Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jamesmilner

Hull go above us !

I didnt think Hull would be the most dangerous threat to us, and I still dont, but they will probably come above us.

Pearson has them playing his way now. They dont always score many, but they wont let many in either, so the worst result they wil get is nil nil. That style of play doesnt work all the time obviously, but it effective away from home, which is why they are unbeaten away fro a while.

He has organised them, got the working from the back like he did here. Whilst we have a good set of players, not necessarily a good team. Why? Because Sven isnt the greatest tactically.

What's his ratio taking away league one goals? Not that good.

24 goals in 122 games, ratio of 1 every 5 games.

edit: If you want further proof he only performed under pearson for us, his record without pearson as manager is 13 goals in 95 games, a ratio of 1 every 7.3 games

No, not bad, until you take into account that, by your reckoning, I don't know the actual numbers, near enough half the goals he scored for us were in league 1.

Sven is looking upwards, so relying on a league 1 striker to get you into, and keep you in the best league in the world is never going to work.

And finally, as I won't be coming into ANY shitty Fryatt thread again - more than half the teams in the league in January could have been a threat to our promotion push. Get over it, and start supporting the lads actually in the ****ing shirts.

As Leicester's not in Spain, I think it would have taken a little more than that.. lol

But you're right about Fryatt. He's moved on - we should do likewise.

As Leicester's not in Spain, I think it would have taken a little more than that.. lol

But you're right about Fryatt. He's moved on - we should do likewise.

Haha, matter of debate I suppose, IMO the Premiership is better than any other European league, but each to their own ;)

24 goals in 122 games, ratio of 1 every 5 games.

edit: If you want further proof he only performed under pearson for us, his record without pearson as manager is 13 goals in 95 games, a ratio of 1 every 7.3 games

STATTO STATTO!!!!! :D

It was quite obvious given the right enviroment service and backing Fryatt would score goals in this division, pretty much everyone knew that. We have Yakky 5 bellys now though so no worries.

Mr Fryatt was also spotted on a night out in Sheffield recently and as anyone with half a brain could work out anyway, he apaprently left for one reason and that was because he was not wanted at Leicester and he wanted to play football.

Please prove to me who did and did not make permanent offers for Fryatt... What's that, you can't?

I didn't say anything about whether the interest was permanent or loans. So I don't have to prove anything.

The following article shows that other teams were interested in fryatt and also mentions fans concern about selling a player to a rival team.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/news/clubs-bidding-clinch-loan-deal-Leicester-City-striker-Matty-Fryatt/article-2934777-detail/article.html

I didn't say anything about whether the interest was permanent or loans. So I don't have to prove anything.

The following article shows that other teams were interested in fryatt and also mentions fans concern about selling a player to a rival team.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/news/clubs-bidding-clinch-loan-deal-Leicester-City-striker-Matty-Fryatt/article-2934777-detail/article.html

Rumoured clubs, brilliant. He wanted to go with Pearson and they were prepared to offer good money for him.

You're hilarious, I'm guessing you're trying to support your point but the other teams mentioned are Forest, Reading and Swansea. Direct rivals. But no, you just go ahead and ignore that. lol

Rumoured clubs, brilliant. He wanted to go with Pearson and they were prepared to offer good money for him.

You're hilarious, I'm guessing you're trying to support your point but the other teams mentioned are Forest, Reading and Swansea. Direct rivals. But no, you just go ahead and ignore that. lol

Basically haydos im starting to get the idea. As long as I agree with you/sven I'm ok. If I have a different opinion to you then I will receive a comment back that has a perfect blend of smugness and condescension. Well done.

Basically haydos im starting to get the idea. As long as I agree with you/sven I'm ok. If I have a different opinion to you then I will receive a comment back that has a perfect blend of smugness and condescension. Well done.

You have not argued your point once. Look, you've just posted a link which completely highlights the fact that selling him to someone who wasn't a 'rival' was difficult.

Please tell me how i'm being smug or condescending. None of your points have had any solidity to them.

Ps. I asked in a previous post what your actual opinion is?

You have not argued your point once. Look, you've just posted a link which completely highlights the fact that selling him to someone who wasn't a 'rival' was difficult.

Please tell me how i'm being smug or condescending. None of your points have had any solidity to them.

My main point since my involvement in this thread has been that we shouldn't sell or loan to a rival playoff team. Particularly after dj scored key goals that got Blackpool up last year. Why is that not a 'solid' point as you put it? My opinion, as requested, is that fryatt should not have been sold whether he wanted to go or not and whether we'd signed yak or not. At worse he was a good alternate off the bench. City aren't bothered about balancing the books at the moment so keeping him would've prevented key match winning goals being scored for hull. I've answered your questions so can we leave it now eh?

Ps. I asked in a previous post what your actual opinion is?

I repeatedly fail to see how selling DJ to Blackpool rather than someone else last year harmed our promotion chances? We finished above them in the league and then didn't have to play them in the semi's.

Its pointless keeping a player that doesn't want to be here - as Sven said at the Q+A, having a negative player in the squad does absolutely nothing to bolster team spirit. Sven actively gets rid of players that cause tension in the group - as he did at Lazio when he sold the captain/fan favourite.

And IMO, rightly so.

Apologies my response was embedded in your comment haydos. I'm an iPhone user and there's a few bugs.

No probs.

I'll say one last thing but fair enough if you're bored of this. The issue with regards to balancing the books, I still believe there's a certain amount of frugality that still takes place. Whether it's true or not Sven said the other week that we would not be held to ransom over prices and had already rejected at least one player because of wage demands.

We have loaned players out where possible, again this may just be for fairness and playing time rather than wages but still. Truth is we don't know the ins and outs and if the Sven admitted to the owners that he wasn't going to be a started due to the new system (or something in that vein) then they may well have wanted to push the offer though. They spent 2m odd on Waggy after all.

All speculation of course but hey ho.

Guest ttfn

Once you consider that we will have spent the entire transfer fee received for Fryatt on Yakubu's wages it does start to look like a pretty huge financial gamble.

Once you consider that we will have spent the entire transfer fee received for Fryatt on Yakubu's wages it does start to look like a pretty huge financial gamble.

Again, speculation :dunno:

If that is true and we don't get promoted it is an expensive bit of business. As yakubu will go back & we have lost a decent centre forward for what will amount to nothing.

Archived