Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

When a recipe calls for a 'sprig' of thyme, exactly how big is a 'sprig'? When does a sprig become a bunch? :unsure:

I looked it up and got...

Sprig is a character from the Grey Griffins, written by Derek Benz and J. S. Lewis. Sprig is a mysterious shape-shifting spriggan, whose motives are unknown. ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprig

Don't think thats quite what you're looking for, or in the time frame your after - but suffice to say the term Sprig is not an exact measurement, it's another way of saying bit - seasoning tends to be either to taste or appearence. You'll generally know when you've got the balance right.

When you go to meet relatives, either regularly or not, why do they say 'oh you've grown!'?

Isn't that part of how a human is meant to develop??

it's called tact :thumbup:

it's better than saying " you're getting to be a right fat bastrad "

common philosophical question :

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound?

Most basic answer:

No, because the definition of sound is "something that you hear." No one's there to hear the tree fall, so the tree doesn't make a sound.

ok then :

if a tree is standing in a forest and no one is around to see it , is it still green ?

if the fruit of a tree rots in the forest ,and no-one is around to smell it , does it still smell ?

if fruits of a tree aren't tasted does this mean they have no taste ?

if no one rubs their hands along the rough bark of a tree , does this mean that the tree has no tactile quality ?

my real question is

why is the sound of a falling tree always used in this discussion , not any of the other senses ?

common philosophical question :

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound?

Yes it still makes a sound because some bird, fox, vole, rabbit, badger or mouse always hears it. Not sure about the insects as I don't know if they have ears.

Yes it still makes a sound because some bird, fox, vole, rabbit, badger or mouse always hears it. Not sure about the insects as I don't know if they have ears.

They do......on their legs

* This is a cue for me to be asked which insects have ears on their legs and to be answered by me thus gaining me my first answer of this thread*

Once again, a question regarding our little moggy friends- Dogs

Why the hell don't the dog food manufacturers actually make a tasty dog food that tasted like the human food so the dogs will stick to eating them rather than being obessed with pestering their owners for the human food?