Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

No theories can ever be 'proven'.

Only falsified ;)

:D

i'l try and re phrase it

is it true that "in theory " scientists could postulate that bees are incapable of flight ?

or maybe , what i mean is ,

is it true that by accepted aerodynamic principals , a bumble bee should be incapable of flight ? or is it a complete myth that bees defy the laws of aerodynmics ?

still not sure if i've made myself understood :P

i'l try and re phrase it

is it true that "in theory " scientists could postulate that bees are incapable of flight ?

is it true that by accepted aerodynamic principals , a bumble bee should be incapable of flight ? or is it a complete myth that bees defy the laws of aerodynmics ?

The first question seems better. Although can anything ever be 100% true? I'm being an awkward mother-fucker today :P

The first question seems better. Although can anything ever be 100% true? I'm being an awkward mother-****er today :P

yes.

anyway zingari, the scientists can postulate all they like, the flight of a bee does not defy the laws of physics.

Try to apply a basic equation from aeronautics to the flight of a bee. The equation relates the thrust needed for an object to fly to it's mass and wing surface area and when applied to a bee gives an extremely high value - a rate of work impossible for a creature the size of a bee, so that would suggest that bees "cannot fly".

But that equation assumes the wings are stationary, whereas bee wings are in motion - making the equation completely useless and misleading in this case.

is it true that scientists can "prove" that theoretically bumble bees can't fly ?

If this was true, then are they meant to have thin fishing line on the wings and be controlled by the Queen bee like a puppet?

bumble_bee.png

Buzzzz fooking Buzzzz.

No.Russell Grant is.

I think i can remember Dennis Pennis waiting for Russell Grant on the red carpet and saying "can you read palms?"

Russell Grant said "yes"

Dennis Pennis had. you are a fat c**t. written on his hand. :crylaugh:

If he had only one name, he would have been bullied so badly.

lol, just googled him and realised it wasn't a real person.

Edited by Mee

i'l try and re phrase it

Would you say this is a bit along the lines of the "fish don't actually exist theory" that was postured on QI I think?

There are two ladies in my living room. Which one is going to make me a cup of tea?

There are many contributing factors which could happen.

You have to weigh up the pros. For example, Bra size vs Bra size. If you, by accident, drop spoon on the floor, half a foot away from you, and she bends down and gets it, you do want a very nice 'downwards' luck.

Then you have to see about their personalities, if one is a bitch, she may be feisty when the night draws out, but the nice one may be more suttle with certain objects when the night draws out.

Then you have to think who will make the better cup of tea. Also, makes sure the milk doesn't taste 'off' :whistle: