Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mmarkie

Yuki Abe

Meanwhile, a deal to bring Japanese international Yuki Abe to Leicester may be scuppered because of the rules over international clearance.

City have refused to comment on reports they have struck a deal with J-League side Urawa Reds to sign the 28-year-old defensive midfielder, but Reds general manager Koichi Hashiratani has been quoted by Kyodo News in Japan as saying a deal has been done and Abe is in England having a medical with City.

However, he said Abe, who has been capped 49 times by his country and who played in all four of Japan's World Cup games in South Africa, had not played the required number of games to receive international clearance, but was still confident the deal would go through.

"Having played in all four World Cup matches I think he will clear that hurdle," said Hashiratani.

Abe has not played the required 75 per cent of his country's games over the last two years to qualify for international clearance, but clubs can apply for special dispensation, as Manchester United did successfully over the signing of Mexican striker Javi Hernandez.

"I believe there is a new challenge waiting for me there and I'm hoping to finalise the move," said Abe.

His predicament mirrors the claims by Nigerian international Sani Kaita that he had agreed a move from Monaco to City but was denied international clearance to make his 'dream move' happen.

Sousa has stated publicly that players will be arriving at the club by the end of this week.

i know that wiki aint a good source but i was merely trawlin through the japanese football team to buy players on fm10 and abe is now showing as leicester city player.. i know wiki can be edited by anyone before everyone jumps on the band wagon just thort i`d say 8-)

next stop some young argentinian players plz

Archived