Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Kermorgant -His Penalty, His Video, His Life.

The simple fact is that regardless of anything else - he simply shouldn't have tried the chip.

If i was pearson and was watching player practice penalties - and people starting chipping them in - i'd give em a bollocking - i wouldn't want any of my players trying - even if they were good at it - it's just too risky.

To be honest, and I am sure that it's already been mentioned here, I think that it is telling that none of any of the playing staff went over to Kermorgant after the shoot out. Even the non playing staff who went over to him briefly after the final whistle seemed to barely be able to make eye contact with the lad.

I completely believe that there is no place for that showboat type of penalty at any time in football, but feel for the lad that he was left in the middle of a field in Wales without a friend in the world.

Pearson keeps telling us he see things in training from the guy, I am guessing that his penalty prowess is not one of the things that he'd seen.

In all fairness, if they practice penalties and he scores that type of kick every time, he was right to do it. He might feel better doing a chip than a blast.

I'd never try it, no way, but come on, players miss penalties - it was going to happen to someone. Unfortunately it was Kermorgant. I can't be angry with him, I feel too empty.

Yes, but that's in a no pressure environment. The thing with penalties is that they are always good if they go in. Whittingham hit his pen (during normal time) straight down the middle, if Weale stood still he would have kept it out and there would have been cries of "What a crap penalty". You could say Waghorn's was much better as it was in the corner, yet Whittinham scored and Waghorn missed. Penalty's are a lottery - end of.

My other examples have so many combinations? Picking up 3 darts and throwing them in the treble 20's is much more of a closed scenario than taking a penalty. It is an indoor 'sport' for one, and you're not up against anyone else, it's you and the board at that moment in time.

I agree with what you say about Whittinghams penalty and that it's a lottery and all that. But I do think that the snooker, cricket and darts comparison is a bit wrong.

I think that hitting 3 treble 20's requires alot more skill than taking a decent penalty. Terry Jenkins could score loads of penalties (couldn't play pro football though) but Steve Howard could probably not throw a 180. A batsman in cricket doesn't know where the ball is coming from before each shot so it is very random but a penalty taker knows exactly what he needs to do before he steps up. I think a penalty if taken correctly will hit the back of the net 9 times out of 10 no matter which keeper you are up against. Keepers always let in more than they save.

I think Waghorns penalty was the 1 time out of 10 that the keeper makes a good save but that Yanns was just a sloppy effort that Les Dennis would of saved.

People are too quick to forget about how someone plays, or what else they offer to the team. One penalty does not make a player.

Kermo's free kick earlier on in the match was well taken, shame the keeper got his hands to it.

How on earth can this man represent us at the world cup, glaring incompetence, especially when he made a point to the keepers before the shootout not to come off their lines. Having said that I doubt it would have made much difference to the outcome of that penalty.

Sorry but there's no point blaming pointing the blame at Webb. This always happens, this isn't exactly the first penalty shootout where the keeper's come off their line.

fook RIGHT OFF.

I hate the complacency of this ****, why the hell try that in such a situation???

What annoys me most is that he comes in at a vital moment and trys to be clever but in doing so ****s up the whole seasons worth of effort from our heroes like Weale and Hobbs. fook of Kermo.

Well said pal.

the fact hes been hammered in both national andd local press tells its own story..... will forever be rememberd as the clown that threw away the tie and rightly so.... MLS DIV 2 is calling Yann.better not be late

Another pretty sickening image which supports an idea a few had after the game that we couldn't have won this tie.

Sounds bitter but I personally thought Webb and his fellow officials favoured Cardiff to ensure that there was no repeat of scenes at Hillsborough or Burton. If the offside involved Man U, it would still be on SSN loop now.

And that's the naivety, arrogance and over-confidence about it which we despise.

If he's had success with it, why not try it?

He stopped for a split second before hitting it and nearly changed his mind, fatal error. It wouldn't have mattered how or where he hit it.

If he's had success with it, why not try it?

He stopped for a split second before hitting it and nearly changed his mind, fatal error. It wouldn't have mattered how or where he hit it.

Because there's so much more at stake in this match. As i've said before, keep it simple and don't try to be so cocky.

You know I have two thoughts about last night -

firstly, the worst mistake last night was Bruce giving away a penalty when the tie was won when Chopra was going well away from goal and he had no chance of getting near the ball - that was the worst mistake made

secondly, yes Kermo's penalty was awful - does he think he's Cantona? he plays for Leicester for ****s sake!! even us fans must admit players with the ability to neatly chip in penalties under that pressure are unlikely to be playing this far down the league!

Just way to much at stake to try it..how can anybody justify this???

If he blasts it over the bar/hits bar, etc then well poor pen but this was reckless thinking in such a huge shootout

Sounds bitter but I personally thought Webb and his fellow officials favoured Cardiff to ensure that there was no repeat of scenes at Hillsborough or Burton. If the offside involved Man U, it would still be on SSN loop now.

I know I'm the same about hating to sound bitter and I probably do but I honestly believe Webb was against us last night. 1st game Wiley was just a totally inept clown who had no clue (in reference to the handballs) but last night Webb bottled it.

I do concede obviously that Cardiff played the better football, created by far the better chances and certainly edged it but the sheer courage and desire we showed last night nobody would have begrudged us making Wembley, well maybe Dave Jones and that willy Chopra.

Archived