Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name Of

The climb is just an awful song, thats the reason Joe didn't make top spot.

Had Simon Cowell stuck with the inital choice of winners song, Don't stop believing, sung by Joe on the show, he would have made number one easily.

Journey's original version made 9 in the chart, had Joe released a version of that instead, he would have stormed to the number one spot, well ahead of Rage regardless of the campaign.

Purely down to Simon Cowell choosing the wrong song, i bought Rage but not the climb, but i would have bought Don't stop believing had Joe sung it, as would tens of thousands of others in the country.

You surprise me Maddog, I thought a Miley Cyrus song would be right up your street mate. :thumbup:

At the end of the day money is money, not to mention all the other corporate companies who profited, itunes/amazon etc etc. :thumbup:

I don't get your point.

People will make money out of most things at Christmas, the fact that a few companies have made a bit of money out of a battle for no.1 is bit besides the point none of them have directly intended to, you say it was all Sony marketed from where I'm sitting Sony really haven't done shit, it's Simon Cowell and his X factor winner and a couple who were fed up with him being no.1 every year that are responsible for the hype.

I don't get your point.

People will make money out of most things at Christmas, the fact that a few companies have made a bit of money out of a battle for no.1 is bit besides the point none of them have directly intended to, you say it was all Sony marketed from where I'm sitting Sony really haven't done shit, it's Simon Cowell and his X factor winner and a couple who were fed up with him being no.1 every year that are responsible for the hype.

Your completely missing my point. I never said it was all Sony marketed in fact I didn't go into any details in regards to that. All I think is that Sony are blatantly going to help keep it in the media once they realised that a internet fad is going to be making them money hence why I said people were buying into Sony marketing. Do you think Sony saw this and thought oh well we could make a few quid here or, if we hype this up we can make a nice few thousand here. It's obvious their going to hype things up. But I didn't bother mentioning this as it's blindingly obvious.

Why your trying to argue me on this point I don't know because it's way off the point I was initially making in regards to the whole knocking x factor off number 1 and people looking at it as some sort of victory.

Yes Sony are a big company but the record label is a sole entity to their electronics side of things. I can assure you the people who run the Sony record label will be leeching as much money as possible out of this as major record labels are struggling big time and have been for the last few years. If you think they don't care then you're deluded.

Amazon were selling it at a loss.

Okay mr pedant I was just listing mp3 retailers as an example. But I made my point.

It's funny how people are picking out small irrelevant points or in Manwells case trying to take my point completely out of context.

Read my response to Finnegan. That's my stance on this whole shambles. Do yourselves a favour and read it and don't try and put words in my mouth. :)

I just worry about the future of music, I know this is pop music and it shouldn't be taken too seriously but pop music can mean something and push boundaries.

I'm concerned that the kids today see x factor as the only way to get a record deal, to become a clone and jumped up karaoke singer is the way forward?

And the record companies who are so obseesed with reality tv artists that they fail to see the talent out there and maybe the next lennon or lydon or strummer or gallagher may never get a chance.

This is my main concern.

But if you've got a pretty face and are not fat you can go a long way in pop music.

Well thats my dreams shattered :cry:

I just worry about the future of music, I know this is pop music and it shouldn't be taken too seriously but pop music can mean something and push boundaries.

I'm concerned that the kids today see x factor as the only way to get a record deal, to become a clone and jumped up karaoke singer is the way forward?

And the record companies who are so obseesed with reality tv artists that they fail to see the talent out there and maybe the next lennon or lydon or strummer or gallagher may never get a chance.

Never get a chance at what? At selling out and producing bland, corporate bollocks?

A record contract means little in this day and age, and never really did. It was a short-cut to being compromised: The Sex Pistols werre a manufactured cartoon band, The Clash spent their entire time with CBS being coerced into producing more radio-friendly sounds (while having the most stringent contract terms imposed upon them).

What everyone misses is that not everyone wants to listen to examples of artistic integrity. The industry serves a market which actually likes X-Factor contestants.

It is as if people are jealous of the fame these "celebrities" access rather than the critical acclaim and high volumes of sales.

I've long held that the business of sales is now secondary - revenues need to be made by bands touring and putting on quality shows, using free downloads to promote themselves.

The 'Charts' are an anachronism - the internet is the way forward. You want talent? Go download it then go see it.

Someone else wants to listen to bland pap? Let them.

Your completely missing my point. I never said it was all Sony marketed in fact I didn't go into any details in regards to that. All I think is that Sony are blatantly going to help keep it in the media once they realised that a internet fad is going to be making them money hence why I said people were buying into Sony marketing. Do you think Sony saw this and thought oh well we could make a few quid here or, if we hype this up we can make a nice few thousand here. It's obvious their going to hype things up. But I didn't bother mentioning this as it's blindingly obvious.

Why your trying to argue me on this point I don't know because it's way off the point I was initially making in regards to the whole knocking x factor off number 1 and people looking at it as some sort of victory.

Yes Sony are a big company but the record label is a sole entity to their electronics side of things. I can assure you the people who run the Sony record label will be leeching as much money as possible out of this as major record labels are struggling big time and have been for the last few years. If you think they don't care then you're deluded.

Okay mr pedant I was just listing mp3 retailers as an example. But I made my point.

It's funny how people are picking out small irrelevant points or in Manwells case trying to take my point completely out of context.

Read my response to Finnegan. That's my stance on this whole shambles. Do yourselves a favour and read it and don't try and put words in my mouth. :)

The fact is no statement has been made. All the suckers have bought into some very clever Sony marketing.

No, never said that :crylaugh:

As I said Sony haven't marketed at all, it's been hyped by the media, due to the fact that it's actually a half intersting story about reinstating a national insitution that's been ruined. They've not hyped anything it has been Simon Cowell and the couple on facebook as I said.

Besides Sony are completley besides the point the point was to stop the X Factor song getting to no.1 for the fifth year running as it's boring regardless of profit etc, a few companies made some money but then again so did a very good charity, can't see the problem myself

The fact is no statement has been made. All the suckers have bought into some very clever Sony marketing.

Bloody nora, please read before posting. :)

No, never said that :crylaugh:

As I said Sony haven't marketed at all, it's been hyped by the media, due to the fact that it's actually a half intersting story about reinstating a national insitution that's been ruined. They've not hyped anything it has been Simon Cowell and the couple on facebook as I said.

Besides Sony are completley besides the point the point was to stop the X Factor song getting to no.1 for the fifth year running as it's boring regardless of profit etc, a few companies made some money but then again so did a very good charity, can't see the problem myself

And enough about sony. That was one small point out of many which you seem happy to overlook.

that x-factor song's growing on me. i quite like it. but as you can't get it on cassingle i'll never be able to crouse down belgrave gate with it drifting out of my open windows. :(

I, for one, am truely heart broken at this news - another of my fantasies crushed :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

Pleased for Shelter.

Whether sony got the cash or not really isnt relevant, the important point out of this for me, is the change in power.

Before i was born, the Newspapers told us what to think, then the radio took charge, then TV obliterated them both and totally took over and guided my life.

Now the internet has stood up and been counted, i can comfortably rest knowing that all of my decisions will be influenced by the monkeys who own and run the internets most popular sites, or even better, i can be told what to think by a million people with an intellect lower than a cold night in the Antarctic.

Please Mr/Ms internet, tell me what to think now.

Archived