Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
J.Lisemore

Tevez basically is bored of football.

Premier League - Tevez confirms: I want to leave City

Sun, 12 Dec 21:16:00 2010

Email

Print

Carlos Tevez has confirmed he wishes to leave Manchester City, calling the situation "regrettable" but insisting that his relationship has broken down with "certain executives and individuals at the club".

RELATED LINKS

Tevez transfer request rejected

City point finger at agent

Tevez has responded quickly to City's confirmation that they had turned down a transfer request from the Argentinian striker and hinted they would hold him to a contract that is not due to expire until 2014.

However, Tevez's mind is made up, as he outlined in a statement on Sunday evening.

"I can confirm I have handed a transfer request to the chairman of Manchester City Football Club," said the 26-year-old.

"Now I need to clear my head and think because this is an important part of my career.

"My feelings have not changed and it is regrettable that we have reached this situation.

"But it is something I have felt for some time and have spent many hours thinking this through."

Tevez revealed that he first asked to leave the Blues this summer but was talked out of taking such drastic action by long-time advisor Kia Joorabchian.

That the controversial Iranian businessman should now be singled out by City for their irritation only threatens to backfire on them, given Tevez is now fuming, his relationship with certain members of the Blues hierarchy now irretrievably damaged.

"I hugely resent the management's suggestions that I have been unduly influenced by others," said Tevez.

"I wanted to leave in the summer, but was convinced to return to the club. Sadly, my feelings have not changed.

"I am disappointed that the management should now see fit to try to portray the situation in another light.

"My relationship with certain executives and individuals at the club has broken down and is now beyond repair.

"I do not wish to expand on this at this stage. They know, because I have told them."

Tevez stressed that he bore no ill-will to manager Roberto Mancini, despite their touchline row during last week's win over Bolton.

He also thanked owner Sheikh Mansour for his understanding.

"I wish to clarify that I have no personal issue with the manager Roberto Mancini," he said.

"The owner has been very generous with what he has offered to me. I would like to thank Sheik Mansour for his understanding and support."

It has also been categorically denied that Tevez is refusing to play for the Blues, even though it is difficult to see how he could be considered for selection, as City claimed in their own statement earlier on Sunday.

"Carlos' current five-year contract has three-and-a-half years to run and he is the highest paid player at the Manchester City," said City's statement.

"We can also confirm that the (transfer) request has been rejected but this is both an unfortunate and unwelcome distraction.

"The door remains open for Carlos to be selected to play."

The striker is citing personal anguish at being apart from his two young daughters, who are back home in Argentina, as one of the reasons for his discontent.

However, whilst this situation is accurate, the club feel there are other forces at work, notably Joorabchian, whose once integral position at Eastlands no longer exists.

"The club remains disappointed by this situation and particularly with the actions of Carlos' representative," said the club.

"The written transfer request is in stark contrast to Carlos' stated position in both public and club contexts.

"Significantly, over recent months, the club has also received numerous requests from Carlos' representative to renegotiate and improve his playing contract as well as more recently a request to extend that contract by another year."

Tevez is due back from Tenerife on Tuesday and in theory could play against Juventus on Thursday.

In truth, it is hard to see how he could turn out for a club he has scored 40 goals for in just 60 appearances to become such an integral part of their Premier League title challenge.

Indeed, Tevez, who has spoken of retiring completely, could now find himself in the unique position of being loathed by both sides of Manchester given the manner in which he left United in 2009.

"Since signing for Manchester City, I have enjoyed playing for the supporters." he said.

"They have welcomed me to the club and I regret that it has come to this.

"They deserve success as reward for their passionate and patient support. The club is very fortunate to have supporters like these.

"Anybody who has watched me play for Manchester City cannot question my commitment and passion for the club whenever I have worn the shirt.

"I want to thank the supporters for making me welcome at Manchester City and hope they agree I have given my all for the club on the pitch."

Link

Clearly you have never visited Manchester Dave.

They have a road full of curry houses.

Man does not live by curry alone.

Man also needs empanadas and mate. And steak. Big fvck-off (falls apart in your mouth) steak that hasn't been pumped full of chemicals. And beautiful women. And views. And a sense of vibrancy. Give me Buenos Aires over Manchester, Sarandi over Salford any day.

The bloke doesn't need money, PL football is shit, the weather is crap, the city is full of slags and the food sucks arse. He has conflict at work and wakes up one morning to wonder what the hell he's doing there when he could be happy somewhere else.

If I were him I'd be phoning work with a croaky voice and making my excuses for the rest of the contract.

He has kids. His ex took the kids back to Argentina. He wants to see his kids. I buy that. Some of you clearly don't have kids.

Yes I can see you would want to make sure their future was secure financially, but the guy is minted beyond belief already, so I can see that once he has done that the desire not to miss their childhood would overule everything else.

Man also needs empanadas and mate. And steak. Big fvck-off (falls apart in your mouth) steak that hasn't been pumped full of chemicals. And beautiful women. And views. And a sense of vibrancy. Give me Buenos Aires over Manchester, Sarandi over Salford any day.

The bloke doesn't need money, PL football is shit, the weather is crap, the city is full of slags and the food sucks arse. He has conflict at work and wakes up one morning to wonder what the hell he's doing there when he could be happy somewhere else.

If I were him I'd be phoning work with a croaky voice and making my excuses for the rest of the contract.

It wasn't being entirely serious, I have spent more than my fair share of time in Machester and hated every single weekend of it.

If he is missing his family so much, then why are they living apart?

He might be complaining how difficult it is to work a huge 3-4 hour day for a measley 150k a week... but what's he doing leaving his family behind?

Seems a bit silly really to choose the circumstances yourself and then complain about them....

I know I'm a bit late, but it's because he's split from the mother of his children, and she lives in Argentina with them. He doesn't get a say in where she chooses to live.

Carlos Tevez withdraws Manchester City transfer request

Tevez appears to have resolved his issues with City's hierarchy

Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has withdrawn his transfer request after talks with the club.

The 26-year-old Argentine, who joined City in July 2009, said earlier this month that he wanted to leave after falling out with club officials.

But City said in a statement on Monday that Tevez has expressed his commitment to the club and will stay at Eastlands.

"Carlos and the club are keen to focus on the opportunities ahead and his contract remains unchanged," it said.

Manager Roberto Mancini added: "Carlos is a world-class player whose contribution since he joined the club has been invaluable.

"I am pleased that we are now able to focus on pure football matters and to be able to look forward to Carlos continuing to play a significant role in the club's progress."

City made Tevez the Premier League's best-paid player when he controversially moved to Eastlands from local rivals Manchester United on a five-year deal.

He made an instant impact, scoring 29 goals in his first campaign, and was made team captain by Mancini ahead of this season.

Despite scoring 10 times in 18 appearances so far this term, there had been reports of Tevez falling out with Mancini while he has also admitted to being homesick with his estranged wife and two young children living in Argentina.

His unhappiness came to a head on 12 December when he handed in a written transfer request and claimed his relations with "certain executives" at City had "broken down beyond repair".

City, in turn, criticised Tevez's long-time adviser Kia Joorabchian, describing his actions in relation to Tevez's situation as "disappointing".

Despite the conflict seemingly becoming increasingly acrimonious, Mancini expressed his hope that Tevez would stay, while City's football administrator Brian Marwood said he expected the player to see out his contract, which runs to July 2014.

It seems Tevez, who always insisted he would remain available for selection, has now resolved his issues - for the time being at least.

He is now expected to play in the Premier League home match against Everton on Monday, potentially still as captain. City could go top if they win.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/9306875.stm

What are you even on about? Manchester is fooking awesome!! :beer:

This is mental. Can't have been too homesick after all.

What a prized cvnt.

Sheikh Mansour and his Arab mates are paying his obscene wages, so if Tevez wanted to squeeze more money out of those blood-suckers then he should go ahead and do it. Without Tevez, Man City are half the team. They need him more than Tevez needs them.

If I was a footballer, I would be a mercenary cunt.

How has it?

I think it sucks a whole collection of arses.

Oh well, each to their own :)

Am i correct in saying that despite him being in England for 5 years or so, he can barely utter a sentence in English? If that is true, no wonder he has had major problems in terms of personal contentment if thats the case, especially as those who can speak Spanish in this country are extremely rare...

Wouldn't surprise me at all to still see him (and Rooney for that matter) sold next summer...

Am i correct in saying that despite him being in England for 5 years or so, he can barely utter a sentence in English? If that is true, no wonder he has had major problems in terms of personal contentment if thats the case, especially as those who can speak Spanish in this country are extremely rare...

Wouldn't surprise me at all to still see him (and Rooney for that matter) sold next summer...

Despite being born in the country you see examples of graduates who are unable to write using correct grammar on this forum. English footballers display their atrocious diction in every interview.

How well did Gascoigne develop his command of Italian? Sousa's press interviews remained barely comprehensible to me. My point is that (having no knowledge of Tevez's grasp) English is a mighty difficult language to learn if you are clever - and footy players are renown for their smarts.

And I think you're right, I can see both of them going out the door too.

I am pretty sure money will be involved somewhere..increase in wages on his current deal

Well, apart from the announcement from City that his contract remains as it was.

So he wasn't being a mercenary cvnt then, was he.

Archived