Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football manager 2012 -IPad

I decided to start unemployed with sunday league and see if i could win the premiership within 10 seasons, have to say i've not made the best of starts being still in the 6th tier going into season 3. Might have to start again.

There's just something I'm not as keen on about 12 that I am about 11, and I can't put my finger on it.

It probably is just a new game syndrome.

One thing though - well two things but they're very similar, is there any way you can make it so when you click on a player, it goes straight to his attributes rather than his "profile"? The other is the same with teams, I don't like how it takes you to some club homepage when I'd rather go straight to their squad.

It's not a huge issue it's just annoying.

Didn't fit in your style of play!?

And you opted for Suarez instead!

I'm baffled!

I had him for 4 years and he scored 16 goals in total, he was always injured (He kept having ligament issues) where as Suarez has scored more in less time

That's unlucky, I've had him on my last three saves and have never had injury problems.

He takes a couple of seasons to develop, obviously his starting stats are quite low, but he's widely regarded as one of the best two or three young strikers on the game with good reason.

Just look at that screenshot.

That record of Jay Thomas is impressive but he has relatively abysmal stats, think what you could achieve with a better striker. FM is a pretty simple game of numbers.

That's unlucky, I've had him on my last three saves and have never had injury problems.

He takes a couple of seasons to develop, obviously his starting stats are quite low, but he's widely regarded as one of the best two or three young strikers on the game with good reason.

Just look at that screenshot.

That record of Jay Thomas is impressive but he has relatively abysmal stats, think what you could achieve with a better striker. FM is a pretty simple game of numbers.

I've got a pre contract agreement with a player I singed at Barca who is now 21 and is better than Jay Thomas by far, so hopefully he'll do score some more goals for me, Jay Thomas will then move to the bench

I cannot play this game at all.

Seriously I'm 100% baffled. Leicester are absolute shit.

:blink:

Seriously!?1? does your team know the formation? if not i'd put preparation on team work and put it on very high, the faster the team know the formation the better they'll perform together

Dan looking at your screenshots the team arent fully familiar with the formation yet, try upping it to very high for a few weeks. Plus if your going to play a left footer or the right wing, it might be better changing him to an inside forward so he cuts inside onto his left foot, same with the opposite wing. If you do that it usually helps to have the full backs overlapping so you still have some width for crosses

I wouldn't play Nugent as a target man, If you want to sig a decent player try and get Simon Church on loan.

Also have a look back on this thread and use the formation i'm currently using, it's awesome

Hey dan, I play that formation too but the game has a right fit if you use too many player roles. Like if your midfield has a defensive minded one, a support minded one and an attacking minded one it never seems to work. In my experience anyway. Oh yeah and fluid only works if you have a wicked side, Leicester...do not.

I can't be arsed to explain mine, so I'll upload it for you if you want?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/giqi2k

Won me the Copa Libertadores on my first attempt.

Team talks,

@ HOME: Passionate: Expect Win

@ AWAY: Calm: Show me what you can do

Sorted.

Dan looking at your screenshots the team arent fully familiar with the formation yet, try upping it to very high for a few weeks. Plus if your going to play a left footer or the right wing, it might be better changing him to an inside forward so he cuts inside onto his left foot, same with the opposite wing. If you do that it usually helps to have the full backs overlapping so you still have some width for crosses

I agree with what you're saying, I've rotated them a bit in fairness so that wasn't full accurate, neither of them seem to play well as inside forwards although incredibly Dyer's just got me a hat-trick as a winger from AMR.

Thanks for tips though.

I wouldn't play Nugent as a target man, If you want to sig a decent player try and get Simon Church on loan.

Also have a look back on this thread and use the formation i'm currently using, it's awesome

Cheers. I've only done that with Nugent because according to my coaches/assistant that's his best role, he's got like 6.90 from 7 games, but only scored the 1. Not good enough for me.

Hey dan, I play that formation too but the game has a right fit if you use too many player roles. Like if your midfield has a defensive minded one, a support minded one and an attacking minded one it never seems to work. In my experience anyway. Oh yeah and fluid only works if you have a wicked side, Leicester...do not.

I can't be arsed to explain mine, so I'll upload it for you if you want?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/giqi2k

Won me the Copa Libertadores on my first attempt.

Team talks,

@ HOME: Passionate: Expect Win

@ AWAY: Calm: Show me what you can do

Sorted.

It's stupid how it doesn't work though IMO, surely logically it should work.

Not been impressed at all with my holding mid, knew I should've paid a bit more for Bostwick.

Cheers for that anyway - I won't actually use your formation but I'll use it as a bit of a guide, not a fan of using other peoples tactics in truth, it's part of the game to be successful with your own I reckon anyway.

I couldn't work 4-5-1 for toffee on 11, on this one I've not found a single formation I've performed consistently to a high standard with.

Oz is kinda right but kinda wrong. What you need is the whole team playing a similar game, if you're using the sliders you should never have more than an eight point spread between your most defensive and offensive players. Or the longest and shortest passing.

You don't want Kingy playing creative, attacking, short passing football and Drinky next to him playing defensive hoofball.

Both of my most successful systems at the moment have one supporting, one defensive and one attacking central midfielder; whether they be DMC, AMC or CM. The roles aren't strictly the problem it's how their specific instructions affect and influence each other.

I highly recommend anyone experiment with their own systems but put your matches in 2D mode and slow them down a bit, pay attention to how your team move, the patterns they pass in and the way they line up defensively.

I'd go in to more detail and show a few links but I'm stuck on my phone at the mo.

Archived