Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Bands You Only Started Liking Years after They First Began

Most of the ones I started liking years after they began are bands and singers who were around before I was born or very young... Neil Young, Beach Boys, Jimmi Hendrix, Johnny Cash. So not sure that they really qualify. Then there's Tom Waits, whom I love, but was around in the 70s, but has still being producing music into my years of musical awakening (late teens.) One of the best male singers ever.

Having said that I'm always finding stuff that's new to ME, but might have been around for years. I'm guessing what you're actually saying is stuff that you knew about, diregarded, but as you got older, started to like. Not really anything leaps out at me in that catorgary though.

Where are they? Haven't heard anything about them for years.

Third album was due for release last month. However they decided to go back in to the studio to work on it more in June, and the record label was going through 'uncertain times' apparently.

And I've just realised the band We Are The Fallen are formed partially by 3 members of Evanescence.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Deep Purple and Black Sabbath.

Never really listened to either but thought i'd give them a go recently. Very much like both now.

I should have tried them earlier in life, baring in mind i love my old rock/metal music/bands.

It's strange when you find a band of whom you have heard many songs but you never actually knew who they were. This happened to me yesterday with the band Crowded House. Know many of their songs but didn't realise it was them until yesterday. Now i can't get enough. Really good band. :thumbup:

Crowded House Truely such an amasing band i feel privelleded to have seen the finn brothers play crowded house songs a charity gig with 60,000 fans. :wub:

Crowded House Truely such an amasing band i feel privelleded to have seen the finn brothers play crowded house songs a charity gig with 60,000 fans. :wub:

Wow mate, bet that was amazing. Really like them now. Shame i didn't get into them earlier. Current fave of theirs is So Strong.

The National. Didn't discover them until the release of 'High Violet' last year. Everyone was bumming them, so i thought i'd give it a go.. 'High Violet' is amazing but 'Boxer' and 'Alligator' are even better. Brilliant band.

The National. Didn't discover them until the release of 'High Violet' last year. Everyone was bumming them, so i thought i'd give it a go.. 'High Violet' is amazing but 'Boxer' and 'Alligator' are even better. Brilliant band.

Never heard of them. Should i have? :unsure:

Never heard of them. Should i have? :unsure:

I dunno if they're big in the UK, but in Denmark they're quite big.. Check YouTube for: Apartment Story, Karen, Looking for Astronauts, Mr.November, Afraid of Everyone, Sorrow. Those are my fave at the moment :)

Wow mate, bet that was amazing. Really like them now. Shame i didn't get into them earlier. Current fave of theirs is So Strong.

Liam Finn was just meant to play then next thing we know he is on stage and then Neil and Tim Finn come out and the crowd just went spastic best surprise ever. It started to bucket down with rain and every one just linked arms and started singing there songs together. Unbloody belivable

You can just hear the crowd singing along in the background amazing. Also if you can get your hands on there "farewell" concert at the opera house on dvd it is well worth getting it they estimate there was 250,000 people there by memory it was another charity gig they played.

Only started listening to Kings of Leon a couple of years ago, shortly before Sex on Fire and all that. Thought Only By The Night was a great album but love Youth And Young Manhood and Aha, Shake, Hearbreak even more. Top, top albums.

Bruce Springsteen. Went to a gig at Old Trafford CC with my rents when I was about 13. Sulked the whole time (obviously) because it was old people music even though looking back I remember it being pretty cool (had to keep shtum and save face though didn't I?). Best rock and roll musician I've ever heard. Incredible talent but the most striking thing is his presence, energy and passion for something he clearly lives for. I'm 21 now and saw him in Hyde Park at Hard Rock Calling a couple of summers ago with some mates and it was amazing. 80,000 odd people and we managed to get pretty near the front, sensational.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Heard a cracking cover of The White Lies unfinished business covered by Mumford and sons then i've realised i've had the White Lies album on my ipod for over 6 months and not realised now playing it continusly and loving it as well as there new album now.

Archived