Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Team for Naaaaaaaaarch

we've got massive problems at the back for this game. I understand where the Morrison supporters are coming from but there is no way he can play after last night. Vitor suspended and Tunchev nowhere near ready I can't see any alternative to the awful Moreno, he can't play any worse than Morrison last night.

Berner is a pale shadow of last year but \kennedy doesn't seem trusted and we have no alternative to Robbie at right back as lamey is very poor.

Wellens has to start in midfield probably with Abe and King and any one else.

Waghorn has to play as a striker. 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 isn't working we need to play a tighter game and try a swamp the midfield or we will get another pasting.

I don't think his suspension starts til the Scunny game :dunno:

Far more exciting to predict the 7 subs....

Logan, King, Hobbs, Dyer, Fryatt, Waghorn, Gallagher.

Its about time the Ikeme bloke had a game, Moreno at CB, Chris Powell left back, Howard up front on his own, Nguessan middle of the park, Wellens on the wing.

Players who are going to run and fight their bollox off for the city even if it means being a bit direct and ignoring the manager's rule of pass 45 times before thinking about goal.

Howard gets too much shit on here. He tries.So does Wellens. Players with a brain would help - I guess Matty should be in from the start.

I dont think it matters who we play...I cant see us beating Norwich on Tues - Pearson has just had his first away win at Carrow Road this afto... 0-2 - I'd feel happier with him managing us there than the twat we have now

The one thing he has to do for Tuesday night is make sure there is Championship experience in the vital positions.

Therefore I would go;

Weale (please be fit)

Neilson

Hobbs

Morrison

Berner

Oakley

Wellens

King

Dyer

Fryatt

Gallacher

An experienced championship team with technical players who can attempt to play the Souza way.

The team are under pressure and need strong characters to try and turn the corner.

I've also suggested dropping Howard, as him being on the pitch gives us the big out ball, which doesnt work away from home, unless you get 2/3 players gambling off him, which we don't away from home.

So lets play Matty and get the ball on the deck.

GK 1 Tim Flowers

RB 3 Frank Sinclair

CB 18 Matt Elliott ©

CB 4 Gerry Taggart

LB 11 Steve Guppy

RM 6 Muzzy Izzet

CM 14 Robbie Savage

CM 7 Neil Lennon

LM 29 Stefan Oakes 77'

CF 9 Emile Heskey

CF 27 Tony Cottee 89'

Substitutes:

GK 22 Pegguy Arphexad

DF 15 Pontus Kåmark

MF 37 Theodoros Zagorakis

MF 24 Andy Impey 77'

FW 20 Ian Marshall

GK 1 Tim Flowers

RB 3 Frank Sinclair

CB 18 Matt Elliott ©

CB 4 Gerry Taggart

LB 11 Steve Guppy

RM 6 Muzzy Izzet

CM 14 Robbie Savage

CM 7 Neil Lennon

LM 29 Stefan Oakes 77'

CF 9 Emile Heskey

CF 27 Tony Cottee 89'

Substitutes:

GK 22 Pegguy Arphexad

DF 15 Pontus Kåmark

MF 37 Theodoros Zagorakis

MF 24 Andy Impey 77'

FW 20 Ian Marshall

Things will really get better :thumbup:

The fact is, we will stay 4-5-1/4-3-3. For me, Neilson and Oakley MUST be out of the side.

Weale/Logan

Lamey

Hobbs

Morrison

Berner

Gallagher

Abe

Wellens

King

Dyer

Waghorn

Lamey is average like Neilson and thats why (obviously) that is our main weakness purely. Wasn't it true NICKY ADAMS played at right back and impressed some time during Sousa's reign. He could do a better job and much quicker than these 'professionals.'

The truth of the matter is that in almost every position all the likely candidates for those positions have performed poorly at least once this season for every player you may choose someone will be able to say 'but they were crap there' for such and such a game.

It really is impossible to pick a team based purely of on form and consistent performances the most we can hope for is that what ever formation Sousa chooses he puts a round peg in a round hole.

The truth of the matter is that in almost every position all the likely candidates for those positions have performed poorly at least once this season for every player you may choose someone will be able to say 'but they were crap there' for such and such a game.

It really is impossible to pick a team based purely of on form and consistent performances the most we can hope for is that what ever formation Sousa chooses he puts a round peg in a round hole.

Oi Stop being so bloody sensible! Be like the others, Sack him now!!!!!!!! :cool:

Maybe I caught Neilson on a bad night but he looked much the same to me as last season - simply not good enough. I'd suggest Morrison for RB; he's not flavour of the month (rightly so), but he performed well there last season and is the most likely defender to pop up with the occasional goal. Playing in a less crucial position might bring his confidence back too.

I'm not against Howard, certainly as a plan B option to bring on late on, but I don't see how his style is consistent with Sousa's wish to play passing on the ground, In which case I'd go for 2 of Waggie/Fryatt/Gallagher up front.

In midfield I'd favour Dyer, Kingy and Abe, plus one other (Wellens, I guess), but not Oakley.

The problem for which I see no solution is centre back. Hobbs, yes, but we desperately need someone experienced and with body strength (Taggart-like, sigh) to complement him. Until Tunchev is fit I guess we just have to go with Vitor.

Whatever team is selected, the biggest problem is that we just don't know how they'll perform individually on the day, never mind as a team. Depressing, isn't it?

Lets try a Chelsea :scarf:

...............................GK. Weale

RB . Nielson CB . Hobbs CB . Morrison LB . Berner

CM . King ......CM . Abe...... CM . Wellens

.RF . Waghorn .... CF . Howard...... LF . Dyer

That's sort of how we are trying to play at the moment. Problem is Howard is so immobile that the opposition defence don't get pulled around the park, and just pick off the anything going forward to him. This means the team is constantly under pressure because the opposition constantly have the ball, and this in turn pushes Waghorn and Dyer deeper, leaving Howard isolated, and therefore any balls he does win go nowhere because he has no support. If we are to play this formation we need a striker in the centre prepared to move around the pitch, moving their defence and giving them something to think about, and allowing King and whoever the two wingers are to get up and run past him into the spaces created.

Can't you see after last night that we need to play 2 up front? If we try 4-3-3 it will end up being 4-5-1. That leaves the striker isolated.

fook the defence. Only Hobbs and Berner are good enough to play in a Leicester City starting 11 and even they are out of form. Morrison will be better at right back but he has to be dropped for now. So we have 2 defenders, maybe we could stretch it to 3 at the back.

That leaves:

Wellens Abe

Gallagher King Dyer

as our midfield and

Howard Waghorn

up front.

Or we could just have 4-4-2 - forget Abe and play a 4 of

Gallagher Wellens King Dyer

2 up front. Wellens should play. Hobbs is a must. Don't play Waghorn on the wing. This is all common sense Sousa.

That's sort of how we are trying to play at the moment. Problem is Howard is so immobile that the opposition defence don't get pulled around the park, and just pick off the anything going forward to him. This means the team is constantly under pressure because the opposition constantly have the ball, and this in turn pushes Waghorn and Dyer deeper, leaving Howard isolated, and therefore any balls he does win go nowhere because he has no support. If we are to play this formation we need a striker in the centre prepared to move around the pitch, moving their defence and giving them something to think about, and allowing King and whoever the two wingers are to get up and run past him into the spaces created.

Yea I see your point :thumbup:

So maybe put Howard in a AM role , holding up the ball and flicking it on and Waghorn and Dyer / Fryatt as the main forwads :unsure:

Yea I see your point :thumbup:

So maybe put Howard in a AM role , holding up the ball and flicking it on and Waghorn and Dyer / Fryatt as the main forwads :unsure:

Howard in midfield wouldn't work. he doesn't have the legs and isn't a good enough footballer. Also when you looking for a player to hold the ball up, you generally using the furthest player forward, who then either knocks the ball on to forward runners, turns and runs at the defence, or plays the ball back into midfield for someone to spread the play to one of the forward runners that have bombed on once the ball been held up. Playing in midfield he wouldn't be in position to perform this role, and when the striker is holding the ball up you looking for the AM to be one of the players running past (like King does for us, or Lampard does for Chelsea), well Howard can hardly run past himself can he. Also playing in midfield, even attacking, he would be expected to track back and defend when needed (doing that for 45 mins would kill Howard).

Lets try a Chelsea :scarf:

...............................GK. Weale

RB . Nielson CB . Hobbs CB . Morrison LB . Berner

CM . King ......CM . Abe...... CM . Wellens

.RF . Waghorn .... CF . Howard...... LF . Dyer

Howard only works in a 442

Waghorn doesn't play in the wide right role

Wellens is shit

Morrison should have a few weeks away from the game

Weale was still injured on Friday and what the fook has Logan done wrong in two games?

Archived