Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
J.Lisemore

Tevez basically is bored of football.

Footballers are allowed to be unhappy, yer know.

BTW, Benoît Assou-Ekotto also once said that he didn't enjoy playing football and he was only in it because of the money. He doesn't particularly like football very much.

"If I play football with my friends back in France, I can love football," he says. "But if I come to England, where I knew nobody and I didn't speak English … why did I come here? For a job. A career is only 10, 15 years. It's only a job. Yes, it's a good, good job and I don't say that I hate football but it's not my passion. [...] When I am at work I do my job 100%."
"I have a good feeling with [Aaron] Lennon and [Jermain] Defoe, more these two players but I have a feeling with everybody. I have a problem with nobody. But I have nobody on the phone, except [Adel] Taarabt, who is on loan at QPR and I know from Lens. I only call him. I don't call footballers in my team. I don't believe in friendships in football."

Assou-Ekotto said that when he was 26. Tevez is now 26. Maybe that's the mid-life crisis point for footballers. ;)

The Rumour Mill in The Guardian had a bit about Tevez, summed it up well.

Link

The Rumour Mill was unsurprised by yesterday's tabloid revelations that Carlos Tevez is fed up with life, with football and with his enforced absence from the Tevez family's Christmas celebrations on an annual basis. "I have been playing in England for five years, and I have not spent a single Christmas nor new year with my family," moaned the Manchester City striker, yearning for some quality time drunkenly bickering with assorted family members over whether to watch Ice Age: Licensed To Chill or the EastEnders Christmas special, instead of soberly bickering with Roberto Mancini in a dressing room containing lots of sweaty men drinking thirstily from plastic water bottles, Emmanuel Adebayor and the acrid menthol vapour of Deep Heat and dirty socks.

As predictable an option as it might be, the Rumour Mill's not about to tell Tevez to stop his snickering and go find himself a job flipping burgers or sweeping the factory floor in order to gain some much-needed perspective. After all, the man's only ever played football for a living and can be forgiven for getting sick of it. The Rumour Mill's pretty certain that if, instead of churning out half-baked transfer tell-all for spare pennies, our job involved lorrying back champagne and sleeping with lingerie models for seven hours a day, five days a week, there would ultimately come a point where we'd get sick of it, wake up one morning and say: "Y'know what? Shove your white gold jerobaum of Dom Perignon, that mound of YR sauce-saturated sarnies and those blonde triplets in the striking yet utterly feminine matching Karla Colletto Tricolor Twist bathing costumes – I'm going to the bowling alley."

But the Rumour Mill digresses. Having spent every Christmas for the last five years at home with its family, airing longheld grievances between gulps of enough cinnamon-tinged eggnog to sink a dreadnought battlecruiser, we are generously prepared to fill in for the spiky Argentinian and play as City's loan frontman in their matches at St James' Park and Eastlands over the festive period. In return, we expect Señor Tevez to hand over his £150,000 stipend for that particular week, as payment for our kindness. He'll get to spend a week finding out that Christmas spent snuggled in the bosom of one's family isn't the cosy, warmly-grinning, happy-clappy group hug he thinks it is, while the Rumour Mill gets to realise its boyhood dream of playing up front for a top-flight football club. It's a win-win situation. Particularly for fans of Newcastle United and Aston Villa.

Awww diddums. If he's that bored he should shut the fvck up whinging about it, get out and go home to his family. He could even play football for a team back home if he so wished such is his ability. Moaning willy puller.

If only it were that simple. Tevez could retire from football, but he's on a contract--one with extremely convoluted clauses, I'll assume, considering that a cabal of über-agents own his rights.

I can understand if Carlos Tevez is sick of being treated as a commodity, even if he is a very well-paid commodity.

Awww diddums. If he's that bored he should shut the fvck up whinging about it, get out and go home to his family. He could even play football for a team back home if he so wished such is his ability. Moaning willy puller.

:huh:

The News of the World interviewed him, asking him questions that lead to these answers which were then blown into a full on news story. It's not like he's standing on the rooftops of Manchester asking everyone to sympathise with him.

If he is missing his family so much, then why are they living apart?

He might be complaining how difficult it is to work a huge 3-4 hour day for a measley 150k a week... but what's he doing leaving his family behind?

Seems a bit silly really to choose the circumstances yourself and then complain about them....

If he is missing his family so much, then why are they living apart?

He might be complaining how difficult it is to work a huge 3-4 hour day for a measley 150k a week... but what's he doing leaving his family behind?

Seems a bit silly really to choose the circumstances yourself and then complain about them....

Let's say I could earn a huge wage working in Argentina - I would happily do it for several years and accumilate enough money so I could look after my family in the short and long term, doesn't mean I have to be happy for every minute of every day though.

I wouldn't expect my family to come and live with me in a foreign country - England may be home to us, but it isn't home to everyone.

To strip a guy of his feelings because he earns a certain wage or only works a certain amount of hours is frankly ludicrous

• 1 month later...

Let's say I could earn a huge wage working in Argentina - I would happily do it for several years and accumilate enough money so I could look after my family in the short and long term, doesn't mean I have to be happy for every minute of every day though.

I wouldn't expect my family to come and live with me in a foreign country - England may be home to us, but it isn't home to everyone.

To strip a guy of his feelings because he earns a certain wage or only works a certain amount of hours is frankly ludicrous

thats fine, but dont complain about being apart from your family if its totally your decision to be apart from them ya know?

rodney marsh said on the radio today that tevez was on £280,000 a week !!

When the owner of the club you play for is worth billions, you can get away with asking for a pay rise from £280,000.

He or his agent are clearly trying to maneuver a bigger contract. He hardly plays like a player who's supposedly unhappy.

I'm not so sure.

It's been reported numerous times since his move from South America that he misses his homeland, and his family, especially his daughters.

He's said in the past that he wants to return to Boca at his best, not when he's past it, or there for one final paycheck.

I want to return to Boca at my peak not as some fatso. Imagine if you cannot move theyd scream insults at you. If I return it will be to get stuck in and play!

Really wouldn't surprise me if he does actually leave for Argentina, don't think he'll move to another European club.

Let him go.

If a player doesn't want to play here, or play at all. Its his life, Man City shouldn't have rejected the transfer request. If his hearts not in the game, let him go.

Archived