell it out. To be honest though, I don't think they care...

This could be the only season I get to go to regular away games

I am hoping, and trying to do the set, I did 9 last season. There are some fixtures which will be difficult, like Tuesday nights, because I don't yet know when my lectures, seminars are timetabled for.

But the costs are excessive... I am almost expecting not to go to QPR because of their prices.

I feel for you fans who don't get discounts like me, when I can probably afford the £31 easier than some (that's not meant to be arrogant by the way) being a single student who doesn't have to spend his money on bills etc.

But what can Leicester do... £31 isn't classed as 'excessive' in the football world. £50 would be, that seems to be the barrier when people stand back and go 'WOAH' behave yourselfs, and to charge that at this level is stupid.

When I went to Millwall last season, at £20 a ticket, I knew that this season was going to be expensive. I saw there that Sheff Utd is £19, that is great news, at least one is reasonably affordable.

Don't forget that this season away fans visiting Filbert way will have to pay £25-27 per game, ok, not £31, but still frigging expensive. It's getting ridiculous now, it really is. I wish the FA could control it like they do with FA Cup disputes, but they can't, and I doubt they would anyway.

I remember the football league did take action against Birmingham last season or so about their away ticket pricing and they had to bring them down.. cant remember the details now though. Im sure I didnt dream it all lol

Personally, as someone who's committed himself to aways this season, this is a real kick in the teeth. I'm not usually too concerned about pricing and don't like to quibble over a few quid. However, football seems to be priding itself on being unaffected by the current economic climate and no-one seems to be doing anything to try and reconcile this with what supporters are having to do to re-adjust.

When you've said you're going to a game and suddenly get landed with £31 for a ticket (plus the obvious petrol costs and food/drink), then it's like being held to ransom (Lisa for example will understand this, while some who pick and choose might find it a bit extreme). I've already abandoned my season ticket for the upcoming season because of the way the club put pressure on me to renew at a date when I couldn't commit, and now it's a matter of principle and finances that I refuse to renew at a higher price. If the same thing starts happening with aways, it's going to seriously dent my enthusiasm for this football club and more specifically the level we are currently playing at. With none of the enjoyment of the new grounds and terracing and friendly stewarding (and winning) in League One - and none of the money from the Premiership, what exactly have we got to shout about in this league?

It shouldn't come down to this when all I want to do is continue to loyally follow my club at every game, but continually I feel like I'm being taken for a ride - and it takes a lot for me to get to that point. I'll gladly drive up to Chesterfield and back after work to stand and watch a pre-season friendly in the pouring rain but if you're asking me to sit amongst a load of Fox Travel Grannies and watch us get beat by Ipswich for £31, it grates somewhat.

What the fook's wrong with Fox Travel. I know you're mad, but that's got fook all to do with what you're trying to say.

What the fook's wrong with Fox Travel. I know you're mad, but that's got fook all to do with what you're trying to say.

Come off it - I used Fox Travel a fair bit last season and still will continue to use it when needs be but you have to admit that the majority of the people on those coachs are the type of people who won't stand and make an atmosphere at an away game. Yes they go to every game and fair play to them but boy do they like a moan at every opportunity and it can really start to annoy if you're stuck with them at games.

Come off it - I used Fox Travel a fair bit last season and still will continue to use it when needs be but you have to admit that the majority of the people on those coachs are the type of people who won't stand and make an atmosphere at an away game. Yes they go to every game and fair play to them but boy do they like a moan at every opportunity and it can really start to annoy if you're stuck with them at games.

But for every moaner there's a genuinely good person. If you're talking about those bloody moaning women on coach 1 then yeah, they annoy the hell out of me too.

My point was why tar everyone who uses the service as Fox Travel Grannies? Bit OTT!

But for every moaner there's a genuinely good person. If you're talking about those bloody moaning women on coach 1 then yeah, they annoy the hell out of me too.

My point was why tar everyone who uses the service as Fox Travel Grannies? Bit OTT!

Aye.

We're certainly not grannies, Granno.

I was a Fox Travel Grannie most away games last season due to not being able to drive lol

Have to admit a lot of them drove us mad but there were a few decent ppl on there too. We usually got on coach 2 so missed the worst moaners I think though we were physically assaulted by a few old women pushing us out of the way so they got a seat downstairs ffs, Loons! lol

:blink:

Calm down Herbert. If you want to dub yourself a Granny then that's up to you. I never mentioned anything about all people who use Fox Travel being the same. Complex or what.

I think people know the sort that I was referring to. I don't know their specific names. :mellow:

Calm down Herbert. If you want to dub yourself a Granny then that's up to you. I never mentioned anything about all people who use Fox Travel being the same. Complex or what.

I think people know the sort that I was referring to. I don't know their specific names. :mellow:

Oh I know one for sure! Politeness prevents me from naming her. :D

:D

Calm down Deidre.

Hi,

Can you just explain to me how the club can justify charging £31 to away fans for the Championship fixture on August 15th. This is a true rip off and I believe the away attendance will reflect this price structure. A club such as Ipswich should be promoting and encouraging football at Portman Road, not pricing out or exploiting many loyal fans of either participating club.

For your information the away game for Leicester on the following Tuesday at Sheffield United (a bigger club that Ipswich therefore a more high profile game) is priced at £19 a much more reasonable price. I look forward to your response as at the minute I do not see £31 worth of entertainment at Ipswich when many Premier League clubs offer cheaper tickets.

Best regards,

John

I couldnt help but start laying into them. ;)

Hi,

Can you just explain to me how the club can justify charging £31 to away fans for the Championship fixture on August 15th. This is a true rip off and I believe the away attendance will reflect this price structure. A club such as Ipswich should be promoting and encouraging football at Portman Road, not pricing out or exploiting many loyal fans of either participating club.

For your information the away game for Leicester on the following Tuesday at Sheffield United (a bigger club that Ipswich therefore a more high profile game) is priced at £19 a much more reasonable price. I look forward to your response as at the minute I do not see £31 worth of entertainment at Ipswich when many Premier League clubs offer cheaper tickets.

Best regards,

John

I couldnt help but start laying into them. ;)

What was the address you sent this to?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to show my disappointment at your pricing policy for away fans. I am fan of Leicester City and given promotion this season was extremely looking forward to our first away game of the season at Portman Road, a ground I previously hadn't visited (and probably for the better considering our record at your ground). However, I am now no longer going after find out the price of ticket you have decided to charge our travelling support. I can understand that for us given our status as a third division side last season, tickets were bound to be more expensive than previously. I feel that £31 is over the top for a football game of second tier level and that given the current situation regards economics, it's simply not sustainable. Personally feel that my club's charge of £25 for a Grade B (similar to your grade here) is borderline.

Whilst I understand given your season ticket holders etc. have paid for their seat based upon the amount you charge elsewhere and that many will have already paid, I hope you consider your pricing structure in the near future. I know that this e-mail will simply be one voice which will probably be ignored as I will probably be a minority in my boycotting of our fixture but I believe that if your prices remain consistent, away support will boycott Portman Road for the near future and this will hurt your income.

What angers me more regards your allocation and pricing is given history, when clubs ask for an extended allocation Ipswich Town release more tickets than the original 1900 and these are positioned in the lower tier of your away section. The pricing of these tickets are cheaper than the upper tier tickets. Could you please explain this flawed logic? Combined with Ipswich's geography which makes (to the majority of the league) one of the most difficult grounds for access thus petrol and distances are high and train prices are higher, it's potentially a very, very expensive day out. Add to the cost, you picking up the bill for a ten year old priced at £28, it's just not worth the money.

I look forward to a reply explaining the reasoning on your pricing and the decision to house us in the upper tier at a higher price rather than the lower tier.

Regards,

xxxxx

That's my first draft to Ipswich yet to proofread it.

My five targets of complaints are Ipswich Town FC, Football League, When Saturday Comes magazine, FSF and the Mockery. Each will get a different complaint/moan.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to show my disappointment at your pricing policy for away fans. I am fan of Leicester City and given promotion this season was extremely looking forward to our first away game of the season at Portman Road, a ground I previously hadn't visited (and probably for the better considering our record at your ground). However, I am now no longer going after find out the price of ticket you have decided to charge our travelling support. I can understand that for us given our status as a third division side last season, tickets were bound to be more expensive than previously. I feel that £31 is over the top for a football game of second tier level and that given the current situation regards economics, it's simply not sustainable. Personally feel that my club's charge of £25 for a Grade B (similar to your grade here) is borderline.

Whilst I understand given your season ticket holders etc. have paid for their seat based upon the amount you charge elsewhere and that many will have already paid, I hope you consider your pricing structure in the near future. I know that this e-mail will simply be one voice which will probably be ignored as I will probably be a minority in my boycotting of our fixture but I believe that if your prices remain consistent, away support will boycott Portman Road for the near future and this will hurt your income.

What angers me more regards your allocation and pricing is given history, when clubs ask for an extended allocation Ipswich Town release more tickets than the original 1900 and these are positioned in the lower tier of your away section. The pricing of these tickets are cheaper than the upper tier tickets. Could you please explain this flawed logic? Combined with Ipswich's geography which makes (to the majority of the league) one of the most difficult grounds for access thus petrol and distances are high and train prices are higher, it's potentially a very, very expensive day out. Add to the cost, you picking up the bill for a ten year old priced at £28, it's just not worth the money.

I look forward to a reply explaining the reasoning on your pricing and the decision to house us in the upper tier at a higher price rather than the lower tier.

Regards,

xxxxx

My five targets of complaints are Ipswich Town FC, Football League, When Saturday Comes magazine, FSF and the Mockery. Each will get a different complaint/moan.

good argument, lets hope its actually looked at!

Dear Sir/Madam,

Regards,

xxxxx

Good stuff. I wonder if the Foxes Trust or Mercury fancy representing our interests on something like this. I will keep an open mind. They must know the prices by now.

Archived