Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
J.Lisemore

Tevez basically is bored of football.

Whether you're on £6 an hour or £150k a week, if you aren't enjoying your job you should walk away. He'll be a millionaire several times over so could walk away tomorrow and with some clever investments, make a very comfortable future for his family.

Life as a footballer seems glamorous to us fans, but living with the reality may not be quite the same for some players. I actually say fair play to Tevez for being so honest.

Awww diddums. If he's that bored he should shut the fvck up whinging about it, get out and go home to his family. He could even play football for a team back home if he so wished such is his ability. Moaning willy puller.

Guest BlueBrett

If it is ok for 'normal' people to whinge about their job why isn't it ok for Tevez? At the end of the day being a pro footballer is all he has known and if he is fed up why should he pretend otherwise? Just because people are jealous about the financial rewards or the perceived glamorous lifestyle that comes with being a footballer it doesn't mean they are entitled to demand that footballers constantly walk around grinning like idiots or composing eulogies about the joys and beauty of life on earth. He is under huge pressure week in week out and forced to stick to a training/conditioning routine with practically military discipline. That kind of existence could easily grate on anybody, particularly if they lose sight of why they are actually doing it. Tevez doesn't owe anyone anything. We are not doing him a favour by watching him play each week or by celebrating when he scores a goal, we do it because we enjoy it and we wouldn't do it if we didn't. Why then should he do anything if his heart isn't in it and what right does anybody have to call him spoilt of selfish? He has as much right to complain about his job as anybody else.

Guest BlueBrett
To be honest if a Leicester player felt this way, I as a fan would prefer to him to walk away rather than play for the sake of it.

That's just me though.

I can see where you are coming from but if every time somebody became disillusioned with their job they just quit the world wouldn't go round quite the same.

And I'm not sure that you could stand by your conviction in real life. If Leicester had a striker banging in 35 goals a season would you seriously want him to leave just because he was a miserable bugger? I think the head would wipe the floor with the heart in this particular dilemma.

The travelling alone would do my head in.

Not much really in the prem and when they do go larger distances its pretty luxurious. Having been lucky enough to travel 1st class I can tell you its pretty great.

No problem with his complaining but you can hardly compare his complaints to those of the working classes.

Not much really in the prem and when they do go larger distances its pretty luxurious. Having been lucky enough to travel 1st class I can tell you its pretty great.

No problem with his complaining but you can hardly compare his complaints to those of the working classes.

Because missing your home and your family doesn't count to people who earn over a cetrain wage...

If he's missing his family then he should play for a club nearer to home, if he chooses not to presumably for the money/fame then he shouldn't really complain. It's not as if he's not talented enough to find an alternative club. Plenty of people are forced to work away from home hardly seeing their families due to the lack of alternative jobs and considerably lower incomes.

I'd be more sympathetic if he was just bored with the whole football circus but surely he has the choice where his family is concerned he's not forced to play in the English PL.

If he's missing his family then he should play for a club nearer to home, if he chooses not to presumably for the money/fame then he shouldn't really complain. It's not as if he's not talented enough to find an alternative club. Plenty of people are forced to work away from home hardly seeing their families due to the lack of alternative jobs and considerably lower incomes.

I'd be more sympathetic if he was just bored with the whole football circus but surely he has the choice where his family is concerned he's not forced to play in the English PL.

How lovely it would be to be able to jack in your career and live a comfortable life with your family!!

No problem with his complaining but you can hardly compare his complaints to those of the working classes anyone who actually works for a living.

It's still time away from the wife and kids.

Definitely agree with this though.

How lovely it would be to be able to jack in your career and live a comfortable life with your family!!

Precisely. Fact is he can afford the luxury of just quitting if he wants, in most walks of life that wouldn't be true

I'm a bit bored of it too

Surely at least the turnover of managers is enough to sustain your interest as a Leicester fan?? :P

Fair play to him. As someone said, no matter how much you're earning, if you're not happy in your job then you will lose the passion and the drive to go everyday.

I can see his point about being away from his wife and children, I am sure he'd much rather be with his family than preparing for Newcastle away on Boxing Day.

Fair play to him. As someone said, no matter how much you're earning, if you're not happy in your job then you will lose the passion and the drive to go everyday.

I can see his point about being away from his wife and children, I am sure he'd much rather be with his family than preparing for Newcastle away on Boxing Day.

Well of course, but there are few jobs that you can have that allow you time to spend with your kids. He's just stating the obvious, not sure why he should be praised for that.

Maybe he should call it quits and be a stay at home dad.

Whether you're on £6 an hour or £150k a week, if you aren't enjoying your job you should walk away. He'll be a millionaire several times over so could walk away tomorrow and with some clever investments, make a very comfortable future for his family.

Life as a footballer seems glamorous to us fans, but living with the reality may not be quite the same for some players. I actually say fair play to Tevez for being so honest.

I often thought that. The constant training, constant matches, pressure to perform from thousands of people, risk of horrible injury. Even when the season ends they hardly get any time off.

It's just a constant slog and if money doesnt mean that much to you and you're not in love with the game it must be a pretty shitty life at times.

Having said that, we all work our socks off year round too for a pittance of what he earns.

Archived