Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

What does 'Gallagher is the best technical player' actually mean?

Always wondered what this meant. What makes Xavi, Iniesta etc better "technical" players than Gerrard, Lampard etc?

Is it to do with touch? Because surely a great level of technique is required to score regularly from 25 yards plus?

Guest BlueBrett

Marvellous! I can see it now. Her name is Michelle Rodriguez or something like that. Didnt post it for any specific reason it was just one of the first pics I came across for my lesson.

You lot will rue the day you taught me this in a couple of weeks :P

Guest BlueBrett

Why do you think I was so keen to learn?

I'm sure I'll be able to find a few images that illustrate the dangers of same sex adoption too ;)

The disappearence of white dog poo is down to what dogs eat these days.

White **** is the calcium left behind as the water evaporates, and the 'organic' components of the crap are consumed (in various ways) leaving the inorganic stuff behind.

Historically, before BSE came along, butchers used to dish out bones for dogs to munch on.

But nowadays dogs don't eat as much bone as they used to, including bone meal. This all got the lid shoved on it due to the BSE crisis. Also, tighter regulation on dogs crapping on pavements means that turds don't hang around for years in public places like they used to, giving them less opportunity to dry out and turn white.

:thumbup:

Basically because dogfood used to have potash in it. Now banned. :thumbup:

Marvellous! I can see it now. Her name is Michelle Rodriguez or something like that. Didnt post it for any specific reason it was just one of the first pics I came across for my lesson.

You lot will rue the day you taught me this in a couple of weeks :P

Ahhh, she is the bird from Lost and Avatar. Thought i recognised her.

interesting question.

animals use excess energy from food to grow so the bone, leather, fat etc. you mentioned is, in a way, made from grass.

Not all of the grass can be used, cellulose can only be broken down by a specific enzyme, not present in most creatures (in fact i think it's only in a couple of types of bacteria) but the starch, glucose, proteins, lipids etc, can be broken down and are used to make new organelles in mitosis.

So, in theory, with energy these could be used to make new cells and so tissues, organs etc. producing the meat, bone, leather and horn and other parts of the cow.

I doubt we could make all those straight from grass as there would be no cells containing cow dna to replicate and form the skin, the muscles, the bones and horn, not to mention organs - they can be of use as well.

However it may be possible, if you isolate skin cells, muscle cells, etc. to grow new tissues (the way they do with stem cells and skin grafts, new pancreas tissue etc. in medicine nowdays) and produce leather, meat etc.

thanks for that LA :thumbup::D

i hope i'm not giving you headaches or keeping you awake with my weirdo questions :)

sometimes when i try to think about it , i'm just astounded by what i can only describe as the miracles of nature and it's interesting to me to hear others thoughts

Edited by Zingari

how long's a piece of string?

yes indeed :)

but people use the phrase "how long's a piece of string?" when they wish to convey an unknown quantity , whereas the phrase " in the foreseeable future " is used with the expectancy that we all know what that period of time is .

politicians use it all the time but never tell us what it is

the foreseeable future cannot be more than a matter of hours , otherwise i could be a lottery winner next week . :)

what i'm basically asking is ,

is there such a thing as " the foreseeable future , or is it just a getout to be evasive ? :)

yes indeed :)

but people use the phrase "how long's a piece of string?" when they wish to convey an unknown quantity , whereas the phrase " in the foreseeable future " is used with the expectancy that we all know what that period of time is .

politicians use it all the time but never tell us what it is

the foreseeable future cannot be more than a matter of hours , otherwise i could be a lottery winner next week . :)

what i'm basically asking is ,

is there such a thing as " the foreseeable future , or is it just a getout to be evasive ? :)

well i think there is sort of such a thing as the foreseeable future, in that we can plan forward for a certain time period, e.g. budgeting at the start of a month.

However we can't truly see the future becuase of the number of variables in our lifes and the way on decision could completely change your future, such as deciding to play the lottery one week, when you usually don't and then winning the lottery.

The foreseeable future can never be defined as, based on my opinion in the first sentence, it all varies depending on how foward thinking an individual is, whether he/she tends to live in the moment or not. I would say, although in a way it could exist, it is just used as a getout to avoid commiting to anything since you can manipulate the length of "the foreseeable future" to suit your needs.

well i think there is sort of such a thing as the foreseeable future, in that we can plan forward for a certain time period, e.g. budgeting at the start of a month.

However we can't truly see the future becuase of the number of variables in our lifes and the way on decision could completely change your future, such as deciding to play the lottery one week, when you usually don't and then winning the lottery.

The foreseeable future can never be defined as, based on my opinion in the first sentence, it all varies depending on how foward thinking an individual is, whether he/she tends to live in the moment or not. I would say, although in a way it could exist, it is just used as a getout to avoid commiting to anything since you can manipulate the length of "the foreseeable future" to suit your needs.

Bloody hell LA, you took the words right out of my mouth again, just like you did with zingari's questions about trees and cows!!