Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Bands You Only Started Liking Years after They First Began

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just started getting into The Rolling Stones. I actually saw them live a few years ago at Twickenham, but didn't like them then.

Now i really like their stuff, but their older stuff as their new stuff is pretty awful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kraftwerk-Didn't get into them till my mate played me the Computer World album. The same mate went off Gary Numan in the mid 80s, i've just got him back into it with all Numans new industrial rock. Queens of the Stone Age-Knew of them from the Gran Turismo 4 jukebox but didn't get into them till the 2010 festivals. NIN-Wasn't particularly interested till Numan played Closer on the radio. That got me hooked. OMD-Didn't like them till their History of Modern album. LCD Soundsystem-Got into them through the coverage of Reading/Leeds 2010. I could add Marilyn Manson to that list but i'm not wild about his stuff. If he toned down the shock factor he'd be superb

Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin, amongst others,

I really feel I wouldn't get the same enjoyment out of discovering an old band now as I did 10-15 years ago, I used to scour record fairs and places like Rock-a-boom and the Left Legged Pineapple for some of their earlier albums, and it was always exciting to find one I hadn't heard before, or even 2 and then have to decide where to spend my hard earned money. Then run home and get it on my cd player and spend 45 minutes doing nothing but listen to the album from start to finish.

Now-a-days I would just download the whole back catalogue stick it on my computer while I browse a few other sites, do a few other things, drift in and out of the music and generally let it wash over me rather than take it in.

The replacements

Quality band. :thumbup:

I'm still not sure about the criteria though. Is this bands that you didn't like at first and then came to realise their genius (can't think of any), or simply bands that you were unaware of for years and then later discovered (loads of these)?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived