Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lillehamring

The Great Buildings of Leicester Thread

did you ever go down ross walk at night ?

that is/was a spooky place :unsure:

Maybe I can't remember we moved when I was 8.

They're all converted to houses now but when we lived there there was some kind of shop/business on every corner. Apart from that and all the extra cars parked in the street the old street still looks the same as I remember it.

LeicestershireLeicesterTechnicaland.jpg

Newark Street and Pocklingtons Walk

i went there, have they really demolished it? how were they allowed to do that... shameful...

i didn't realise it was extended backwards, there was some roman city wall in one of the offices in the basement....

i went there, have they really demolished it? how were they allowed to do that... shameful...

i didn't realise it was extended backwards, there was some roman city wall in one of the offices in the basement....

Are you sure we're talking about the same place? It must have been knocked down in the early 80s.

Are you sure we're talking about the same place? It must have been knocked down in the early 80s.

clearly not - but i think you may have posted the wrong pic

LeicestershireLeicesterTechnicaland.jpg

11_hawthorn_building_470x352.jpg

either that or there used to be two very similar buildings....

:unsure:

:doh: Smudge posted the pic. It was the 'Newarke St, Pocklingtons Walk' written underneath that threw me.

fucking smudge, what an amateur :giggle:

where were you actually thinking of, got a picture, was it where the court building is now?

fooking smudge, what an amateur :giggle:

where were you actually thinking of, got a picture, was it where the court building is now?

I thought the building on the corner of Newark St/ Pocklingtons Walk was still the old one.

I thought the building on the corner of Newark St/ Pocklingtons Walk was still the old one.

this is on the corner:

140832387_06c723f5b8.jpg

the opposite is the old leicester bank thing

but there must have been something where the court buildings now stand....?

n778544285_701794_2494.jpg

Haha, god no! It's a terrible building. I went there, it's like a prison with those tiny windows. And those tile like things on the outside made it look like an inside out public toilet. No matter how good or bad the school is, the building is a shithole.

Haha, god no! It's a terrible building. I went there, it's like a prison with those tiny windows. And those tile like things on the outside made it look like an inside out public toilet. No matter how good or bad the school is, the building is a shithole.

i went there too and i loved it, it was a brave design (that's not a euphemism for crap) better than the dull square boxes that get chucked up in a hurry these days.

i went there too and i loved it, it was a brave design (that's not a euphemism for crap) better than the dull square boxes that get chucked up in a hurry these days.

You must have gone when it was new and modern then, I went in the 90's when it was 20+ years old and feeling very tired. True it's a brave design, and better than some of the crap that goes up now days, but still, it's hideous. The Scottish Parliment is a brave design, it's still uglier than Gary McSheffrey.

aviary.jpg

Have to agree with you there.

Archived