Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wooly

Ipswich Town Away

Wouldn't take much effort to make more of stand than the current groups. By simpling boycott this fixture would be more than majority of people at front of the supporters club and Foxes Trust are going to do.

Looks like I'm doing more than both of them then. lol

Anyone written to the FSF?

An increase in admission prices of nearly SEVENTEEN per cent, compared to our last visit less than two years ago, cannot be justified in any way, shape or form.

I'm not going to line the pockets of Ipswich's sugar daddy - I'll stay home and watch Soccer Saturday.

A valiant effort, although I can't see it making much of a difference. In the Derby/QPR case, wasn't it Derby who challenged the prices and not just the fans? Our club don't seem to be that bothered that it's fans are getting ripped off.

I can understand why many wouldn't want to pay such a hefty price for this fixture. However, I'm going to take full advantage of the student price while it's on offer, and therefore plan on attending this game. After taking inspiration from syston_fox last year, I've committed myself to finishing this campaign with 100% attendance, which is therefore another reason as to why I'm attending this game.

I'm with Granno on this one, I can see the arguments as to why people would and wouldn't want to attend this match. Therefore there won't be any complaints from me if only 500 Leicester fans attend this match (for once :P).

Yes, Derby County supported it's fans and the FL stepped in. Where as City are strugging their shoulders. The club should be moaning at Ipswich for not getting the cheaper tickets in the lower tier.

My comments at Ipswich have been sent to the relevant department.

It's about time that fan group stepped forward who were more pro-active and pro-fierce with their views than those current hanging on to the club.

The Derby/QPR situation was different. Derby were being charged a higher price to the one agreed at the beginning of the season, and this was higher than the most expensive home ticket. In our case the home fans are getting ripped off too, Leicester aren't going to step in because they agreed this price and it's in line with the Football League guidelines.

When I was at the ticket office this morning, I asked if the club were aware of any complaints being made to Ipswich and I got the typical 'their pricing is nothing to do with us' answer.

I said that I didn't ask that, and I was just saying that our fans weren't happy and we were wondering if we would get any support from the club.

She said that she didn't have a clue. Helpful.

I haven't had the automated response. I think I might have upset them. Oops.

I want to go, but don't want to pay £22 and travel down on my own.

We may have a space, if you can get down to us first.

I mean it will be an expensive away day for me, £36 in all, though obviously that's nothing compared to people who will pay the full price for the ticket.

But this is football, it's clear that £31 will not be the only time we get charged over £30 for a ticket, and i'm not just talking about the 'big teams'

Like most, it will be a financial stretch for me with the travel costs included, but I can't not go, I really can't.

I mean it will be an expensive away day for me, £36 in all, though obviously that's nothing compared to people who will pay the full price for the ticket.

But this is football, it's clear that £31 will not be the only time we get charged over £30 for a ticket, and i'm not just talking about the 'big teams'

Like most, it will be a financial stretch for me with the travel costs included, but I can't not go, I really can't.

Probably - but I'm hoping there won't be too many that are £30+. QPR is usually expensive, as might be Middlesborough, but I can't think of that many clubs that will charge us over 30 quid for adult tickets. Newcastle are charging Reading fans £25 for their game at St. James' and West Brom are charging Newcastle fans £23 for their game at the Hawthorns...if I'm honest, I thought both of those clubs would charge more this season so at least that's something, even though I still think tickets are over-priced generally.

Mind you, just shows how expensive Ipswich are making away tickets...

The club were offered £36 tickets and £31 tickets, and rejected the £36 tickets.

So im guessing that the ones we have could be in the lower tier?

I am hoping that is not what was meant by "amended ticket prices". Otherwise I will not be happy.

I got a slight edit of the same e-mail and a few sentences at the end which thrown the blame back at the club and I can't really understand his point.

''In regard to the allocation of tickets which are lower priced, these tickets are in the Away Family area which is a lower tier and does have lower prices. The tickets in this area, requested by your Club, will be sold at a ratio of no more than two adults with one child. Entry into the area through the turnstiles is also controlled at the same ratio.''

I got a slight edit of the same e-mail and a few sentences at the end which thrown the blame back at the club and I can't really understand his point.

''In regard to the allocation of tickets which are lower priced, these tickets are in the Away Family area which is a lower tier and does have lower prices. The tickets in this area, requested by your Club, will be sold at a ratio of no more than two adults with one child. Entry into the area through the turnstiles is also controlled at the same ratio.''

Hmmm....

Dear Xxxxxxxx

We grade matches at Portman Road and the match vs Leicester is B graded and priced accordingly for home and away supporters. In regard to the allocation of tickets which are lower priced, these tickets are in the Away Family area which is a lower tier and does have lower prices. The tickets in this area, requested by your Club, will be sold at a ratio of no more than two adults with one child. Entry into the area through the turnstiles is also controlled at the same ratio.

We welcome all away supporters to Portman Road and certainly do not have a policy to try to discourage people from attending our matches.

I cannot comment on the pricing policy of other clubs.

Kind regards

John

John Ford

Ticket Office and Call Centre Manager

Ipswich Town Football Club

email: [email protected]

I didn't mention Leicester City in my mail to Ipswich. The email doesn't answer mine, a short and succinct query.

I would like to express my disgust at your pricing structure for away fans. I

would like to know how you can justify such prices. £31 is something that I

would expect to pay to see Premiership football, and at a ground that offered

decent facilities. As far as I am aware, Ipswich Town are not playing in the

Premiership. I also recall the Cobbold Stand being uncomfortable and

impractical for away supporters.

I understand that the lower tier is available, with seat prices at £26. These

will only be available once the allocation to the upper tier has been sold.

This means that regular away supporters are paying more than casual supporters.

How is this fair?

At the end of the day, if ITFC wants to spend money on players, and on improving

Portman Rd, fine, but this should not be by ripping off away fans who see no

benefit in either, especially at a time when people are trying to find ways of

saving money. The cynic in me does wonder of this is this a convenient way of

ensuring that the away support is not as large as could be expected?

I look forward to your reply,

Kind regards

The club were offered £36 tickets and £31 tickets, and rejected the £36 tickets.

So im guessing that the ones we have could be in the lower tier?

Hmmm....

Dear Xxxxxxxx

We grade matches at Portman Road and the match vs Leicester is B graded and priced accordingly for home and away supporters. In regard to the allocation of tickets which are lower priced, these tickets are in the Away Family area which is a lower tier and does have lower prices. The tickets in this area, requested by your Club, will be sold at a ratio of no more than two adults with one child. Entry into the area through the turnstiles is also controlled at the same ratio.

We welcome all away supporters to Portman Road and certainly do not have a policy to try to discourage people from attending our matches.

I cannot comment on the pricing policy of other clubs.

Kind regards

John

John Ford

Ticket Office and Call Centre Manager

Ipswich Town Football Club

email: [email protected]

I didn't mention Leicester City in my mail to Ipswich. The email doesn't answer mine, a short and succinct query.

Kind regards

did i not say :whistle:

So in actual fact grade B tickets are £36 as that is what ipswich offered us first but Leicester rejected that and went for the lower £31, which are more expensive than watching Man Utd, as my cousin pays £35 for his tickets there.

Thank you for your email.

I have been in touch with John Ford, the Ticket Office Manager at Ipswich Town today, and understand that he replied to your complaint this morning.

I understand that tickets for the lower tier of the away section are sold concurrently with those in the upper tier, but are only sold to adults with children as it is a designated family area.

In terms of price, I recognise your frustration - it is fair to say that Ipswich are one of the more expensive clubs to watch in the Championship.

The Football League does work hard with its clubs to ensure that ticket prices remain competitive and, at the very least, our rules ensure that away fans pay no more than home fans do. However, all clubs are separate businesses and are ultimately responsible for their own pricing.

Kind Regards

Nick Jones

Customer Services Officer

The Football League Ltd

There's the reply off the FL. He clarifies the pricing structure. Now's the time to dent Ipswich Town's balance by spreading the word across as much as the football watching public balance.

Secondarily, why haven't LCFC made us aware of this 'family' area. I plan to e-mail the ticket office regards this.....in which we're going have lots of people bringing their cousins to their first LCFC away game if the case.

Can i just say all these people sending Emails to the Leicester and Ipswich ticket, its not going to make a difference at all.

Ipswich like every club have their own pricing strategy and just like any other club we have ours, last season in league 1 we were one of the most expensive grounds to come too, and yes fair enough it could be a once in a life time game for some of the lower clubs as they might not get to play at the walkers again but i bet they thought pretty much the same as were thinking now.

Although sending an email might vent some frustration but its too late now for Ipswich to change there prices as thats what there fans are paying too, im not sticking up for them just trying to point out, that there fans are being charged the same price as ours.

Can i just say all these people sending Emails to the Leicester and Ipswich ticket, its not going to make a difference at all.

Ipswich like every club have their own pricing strategy and just like any other club we have ours, last season in league 1 we were one of the most expensive grounds to come too, and yes fair enough it could be a once in a life time game for some of the lower clubs as they might not get to play at the walkers again but i bet they thought pretty much the same as were thinking now.

Although sending an email might vent some frustration but its too late now for Ipswich to change there prices as thats what there fans are paying too, im not sticking up for them just trying to point out, that there fans are being charged the same price as ours.

People power and all that Joe. Ipswich will soon notice the very low attendance figures if people who say they aren't going to go stay at home and watch Sir Jeff.

:appl:

Archived