Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football manager 2012 -IPad

So, the end of the season is upon us now, and thoughts start moving towards the summer transfers and new pc games.

So i was wondering what people are expecting of FM 2012, and what new features they would like to see?

3 things i would like to see are:

Arrows return in the tactics before a game in the old style FM i liked the arrows where you could tell a player to run into, i know they replaced that with clearer player roles but i liked it where you could make your left winger run into the gaps.

Better team talks: More enhanced options for team talks, a broader selection and different ways to motivate the players to get the results

3D improve on the 3d visulisation game play

So how would you like to see the game improved?

Press Confrences I'd like to have different questions and answeres than just the same queastions but with a few words changed.

yeah, great shout they do become annoying just answering the same question!

1) Either remove press conferences or a A LOT more new questions, I'm talking hundreds. Otherwise you get the same shit week in week out. Apart from the first save I played I've let my ass man take charge of all my press conferences.

2) Team talks: Same. Boring and monotonous, borderline pointless.

3) I'm a fan of player roles rather than arrows.

4) Transfers seem even more expensive this year. Plus ridiculous signing on fees and wages are usually asked for (including contract renewals). Team morale and success will be high and some players still want triple their wages and a 7m signing on fee just to re-sign :frusty: Agents wanting 10m fee for below world class players.

5) Slightly bemusing but it seems that other teams sign similar calibre players to your targets for a lot less and on much cheaper wages. eg. 5m player, you have to pay 20m a lot of the time and then some ridiculous wages and signing on fees. AI teams will usually get away with buying 5m players for 12/13m on reasonable wages. Not sure why.

6) Some leeway when you need literally a £100 per week extra to sign a coach or a big player could be signed but you can't because your budgets used up and you need an extra 200k. At the moment you can only ask for a bigger budget, not just a bit extra to sign this one player.

Arrows return in the tactics before a game in the old style FM i liked the arrows where you could tell a player to run into, i know they replaced that with clearer player roles but i liked it where you could make your left winger run into the gaps.

Better team talks: More enhanced options for team talks, a broader selection and different ways to motivate the players to get the results

3D improve on the 3d visulisation game play

The arrows are replaced by "forward runs" and "move into channels/cut inside/normal", but you can still use 'classic tactics' from the tactic screen with the arrows and all. So they're still there.

I agree that team talks should be improved. It shouldn't be that you have to avoid making team talks to avoid repeating yourself and thus negating the effects of the TT.

I assume the 3D will continue to be honed with each version of the game. Obviously the crowd look disastrous, but they've looked terrible in games like FIFA as well, and they focus on nothing else but the match.

I'm hoping the match engine will be improved even more. There are still some bizarre things happening which should have been ironed out by now.

The agents can also be improved. I think it's fair if a manager can get an idea of the wage demand of a player before engaging in relationship-affecting negotiations.

I also suppose there are tons of features/options that don't warrant inclusion as it's so rare you use them. I especially refer to 'conversation' options with the players, the board and not least other managers.

The training interface could also be improved. Instead of picking a training category to see the players' performance in that given category, it should be reduced to a filter mechanism. I want to be able to see all my players' training performances on one screen.

I think the FM 2011 thread (or the pre-FM 2011) had some useful suggestions that are still valid.

4) Transfers seem even more expensive this year. Plus ridiculous signing on fees and wages are usually asked for (including contract renewals). Team morale and success will be high and some players still want triple their wages and a 7m signing on fee just to re-sign :frusty: Agents wanting 10m fee for below world class players.

5) Slightly bemusing but it seems that other teams sign similar calibre players to your targets for a lot less and on much cheaper wages. eg. 5m player, you have to pay 20m a lot of the time and then some ridiculous wages and signing on fees. AI teams will usually get away with buying 5m players for 12/13m on reasonable wages. Not sure why.

6) Some leeway when you need literally a £100 per week extra to sign a coach or a big player could be signed but you can't because your budgets used up and you need an extra 200k. At the moment you can only ask for a bigger budget, not just a bit extra to sign this one player.

@ 4) Obviously your relationship with the agent, the player personality and his reputation vs the club's reputation is going to affect his demands. That scenario seems very extreme, especially the signing-on fees you highlight. I wouldn't say I've noticed unrealistic negotiations when you take into consideration what players earn nowadays.

@ 5) This is not something I've experienced. If you and an AI club are interested in the same player, just match their bid an 95% of the time it will be accepted. Again reputation, squad status, bonuses, fees etc affect which choice the player makes. I'll concede that some bizarre moves happen where a player rejects a much much superior offer to a logical destination only to go to some obscure club (e.g. in Georgia or whatever) for peanuts.

@ 6) You can ask the board to negotiate a transfer for you, especially if it's a relatively important one (e.g. a player that is at the upper limit of what the club can attract). I understand your frustration with this, but I think the mechanic works even if it does seem inflexible. The rep of the staff/club and the economy of the club will naturally set a loft for wages. If this happens to be £5 lower than the demands, tough luck :dunno:

The thing I disliked most about '11 was the player conversations which seemed limited and repetitive. More needs doing to that, or just scrapping it, imo. Also, for an oldie like me, the ability to get a season done in a day. Not sure how this could be achieved but it was so much more addictive for me when this was possible.

@ 4) Obviously your relationship with the agent, the player personality and his reputation vs the club's reputation is going to affect his demands. That scenario seems very extreme, especially the signing-on fees you highlight. I wouldn't say I've noticed unrealistic negotiations when you take into consideration what players earn nowadays.

@ 5) This is not something I've experienced. If you and an AI club are interested in the same player, just match their bid an 95% of the time it will be accepted. Again reputation, squad status, bonuses, fees etc affect which choice the player makes. I'll concede that some bizarre moves happen where a player rejects a much much superior offer to a logical destination only to go to some obscure club (e.g. in Georgia or whatever) for peanuts.

@ 6) You can ask the board to negotiate a transfer for you, especially if it's a relatively important one (e.g. a player that is at the upper limit of what the club can attract). I understand your frustration with this, but I think the mechanic works even if it does seem inflexible. The rep of the staff/club and the economy of the club will naturally set a loft for wages. If this happens to be £5 lower than the demands, tough luck :dunno:

@4 It was with David De Gea, still at Athletico, extreme case but it bugged me :P Him and his agent wanted £10m a piece on top of the £17.5m transfer. THEN £210,00 basic wage, £90k appearance bonus, £90k clean sheet bonus and around £4m team of the year bonus.

@5 It's not usually the same player, I can usually match them when it comes to that. Just the same calibre player. Always seems like I'm paying 4x the asking price for a player I want when the AI teams usually pay about 2x

@4 It was with David De Gea, still at Athletico, extreme case but it bugged me :P Him and his agent wanted £10m a piece on top of the £17.5m transfer. THEN £210,00 basic wage, £90k appearance bonus, £90k clean sheet bonus and around £4m team of the year bonus.

@5 It's not usually the same player, I can usually match them when it comes to that. Just the same calibre player. Always seems like I'm paying 4x the asking price for a player I want when the AI teams usually pay about 2x

@5) Players can be of similar calibre but if their or the club's reputation is lower than the one you bid for, then that will explain how they get off cheaper. Another thing could be that you're very rich in which cases prices for your targets are inflated (a la Man City in real life). If all this isn't the case then you're just getting ripped off :P

The thing I disliked most about '11 was the player conversations which seemed limited and repetitive. More needs doing to that, or just scrapping it, imo. Also, for an oldie like me, the ability to get a season done in a day. Not sure how this could be achieved but it was so much more addictive for me when this was possible.

A very good point. Even though I'm now quite effective at FM, the many more details and features, the long match days, the long processing time and unwieldy handling of news, means that I take longer and longer for each new edition of the game.

I still think the layout of the game is incredibly cumbersome. Replace individual screens for ****ing everything with a screen with several different things at once that you can click all at once then submit. I.e. the press conferences, a page with 5 questions on, tick your answers and submit, rather than screen>screen>screen>screen, having to click one button. The player interaction thing does work better in this regard. Same with player options - a customisable hotlink thing on the player page giving rapid access to contract negotiations, training schedules, transfer status, with things being big, one-click-and-you're-done buttons, rather than rightclick player-find menu-find menu-click menu-find menu-click option, open screen etc etc., it's just too slow.

I still think the layout of the game is incredibly cumbersome. Replace individual screens for ****ing everything with a screen with several different things at once that you can click all at once then submit. I.e. the press conferences, a page with 5 questions on, tick your answers and submit, rather than screen>screen>screen>screen, having to click one button. The player interaction thing does work better in this regard. Same with player options - a customisable hotlink thing on the player page giving rapid access to contract negotiations, training schedules, transfer status, with things being big, one-click-and-you're-done buttons, rather than rightclick player-find menu-find menu-click menu-find menu-click option, open screen etc etc., it's just too slow.

Agreed. And supplements the point about FM taking too long.

3 things i would like to see are:

Convert the tactic to classic then...

Also, I don't believe that the arrows were players runs? I thought that where the arrow pointed to was the player's secondary position.

GET RID OF THE MATCH HIGHEST EARNER CLAUSE.

Bit stupid. It's only a clause you should be able to negotiate around it. I don't have it and I refuse to sign a player who insists upon it.

Convert the tactic to classic then...

Also, I don't believe that the arrows were players runs? I thought that where the arrow pointed to was the player's secondary position.

The arrows in old CM's meant a player would move to that position, 'meant' being the main word there.

In recent years they mean a player has 'Forward Runs' selected.

The arrows in old CM's meant a player would move to that position, 'meant' being the main word there.

In recent years they mean a player has 'Forward Runs' selected.

Ah ok :) Thanks for clarifying!

The only thing i'd want is the same thing i've wanted for a few years now - a version that is stripped down to its bare essentials to go alongside the fancy pants normal version.

One that will run quickly and get a season done in a day like it used to. Do a version without 3D, sounds etc so if i load more than one league it wont take an hour to load and a week to get through pre season.

And the ****ing news! Needs a 'mark all as read' option at least. I want to know if my main transfer targets are being targeted by someone but i don't give a shit if some free transfer backup option i scouted 4 seasons ago has signed for Oxford Utd when im about to play the Champions League final. I don't need to know every little detail about every player ive ever scouted.

Just speed increase basically and rid of the pointless bits.

Archived