Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Kermorgant -His Penalty, His Video, His Life.

I thought the image of Kermorgant standing in the centre circle with his head in his hands before walking off down the tunnel, practically left to his own devices by the City staff, was as sad as the sight of Waghorn crying on the floor. Something about the City shirt. I thought it was horrible.

Definately the way I felt. I was gutted about the result but I was sad to see that nobody consoled him afterwards. He looked scared to go back to the changing rooms :(

I thought the image of Kermorgant standing in the centre circle with his head in his hands before walking off down the tunnel, practically left to his own devices by the City staff, was as sad as the sight of Waghorn crying on the floor. Something about the City shirt. I thought it was horrible.

He had been disowned. He was like a leper. Only Neilson went over to him. He must've felt like shite.

Guest Mee-9

Exactly how I felt too mate, the way no-one comforted him and he was just left with his hands on his head is distressing.

I know no one is going to know the answer, but do the Leicester players even like Kermorgant? I thought they probably disliked him a little until they celebrated his goal against Middlesbrough. Now, I'm unsure.

He had been disowned. He was like a leper. Only Neilson went over to him. He must've felt like shite.

It's been well documented how hard it's been for him to settle in. He lives in a hotel and his family moved back to France as they couldnt hack the change.

He doesnt speak much English, the fans were not too slow to get on his back and now he's made himself the most hated man in the City.

I for one don't hold a grudge. He screwed up, but he wont be the last player to do so.

After the Derby away game, I don't remember too many threads slating Chris Weale.

Some of the abuse (some racial) towards Yann on these boards and other City forums is an absolute disgrace. We all chant about the 'Leeds scum' and the Cov scum' etc, but for fans to be castigating an individual like this is well out of order.

After the game and in the morning after (once the hangover subsided), I was upset and disapointed not to be going to Wembley, but look, we finally have something to build on. Weale, Hobbs, Morrison, King, Gallagher and Fryatt are briming with talent and with a couple of additions, we could be challenging for the title next season.

The 3 teams that have come down are perhaps the weakest to come down for many years so I ask you, as a Leicester fan for many years, we've had our fun and we've pointed our finger, get off the guys back. He didn't miss it on purpose.

Guest Mee-9

I know no one is going to know the answer, but do the Leicester players even like Kermorgant? I thought they probably disliked him a little until they celebrated his goal against Middlesbrough. Now, I'm unsure.

To say he's disliked is a joke. I feel sorry for the guy now. All this anger thats going round about Kermorgant is foolish.

I didn't think he still lived in a hotel, thought he had moved here properly with his family.

I guess one positive is that if he cannot speak English properly, he won't understand many of the slaggings he's going to get!

Bang out of order. But I wouldnt expect anything else from the tossers at the Mercury.

Talentless journalism doesn't come close to covering how to describe them.

slow news day...

Ive felt no anger towards Yann to be honest... He made a decision, yes it was the wrong one, but we all make tremendous mistakes... This is no different.

slow news day...

Ive felt no anger towards Yann to be honest... He made a decision, yes it was the wrong one, but we all make tremendous mistakes... This is no different.

Exactly.

The fact that the had the grapefruits to step up and then try something like that tells me that he has ability we've just not seen it fully yet.

I can understand the frustration but in a penalty shoot out there are always heroes and there are always villains. It's a shame that we had the latter but it's no excuse to take him apart like this.

Exactly.

The fact that the had the grapefruits to step up and then try something like that tells me that he has ability we've just not seen it fully yet.

I can understand the frustration but in a penalty shoot out there are always heroes and there are always villains. It's a shame that we had the latter but it's no excuse to take him apart like this.

was looking at his goals on youtube earlier, and he has, yes has, dont that penalty before, and scored with it, this time he just did not connect with it aswel as he should have, so it werent a rushed decision, he was confident to take one, and it got saved. we move on and get on, with preparing for next season!

i've been saying all year this bloke is crap and it's the only issue I can't agree with pearson on, he brings nothing to our team, he set up a goal at scunny and scored against boro, 2 highlights in 27 games. and i dont care if he was a sub for a lot of those, waghorn was a sub until fryatt got injured and he was amazing. I never get on the back of a player but for him it really is necessary. he's potentially cost us a place in the premiership, and before people say it doesnt just come down to that moment, you might be right because i seem to remember him coming on in the first leg givin away a throw in then a free kick, which of course they scored from, the bloke's shite and the sooner he's out of our squad the better

Feel sorry for the guy now.

Can't understand why people think he was the only reason we lost.

I was hoping he will turn things around, but frankly, I don't think people are going to give him a chance.

We were lucky to be in the penalties.

Why is it alright for someone to post a link to that song on here but terrible for the Mercury to post one? I think some people are moaning for the sake of it.

First post I've made on the issue, calmed down a fair bit from when it happened, but for fook's sake it was an awful and completely stupid penalty. Prior success or not, a playoff semi-final which is level at the time is never the right place to try that sort of thing. I think even had it gone in, he'd have deservedly been lambasted, certainly by me anyway, because it's all too risky and has disaster written all over it.

I can only hope that in the changing room, the staff and the rest of the lads tried to talk to him and ensure he was ok. At the time I called him a **** and was glad everyone left him be, but on reflection that must've made him feel at least as bad as what the thousands of City fans in the ground and watching at home were feeling - and nobody deserves that, even Brainless Yann.

And for everyone saying that Bruce conceding the penalty at 3-1 is just as unforgivable as the penalty - errr, last time I checked, the play should have been stopped for an offside directly before the penalty was conceded? Yann's penalty was an unforced error of his own accord, not the product of horrendously incompetent officiating.

Anyway, if he's going to be here next season, people should give him a chance to atone for his error without completely shattering him. Won't happen though, unfortunately.

To be honest, i'm as heartbroken as anyone, but today I had a cardiac arrest assessment at work and I was shakey during that even tho I knew exactly what I was doing, to take a penalty like that in front of thousands upon thousands of people... I know I could never do that and i'm in no position to judge anyone put in that position.

First post I've made on the issue, calmed down a fair bit from when it happened, but for fook's sake it was an awful and completely stupid penalty. Prior success or not, a playoff semi-final which is level at the time is never the right place to try that sort of thing. I think even had it gone in, he'd have deservedly been lambasted, certainly by me anyway, because it's all too risky and has disaster written all over it.

I can only hope that in the changing room, the staff and the rest of the lads tried to talk to him and ensure he was ok. At the time I called him a **** and was glad everyone left him be, but on reflection that must've made him feel at least as bad as what the thousands of City fans in the ground and watching at home were feeling - and nobody deserves that, even Brainless Yann.

And for everyone saying that Bruce conceding the penalty at 3-1 is just as unforgivable as the penalty - errr, last time I checked, the play should have been stopped for an offside directly before the penalty was conceded? Yann's penalty was an unforced error of his own accord, not the product of horrendously incompetent officiating.

Anyway, if he's going to be here next season, people should give him a chance to atone for his error without completely shattering him. Won't happen though, unfortunately.

Completely agree.

At the time I was as shocked, and pretty angry tbf, as the next person at the way he took it, but its gone now. Nothing we can do about it. The only thing we can do now is get behind him to make up for his mistake, and hopefully he will do that. As you say though, this won't happen, most the twats at the Walkers will have a fun time booing and moaning at everything he does.

Chin up Yann.

i've been saying all year this bloke is crap and it's the only issue I can't agree with pearson on, he brings nothing to our team, he set up a goal at scunny and scored against boro, 2 highlights in 27 games. and i dont care if he was a sub for a lot of those, waghorn was a sub until fryatt got injured and he was amazing. I never get on the back of a player but for him it really is necessary. he's potentially cost us a place in the premiership, and before people say it doesnt just come down to that moment, you might be right because i seem to remember him coming on in the first leg givin away a throw in then a free kick, which of course they scored from, the bloke's shite and the sooner he's out of our squad the better

Im pretty sure it was Hobbs who set waggy through?

Yes, is he shit, makes Elvis Hammond look like Wayne Rooney.... Nonse.

Why is it alright for someone to post a link to that song on here but terrible for the Mercury to post one? I think some people are moaning for the sake of it.

There's a difference between a message board formed of fans sharing opinions, and one that's supposedly presented by a professional publication

Feel sorry for the bloke, really sorry, however he bought it on himself, why not keep it simple? If he'd have blasted it over the bar i'm sure some people would still have made the threads, i'm sure some people would still "hate him", i'm sure some people would still point the finger at him, but he'd have had alot more sympathy if he kept it simple hit it hard and if it went wide/over the bar/saved we'd all be gutted but he wouldn't have disappointed or left people questioning him, instead he tried to be cocky, clever, cheeky and failed tremendously.

I won't be booing him next season, but I have to question him and if he leaves during the summer or his contract is up (Which I think it may be? :dunno:) I wouldn't be too disappointed as i've not really seen much of him to suggest he is really that good and worth a place in our team, if he's still here next season by all means hope he proves us wrong and makes everyone who has slagged him off eat there words.

Archived