Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

lee peltier

listening to talksport on the way to work this morning and the moose said in his transfer round up on the alan brazil show something along the lines of "sven's leicester look to have captured huddersfield hot prospect lee peltier for £500k". can't see this reported anywhere else? anybody in the know?

listening to talksport on the way to work this morning and the moose said in his transfer round up on the alan brazil show something along the lines of "sven's leicester look to have captured huddersfield hot prospect lee peltier for £500k". can't see this reported anywhere else? anybody in the know?

Him and Alex Smithies where linked a few weeks back

this from a few weeks ago

http://www.examiner.co.uk/huddersfield-town-fc/huddersfield-town-news/2011/06/03/alex-smithies-and-lee-peltier-could-be-set-to-leave-huddersfield-town-86081-28812280/

LEE PELTIER and Alex Smithies could be on their way out of Town – but the club have pledged to bring in quality replacements for any players who leave.

Chief executive Nigel Clibbens says enquiries were received within hours of Sunday’s League I final play-off defeat by Peterborough.

The club have refused to confirm any names, but it’s believed versatile Peltier and keeper Smithies, already linked with Leicester, are among the wanted men.

“Even before we had got back to Huddersfield we had started to receive calls asking who we would sell and for how much,” said Clibbens.

“We all know there is no sentiment in football, but while we expected calls, the timing shocked me!

“As a club we have no real need to sell.

“And most of our players are under long-term contracts, which makes our position strong.

Alex Smithies

“But while we don’t want any of our players to leave, we have to be realistic and unfortunately that means some may go as they have ambitions of Championship and Premier League football.

“What we have to do is work hard to replace anyone who does go with new talent to continue the club’s progress.”

Peltier, under contract to 2014, made his 53rd appearance of the season and 103rd for the club at Old Trafford.

The 24-year-old Liverpool academy product, signed by boss Lee Clark from Yeovil two years ago, has played both at right-back and in central midfield, enhancing his reputation with a string of bright performances.

A former England youth player like Peltier, 21-year-old Smithies came through Town’s academy ranks and is under contract to 2013.

Hit by a succession of injuries, he played 27 times this season, taking his total games tally to 112.

Town are to visit Sheffield FC for a friendly on Thursday, July 14.

Lee Peltier is a class act...iv seen a lot of players come and go and even when we were in the championship hudds town did not have a right back as good as pelts and he's the best we've had since I can remember (18 yrs at least). He has pace, hes a good crosser, links up well on the wing, can play defensive midfield well too. Im not just saying this because im a town fan, but because hes a very good player in league 1 and would be a good player in the championship. So if the rumours are true I for one would be very sad to see him leave, more than if smithies was to leave town and that says it all. Hes worth more than 500 K and if you get him for that then you'd have got yourselves an absolute bargain.

According to Huddersfield Town sources, mainly Local Radio, Jordan Rhodes has been the subject of an enquiry by Millwall and who were told he's not 'necessarily' for sale - I expect that means make us an offer we can't refuse! Rumour has it we're looking to sign Cody McDonald who I think is still on Norwich City books although He was on loan to Gillingham last season and he was their player of the year, so he could be the Jordan Rhodes replacement.

Then there's Lee Peltier, Leicester have enquired about him and have been told it has to be a bid over a £million if they want to secure him. - All will be revealed in the fullness of time Foxes!

AceT (HTFC)

Archived