Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Kermorgant -His Penalty, His Video, His Life.

The thing that me and my mates were talking about on the drive home was how that moment was completely out of character of how our team has played throughout the season, we've got to where we are through sheer hard work and good honest football, he let all his team mates down in that split second. some of those lads had been running around for 2 hours doing everything they could for the cause, look at wellens he was physically drained and injured but wouldn't stop. Yann came on did F all and then F'ed it up. cheers mate, put your youtube video on a disc and **** off back to France

The thing that me and my mates were talking about on the drive home was how that moment was completely out of character of how our team has played throughout the season, we've got to where we are through sheer hard work and good honest football, he let all his team mates down in that split second. some of those lads had been running around for 2 hours doing everything they could for the cause, look at wellens he was physically drained and injured but wouldn't stop. Yann came on did F all and then F'ed it up. cheers mate, put your youtube video on a disc and **** off back to France

Piss off. All the comments I've seen you post, you bitching about one player or another. It's people like you that make are fans as fickle as they are.

Really dont understand this attitude that the reason he gave it a little chip was because he just couldn't really be fvcked with it or because he wanted to be the showman.

It's clear from the youtube videos that he's taken penalties like that a number of times before and scored. If someone asks you to take a penalty in a high pressure situation then surely you do what you're good at and what has worked best in the past.

Like every other player that took a penalty, he hit it like he did because he thought it was his best chance of scoring. His crime was just not putting enough power on it and that some people wanna fvcking hound him out the club for that is ridiculous.

Kermorgant is here for another 2 seasons, I think. He signed an extension, didn't he?

Let's be honest, taking into account some of the booing supporters, what would Kermorgant have to do to win them over? Score 20 goals? Score several world claass goals? Score a winning play off goal? I think only the latter is going to win fans over. If that's the case, he is in for a shit season.

One thing I will say, and I mean this with the best intentions, I really hope this thread comes back to bite some people on the arse.

Last day of the season. Goal needed for automatic promotion. 93rd minute. Then Kermorgant does this.

Pitch invasion. Kermorgant forgiven. Humble pie consumed by many.

How often does that kind of thing happen in football? :scarf:

He took a penalty in a way he was comfortable and confident with unfortunately he didn't execute it very well just like someone else might choose to place it in the corner but hit it wide.

I can't see the difference myself dunno.gif

It wasn't the first time he'd used this approach so I really don't see how it was cocky or arrogant.

With the goalkeeper well off his line any penalty taker would have been at a disadvantage and it was only a matter of an inch or two that enabled the save to be made.

Dont call me fickle, i never liked the bloke in the first place so it's not like i've turned my back on him after this incident. There's a difference between being fickle and critical. If i think someone is shit i'll say it, i've supported the team through thick and thin and i will do for the rest of my life, and if yann plays next year i wont boo him, i hope he comes back and makes me eat my words, i'd love nothing more than that.

Guest Mee-9

Dont call me fickle, i never liked the bloke in the first place so it's not like i've turned my back on him after this incident. There's a difference between being fickle and critical. If i think someone is shit i'll say it, i've supported the team through thick and thin and i will do for the rest of my life, and if yann plays next year i wont boo him, i hope he comes back and makes me eat my words, i'd love nothing more than that.

Fickle :P

How can you say you never liked the bloke in the first place, when he was just given 20minute cameo roles as a sub?

This thread confirms the moaning, pessimistic, languid and negative attitude of so many leicester city fans.

Stop looking for a scapegoat. There are so many what ifs...

What if Fryatt scored his goal in the first leg

What if Howard played

What if we played 4-4-2 on sunday

What if Cardiff didn't hit the post several times

What if Yann scored but we still lost

What if the ref put his glasses on

The guy made a mistake, it's hard to swallow but having the Leicester Mercury publically announcing he isn't welcome surely can't do the squad or the manager any good. They're distraught as it is, villifying one of them in what seems to be a closely nit group will not help us bounce back next season as ONE club.

What a sad and pathetic video, get behind your players and your team, he missed a penalty, it happens, get over it, and look forward to promotion next year. :thumbup:

You seem to be the only person on here not to find it funny. I'm a Cardiff fan btw.

Very funny, crucifying one of your own players like that!!! :dunno:

All need to let our frustration out one way or another - music is a good way of doing so :thumbup:

Just hope Yann doesn't have access to the internet ... :unsure:

Guest ttfn

I can't believe this thread is still going on. Kermorgant's an idiot, but he must be feeling terrible now. We've got to get behind him

I also can't believe how far Marshall was off his line when he saved it. It was going so slowly Webb must surely have seen that he wasn't on his line?

TBH the way he would turn me around straight away is if he took a penalty in a League game next season, and smashed it in.

But i doubt whether he will play enough, or at all, or be here, or be allowed to take one in a League game.

I will forgive him if he takes another pen and smashes it in. No fancy chips.

I think for his own sanity he's got to be given a second chance to take a penalty and score it. Then he and we can forget the 1st one.

Lets just forget about it and move on now, think of next season ! and im sure Yann will correct his wrongs ! he made a mistake everyone does, so lets concentrate on charging up the table next year and going up automatically !!

Normally keepers dive like salmons straight away to one side in pens anyway, i always say why doesn't he just roll it slowly down the middle.

Unfortunately Marshall didn't dive like a salmon this time. He had for the first 3 pens. He just fell on the floor and Kermo kicked it straight at him :giggle:

stop scapegoating him

There are several people we could blame:

Waghorn - missed a glorious chance on Wednesday when spearing pulled it across

Howard - Made a huge difference on Wednesday - who knows what would have happened if he didn't make that pointless, reckless challenge

Fryatt - Missed a one on one on Sunday then with gallagher and kermorgant in a position to roll it home if he cut it back to them he went for the cross to spearing but well over spearing's head

Dyer - To say he was ineffectual over the two legs is a massive understatement

Bruce & Hobbs - Poor communication ended up with chopra onside and through on goal for their opener on wednesday

Solano - Brilliant position for a free kick on sunday and so tamely struck straight into the keepers arms

Wellens - The amount of times he could have shot on sunday and instead bottled it and lost possession

Pearson - Playing 4-5-1 at home - so negative

Weale - as a keeper he decides the size and position of his wall and to have a 1 man wall against a free-kick in that position on sunday was suicidal.

IF the rumours are true then Brown - comments like that just before a key match do no good and will merely damage team morale

and thats before we even get to the officials:

Webb - If chopra had been sent off (as he should have done for that stamp on wellens or two bookings which he could have easily got the amount he dived) then the outcome of the penalty shoot-out could have been very different

The assistant on wednesday - Should have easily seen chopra was offside

Wiley - 2/3 blatent handballs and a failure to disipline bothroyd properly for a combination of a flying elbow, constant diving and pulling back berner - should have been two yellows for that combination at least

The assistant on Sunday - Should have been capable of spotting wittingham sneaking those yards which undoubtably played a part in the free kick going in

Maybe Marshall had been told that Kermorgant take penalties in the way he did which meant he was less likely to dive to one side, just a thought :dunno:

A lot of keepers do there now homework before a game and especially a game that could go to penalities, all Marshall had to do was put few players names in Youtube and he would of got Kermits peno's. Was weird how he didnt really dive but more just fell on his arse. Fair play anyways

A lot of keepers do there now homework before a game and especially a game that could go to penalities, all Marshall had to do was put few players names in Youtube and he would of got Kermits peno's. Was weird how he didnt really dive but more just fell on his arse. Fair play anyways

Post-match, Marshall said his coach told him just before the pens that Waghorn had a habit of going high and left of the keeper.

Both teams will have done all the research.

Post-match, Marshall said his coach told him just before the pens that Waghorn had a habit of going high and left of the keeper.

Both teams will have done all the research.

It's not hard is it. I was watching all Thierry Henry's goals for Arsenal yesterday, and pretty much every of his penalties was low in the left corner.

Problem is, if you're right footed it's easier to shoot to the left, both Howard and Solano did that. Berner is left footed so went to the right. Kermorgant is right footed, so I expect he wondered whether to do similar, blast it central, side foot to the right... then thought, "I know, I'll go for my usual chip".

It's done, it's over. He'll be practising penalties every day from now on. And if he's here next season, I'll take a tricolour down to the Walkers with his face on it with the words, "Je crois en toi!"

Archived