Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wooly

Ipswich Town Away

People power and all that Joe. Ipswich will soon notice the very low attendance figures if people who say they aren't going to go stay at home and watch Sir Jeff.

There will still be Leicester fans there, and i bet that there ends will be 3/4 to full.

Its the pure fact that its there first game of the season.

Can i just say all these people sending Emails to the Leicester and Ipswich ticket, its not going to make a difference at all.

Ipswich like every club have their own pricing strategy and just like any other club we have ours, last season in league 1 we were one of the most expensive grounds to come too, and yes fair enough it could be a once in a life time game for some of the lower clubs as they might not get to play at the walkers again but i bet they thought pretty much the same as were thinking now.

Although sending an email might vent some frustration but its too late now for Ipswich to change there prices as thats what there fans are paying too, im not sticking up for them just trying to point out, that there fans are being charged the same price as ours.

That can easily be got around by not having an equivalent area

There will still be Leicester fans there, and i bet that there ends will be 3/4 to full.

Its the pure fact that its there first game of the season.

True, but it won't be as high as they may have been expecting.

Can i just say all these people sending Emails to the Leicester and Ipswich ticket, its not going to make a difference at all.

I am sorry but I could absolutely explode at that comment. However, I am not going to stoop down the level of many on here. Just sitting there without making a stand is going to do nothing more than increase ticket prices up further and further. My aim is for them to reconsider, not us but others and in the process put as many people off paying those prices.

I am sorry but I could absolutely explode at that comment. However, I am not going to stoop down the level of many on here. Just sitting there without making a stand is going to do nothing more than increase ticket prices up further and further. My aim is for them to reconsider, not us but others and in the process put as many people off paying those prices.

:o

What time would you be leaving?

Haven't a clue yet, but probably 10 at the latest.

Thank you for your email.

I have been in touch with John Ford, the Ticket Office Manager at Ipswich Town today, and understand that he replied to your complaint this morning.

I understand that tickets for the lower tier of the away section are sold concurrently with those in the upper tier, but are only sold to adults with children as it is a designated family area.

In terms of price, I recognise your frustration - it is fair to say that Ipswich are one of the more expensive clubs to watch in the Championship.

The Football League does work hard with its clubs to ensure that ticket prices remain competitive and, at the very least, our rules ensure that away fans pay no more than home fans do. However, all clubs are separate businesses and are ultimately responsible for their own pricing.

Kind Regards

Nick Jones

Customer Services Officer

The Football League Ltd

There's the reply off the FL. He clarifies the pricing structure. Now's the time to dent Ipswich Town's balance by spreading the word across as much as the football watching public balance.

Secondarily, why haven't LCFC made us aware of this 'family' area. I plan to e-mail the ticket office regards this.....in which we're going have lots of people bringing their cousins to their first LCFC away game if the case.

So the Football League don't give a crap. Quelle surprise.

Where do we go next?

Maybe, maybe not. I'm not happy with their pricing structure, I'm not happy with pricing in general in all honesty. As it gets more and more expensive for us to go and watch games, whilst prima donnas fill their bank accounts with our money, I am not prepared to sit back and say "oh well, that's modern football for you". So what if my emails do nothing, at least I am making my point clear, and maybe, just maybe, someone, somewhere will allow the penny to drop (pardon the pun) and wake up and realise that the average football supporter is being dumped on from a great height.

It's the fans who moan about the ticket prices, but pay the money and say or do nothing that piss me off more. If more of us spoke out against this, then something is more likely to get done about it, like Katy says, people power.

Ipswich like every club have their own pricing strategy and just like any other club we have ours, last season in league 1 we were one of the most expensive grounds to come too, and yes fair enough it could be a once in a life time game for some of the lower clubs as they might not get to play at the walkers again but i bet they thought pretty much the same as were thinking now.

Although sending an email might vent some frustration but its too late now for Ipswich to change there prices as thats what there fans are paying too, im not sticking up for them just trying to point out, that there fans are being charged the same price as ours.

Can I just say that is not the point/

Why should we, as fans, sit back and say "oh ok, we'll pay that much" when we have a voice that should be heard more often in football. If you're happy to siit back and pay the prices, they'll only get higher as clubs continue to realise that the fans are so apathetic that it won't matter what they charge.

I find it sad that so many fans are willing to let this slide.

Explode them?

All i am saying is they have probably sold 20,000 tickets for this match and will not reconsider the prices, because if they do reconsider the prices for Leicester fans they will have to reconsider for there own fans and that will cost them alot of money!

If quite a few clubs complain to them this season they might reconsider there pricing strategy but, with a few leicester complaining they won't do it.

There will be clubs that charge more the Ipswich to E.G> QPR and Cardiff will be up there.

Well Ive emailed and Im not going.... cant do anymore than that. Im still confused how some people are saying the home fans are paying the same as us? Thought their tickets were £26 and ours £31?? Hows that the same lol?

Just got my ticket from the office for the game, it hurt having to fork out £16 for coach travel, but I was not missing this game one iota.

In block V2, row J, Just like I said in the Sheff Utd thread, coach 1, spot the loner, that'll be me! :D

That's where I am as well. :thumbup:

People moan about the prices, send emails etc but then still go?

I can understand you want to see LCFC play and dont want to miss a game etc, but if you really wanted to make a point to yourself and to Ipswich then you would surely not attend?

Im not trying to piss anyone off with this post, just merely pointing out that people should consider voting with their feet.

I can understand you want to see LCFC play and dont want to miss a game etc, but if you really wanted to make a point to yourself and to Ipswich then you would surely not attend?

Im not trying to piss anyone off with this post, just merely pointing out that people should consider voting with their feet.

I certainly wouldn't be going if I'd have been to Portman Road before and also if I had to pay 31 quid. This is partly why I'm not kicking off so much, it doesn't mean I'm happy with others being ripped off though.

Maybes has a point.

Which is why I have kicked up as little of a stink as possible.

Of course, i'm not paying the £31 for the ticket, but it is still an awful lot of money. But this is football now, it's not all sixpence on the day of the game anymore, it's not last seasons £10 for Tranmere, Brizzle etc.

When you go up, the prices go up. It'll cost a fook load, but people pay it, so they'll charge it.

Explode them?

All i am saying is they have probably sold 20,000 tickets for this match and will not reconsider the prices, because if they do reconsider the prices for Leicester fans they will have to reconsider for there own fans and that will cost them alot of money!

If quite a few clubs complain to them this season they might reconsider there pricing strategy but, with a few leicester complaining they won't do it.

There will be clubs that charge more the Ipswich to E.G> QPR and Cardiff will be up there.

I doubt anyone is expecting them to do anything for LCFC or indeed for anyone else this season but even you admit that if quite few clubs complain to them they might do something so that is what people are doing, like wise the more from each club that complain and are supported by their fellow fans rather than criticised the bigger the impact.

Was tempted by this but no thanks with those ticket prices.

Also, does anyone know Ipswich's average attendance's, I'd imagine they have one of the worst in the league with those prices. When will clubs realise it's better to have a full stadium at a cheap prices than have low attendances with high prices?

And how can they get family's in (There 'target' customer nowadays) with ticket prices like that?

Yes, Maybes has a point, and if we were having to pay full price for this game, I seriously would give it a miss. It's a shithole stand, in a shithole town, with one of the worst journeys in the football league. But I feel that kicking up a fuss may lead to improvements in the long run. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

And how can they get family's in (There 'target' customer nowadays) with ticket prices like that?

At least it's simpler than our family ticket packages.

Yes, we're bloody expensive. And I have to pay that week in week out.

Average attendance is just over 20,000 usually but with Keano at the helm and high expectations you can probably expect about 26,000 at the game next week.

Protest against it then? :dunno:

I can't imagine there are all that many Ipswich fans who are happy to pay those prices every week.

Sir Rob has it.

Never been Portman road and probably never will. No way i'm curling over and lining the pockets of modern footballs cu nts.

I certainly wouldn't be going if I'd have been to Portman Road before and also if I had to pay 31 quid. This is partly why I'm not kicking off so much, it doesn't mean I'm happy with others being ripped off though.

This goes for me too.

Yes, we're bloody expensive. And I have to pay that week in week out.

Average attendance is just over 20,000 usually but with Keano at the helm and high expectations you can probably expect about 26,000 at the game next week.

Calm it.

Archived