Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wooly

Ipswich Town Away

Dear John

As per Football League regulations we apply the same pricing to away supporters as we do to our own supporters in equivalent areas. We grade matches at Portman Road and the match against Leicester has been set at B grade prices.

I cannot comment on prices at other clubs as they all make their own decisions on grading and prices.

Yours sincerely

John

Everyone get emailing and bombard them!!! they need to know.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to show my disappointment at your pricing policy for away fans. I am fan of Leicester City and given promotion this season was extremely looking forward to our first away game of the season at Portman Road, a ground I previously hadn't visited (and probably for the better considering our record at your ground). However, I am now no longer going after find out the price of ticket you have decided to charge our travelling support. I can understand that for us given our status as a third division side last season, tickets were bound to be more expensive than previously. I feel that £31 is over the top for a football game of second tier level and that given the current situation regards economics, it's simply not sustainable. Personally feel that my club's charge of £25 for a Grade B (similar to your grade here) is borderline.

Whilst I understand given your season ticket holders etc. have paid for their seat based upon the amount you charge elsewhere and that many will have already paid, I hope you consider your pricing structure in the near future. I know that this e-mail will simply be one voice which will probably be ignored as I will probably be a minority in my boycotting of our fixture but I believe that if your prices remain consistent, away support will boycott Portman Road for the near future and this will hurt your income.

What angers me more regards your allocation and pricing is given history, when clubs ask for an extended allocation Ipswich Town release more tickets than the original 1900 and these are positioned in the lower tier of your away section. The pricing of these tickets are cheaper than the upper tier tickets. Could you please explain this flawed logic? Combined with Ipswich's geography which makes (to the majority of the league) one of the most difficult grounds for access thus petrol and distances are high and train prices are higher, it's potentially a very, very expensive day out. Add to the cost, you picking up the bill for a ten year old priced at £28, it's just not worth the money.

I look forward to a reply explaining the reasoning on your pricing and the decision to house us in the upper tier at a higher price rather than the lower tier.

Regards,

xxxxx

That's my first draft to Ipswich yet to proofread it.

My five targets of complaints are Ipswich Town FC, Football League, When Saturday Comes magazine, FSF and the Mockery. Each will get a different complaint/moan.

Pricing at some places now is disgraceful. I would travel any where to see City if I could afford too, but like you say £31 is too much to pay.

Somethings should be done.

Vote with your feet.

I understand that there are some absolute heroes that try to go to every away so don't want to miss one, but the situation will never improve while people continue to pay the prices. If enough clubs only took a few hundred fans to Portman Road when they normally take thousands to most games I'm sure Ipswich would reconsider their pricing policy next season.

As it is, what motivation is there for Ipswich to fix up when there's still droves of people willing to turn up and pay 50% more than they will at the following away game. If anything, it will just make clubs like Sheffield United take a look at themselves and wonder if they're being mugs for missing out on all that extra cash.

Ipswich can go fook themselves.

Vote with your feet.

I understand that there are some absolute heroes that try to go to every away so don't want to miss one, but the situation will never improve while people continue to pay the prices. If enough clubs only took a few hundred fans to Portman Road when they normally take thousands to most games I'm sure Ipswich would reconsider their pricing policy next season.

As it is, what motivation is there for Ipswich to fix up when there's still droves of people willing to turn up and pay 50% more than they will at the following away game. If anything, it will just make clubs like Sheffield United take a look at themselves and wonder if they're being mugs for missing out on all that extra cash.

Exactly. We should all boycott it.

Vote with your feet.

Yep, exactly. I know it's difficult when you're a die-harder, but you also have morals too. £31 for Championship football is scandalous, and anybody who willingly pays it is a mug whether they like it or not. The demise of modern football will only continue if people pay this kind of money.

Nothing will change otherwise will it?

Vote with your feet.

It's exactly what I am calling for in an e-mail to the Mercury. Did a decent job of versus Brum.

This is why I've said if we ever get back to the Premier League live LCFC matches will be out of my reach financially.

This is why I've said if we ever get back to the Premier League live LCFC matches will be out of my reach financially.

Yep. It's the paradox of modern British football. You spend your whole time supporting your team's attempts to acheive something which will ultimately ruin your enjoyment of supporting that team.

As soon as you hit the premier league these days you're expected to pick up your Sky remote and kick back from there. Hope it never comes for us.

I really hope nobody off here attends this one, obviously there will be 500 die hards attending whatever but the only way they'll listen is fans not turning up. I honeslty think our 2,000 average away ends last season were helped by many tickets being under 20 nicker.

And as Screnchel said paying Ipswichs prices will only make decent clubs like Sheff United re-think their pricing structures.

Loaded Dog and Jeff Stelling all the way for this one.

Yep. It's the paradox of modern British football. You spend your whole time supporting your team's attempts to acheive something which will ultimately ruin your enjoyment of supporting that team.

Sad but true.

As soon as you hit the premier league these days you're expected to pick up your Sky remote and kick back from there. Hope it never comes for us.

I really hope nobody off here attends this one, obviously there will be 500 die hards attending whatever but the only way they'll listen is fans not turning up. I honeslty think our 2,000 average away ends last season were helped by many tickets being under 20 nicker.

And the fact we were winning most games, I will try to get to any game I can this season but its easier for me because i'll be getting EMA and i'm only 16, I dread to think how bad it is for adult fans paying £31 to sit in a shit view stand for a game we will probably lose.

Vote with your feet.

Unfortunatley, I don't think they will. Away attendances at Portman Road are traditionally very low due to it being in the arse end of nowhere, lack of transport links, etc. Obviously this pricing structure has been set up to squeeze the most out of the fans that do turn up. As we all know, halving the prices does not double the attendance - and this price has obviously been calculated to get as much money from the habitually low number of fans that turn up at their place. I agree the prices are a disgrace, but sadly I just don't think they give a fook. For them, the sound of the till ringing after the game more than makes up for the lack of noise from the away end.

I have to admit Id probably still go if I wasnt going away a couple of days after and not feeling brill still. Its just made the decision easier for me to be fair plus theres plenty of other away games in August so it softens the blow somewhat.

I totally understand why some people will still go especially those who pre order tickets. Hope they get to see a win to compensate for having to pay all that money out.

east midlands trains web-site is telling me 3h 16m and Super Off-peak Return £74.00.

On a Saturday?

Can that be right?

Trains mate, absolute joke, but you can get it quite a bit cheaper if your break it down yourself. You going from Leicester? Advance single to London 16 quid, advance single from London to Ipswich 8 quid. Same on the way back. £48 in total. Aint great still but not too bad.

Sadly, I think far too many people lack the individual will to boycott and make a stand, preferring instead just to chuck their cash at football clubs and have a quiet moan about it. It's a very British problem.

I hope our fans prove me wrong and do stay away from Portaloo Road, but I just can't see a meaningful boycott materialising unfortunately.

Looks like Rockingham Road for me though. COME ON YOU DONS! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Sadly, I think far too many people lack the individual will to boycott and make a stand, preferring instead just to chuck their cash at football clubs and have a quiet moan about it. It's a very British problem.

I hope our fans prove me wrong and do stay away from Portaloo Road, but I just can't see a meaningful boycott materialising unfortunately.

Looks like Rockingham Road for me though. COME ON YOU DONS! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

In a way I see why people could boycott, but you can bet your bottom dollar that if the Toon prices are the same, people will be all over it.

Ah but it's a different game I hear you say. It's not, it's a Coca Cola Championship game that the lads need support at.

In a way I see why people could boycott, but you can bet your bottom dollar that if the Toon prices are the same, people will be all over it.

Ah but it's a different game I hear you say. It's not, it's a Coca Cola Championship game that the lads need support at.

You do have a point of course. I'm not looking forward to being seriously gouged for a ticket to the Toon although perhaps it's just double standards on my part that I'm willing to pay more to see Newcastle v Leicester than I am to see Ipswich v Leicester.

However, consider the recent respective histories of the two clubs. Newcastle have been a top flight side playing in a top class stadium for the past decade and half, Ipswich have neither of these characteristics. I don't like the fact that Newcastle will inevitably shake us by our ankles for every last penny, but I can understand why a club like Newcastle are charging over the odds more than I can a fairly middle of the road club like Ipswich doing it.

Archived