Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football manager 2012 -IPad

Oz is kinda right but kinda wrong. What you need is the whole team playing a similar game, if you're using the sliders you should never have more than an eight point spread between your most defensive and offensive players. Or the longest and shortest passing.

You don't want Kingy playing creative, attacking, short passing football and Drinky next to him playing defensive hoofball.

Both of my most successful systems at the moment have one supporting, one defensive and one attacking central midfielder; whether they be DMC, AMC or CM. The roles aren't strictly the problem it's how their specific instructions affect and influence each other.

I highly recommend anyone experiment with their own systems but put your matches in 2D mode and slow them down a bit, pay attention to how your team move, the patterns they pass in and the way they line up defensively.

I'd go in to more detail and show a few links but I'm stuck on my phone at the mo.

I see what your saying, truth be told I didn't think Drinkwater would play a hoofball game at all, I thought he'd be creating by running forward and sliding the ball through.

It'd be a shame to drop Drinkwater though, he's been one of my best players.

Ah I get you now - I was gonna say I've not King in a particularly creative role.

It's plainly getting used to the game on the whole, it's more realistic than 11 - on 11 so many partnerships/teams worked so well that really shouldn't have, there was no logic behind say, Wellens and King absolutely bossing the midfield every time, at least on 12 a lot more logic has to be thrown in (from my early findings) and that's actually what's holding me back IMO, I'm far too used to random little combinations working.

FM11 > FM12

Haha is that that 11 is better or just you can't hack 12 ;).

By the way, to add to what others have said, as you've got a DM I'd make your fullbacks attacking aswell as defensive units, and your wingers either inside forwards (dyer) or attacking playmakers for anyone else. Should give you more in the final third, aswell as maintaining width through the fullbacks. And like has been suggested wouldn't play nuge as a target man. To be honest wouldn't play a lone target man at all with no support (no other striker or AM or inside forwards) as he has nobody to lay it off to.

I can't hack 12. I'll openly admit it, literally not a single thing I do with Leicester works.

It's 100% inconsistency, even this 4-4-2 which gets better results (on average) I'm getting bossed by utter shit like Barnsley & Peterborough, it's a load of bollocks.

Is it just me or Leicester? I'll soon find out, starting with someone good.

I can't hack 12. I'll openly admit it, literally not a single thing I do with Leicester works.

It's 100% inconsistency, even this 4-4-2 which gets better results (on average) I'm getting bossed by utter shit like Barnsley & Peterborough, it's a load of bollocks.

Is it just me or Leicester? I'll soon find out, starting with someone good.

Leicester are pretty much the strongest club in the championship to be honest, heh.

How come even though I have Continental reputation managers like Ian Holloway (National rep) are getting jobs over me?

I'm doing a pentagon challenge and I'm trying to get a decent job in Europe somewhere but I'm getting beat to jobs like Sunderland and Wolves at the minute.

Stupid.

Finally got myself a new laptop, made such a difference. Before the game speed and computer performance was half a star!! Started as Leicester, and sit top with 4 wins and a draw from 5 games, also in the League Cup 3rd rnd. Managed to sign Erick Torres along with Delfouneso (loan), Vass, Bigirimana and Karacan. Schlupp is on fire as well.

How come even though I have Continental reputation managers like Ian Holloway (National rep) are getting jobs over me?

I'm doing a pentagon challenge and I'm trying to get a decent job in Europe somewhere but I'm getting beat to jobs like Sunderland and Wolves at the minute.

Stupid.

Because your continental reputation reflects the fact you're known all over, for example, Asia for winning their Champions League. Only the real football nerds in Europe will have heard of you.

How many times do you hear the phrase "a manager that knows this league" in real life when teams are looking for a new boss? It's realistic really.

You don't see a lot of managers with no history in England come in out of nowhere because they've been successful in Africa or Asia.

Try taking a smaller job to boost your local reputation in England or France or something. Holland maybe.

on the past couple of games i've been playing i've had quite a few players who need rests every so often, but there training schemes are normal, no change......

any ideas?

Too many games in a short space of time combined with training. Select the players that need a rest right-click > squad > training and > rest 1,2,3 days or 1 week

Hint was taken. lol

Gone for Vertonghen (spelling), worth £2.7mil, on £9k a week, if I have to pay over £10mil I'll be surprised.

On £9k a week at Ajax, turns down £48k a week here, OK then.

Team talks are an absolute joke, literally every single one I do has either no effect, or a negative one.

I tell Napoli a good effort following a 0-2 loss to Barca (we were arguably the stronger side and Barca were only missing Messi), the entire team switches off, what the fvck is going on?!

Team talks are an absolute joke, literally every single one I do has either no effect, or a negative one.

I tell Napoli a good effort following a 0-2 loss to Barca (we were arguably the stronger side and Barca were only missing Messi), the entire team switches off, what the fvck is going on?!

The team won't particularly respect you when you're new, you have to earn it.

Try the following, though:

Computer / assistant manager thinks you're favourites: Go out and enjoy yourself.

Computer / AM thinks you've got little chance: We're underdogs, pressure's off.

No clear favourite / AM tells you to do it for the fans: Go out and show me what you can do!

Any player that doesn't react positively to the team talk give them a personal chat telling them you either have faith in them to do better, etc, or keep up their good performance from the last game.

Half time is a little more situation dependent but generally speaking either tell them to buck their ideas up if they're doing shit, tell them to stay focused if you're winning by less than three or praise them if they're winning by three or more.

If anyone's looking nervous, make sure you tell them to relax and that the pressure is off - don't further bollock them.

Most common misconception is that players looking relaxed is a negative, it isn't, it's what you want. Players aren't motivated by "DO IT FOR THE FANS!" most of the time and that sort of passionate cliché stuff. Just calm them down and get them playing their natural game, only become concerned if your players start getting complacent or looking "relaxed, perhaps overly so." Then you start handing out the bollockings.

Oh and if you lose, only ever, ever say "good effort" if the computer thought you had absolutely **** all chance BEFORE the game but thinks you fought bravely DURING the game.

Don't worry about it, the game does tend to be a bit of a bastard for no reason a lot of the time.

You soon learn the little things eventually, I've said it before but people give it too much credit. As long as your team is decent (compared to the other one), morale is good (this I think is the most important: if you have some red/orange arrow players take them out cos they're bastards) and you don't have a completely stupid tactic set up then it'll usually work out alright.

Don't worry about it, the game does tend to be a bit of a bastard for no reason a lot of the time.

You soon learn the little things eventually, I've said it before but people give it too much credit. As long as your team is decent (compared to the other one), morale is good (this I think is the most important: if you have some red/orange arrow players take them out cos they're bastards) and you don't have a completely stupid tactic set up then it'll usually work out alright.

Not looking to pick a fight, Oz, as I know you get a little defensive some times - but just because you don't know what the reason is, it doesn't mean there isn't one.

The game's just maths, formulas, it doesn't have a personality and isn't just making random things up to piss you off. The AI gets better every year and, generally, the personalities of the players and staff are reasonably well programmed to be honest.

I do agree that the game is a lot less complex than it's made out to be in some circles, however.

You've never been playing, had an amazing run of form and got beat by bottom of the league who have awful morale and had won one game all season? Because I have and there's no reasoning for it really. Yeah it happens irl but if it's down to the maths and formulas as you say then it shouldn't.

Thanks for the tips Finners, I'll keep them in mind and use them as I'm on the game now.

Just signed Alderweireld for £6.5mil, good signing? Only £23k a week too.

I've actually tried sticking with Napoli's real life formation, we're playing well, but Cavani's been a bit poor in pre-season.

zoe11.jpg

Results haven't been awful, performances have been decent, got more faith in this than I have under Leicester but I've been handed a very tough game with Inter Milan to start. At home too.

You've never been playing, had an amazing run of form and got beat by bottom of the league who have awful morale and had won one game all season? Because I have and there's no reasoning for it really. Yeah it happens irl but if it's down to the maths and formulas as you say then it shouldn't.

If it's maths and formulas, maybe it's just a formula that literally fixes certain results, I get what you're saying but maybe there's a formula that generates almost the odd complete random result? Who knows.

Archived