Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football manager 2012 -IPad

And btw has anyone been manager of a club where they have had a new stadium whilst you being in charge?

Once at Spurs upon my request, I had a new stadium built straight away. I'm getting a new one in my Leicester game currently in 2022, called the Leicester Stadium ( :() haven't moved into it yet, and I doubt I will ever get that far with this save now.

Started a free transfer game, everyone on the game is free and all teams have to sign squads. It's great seeing teams sign players you'd never imagine, like David Beckham to Swansea.

I started unemployed which isn't so great. October and nobody wants me. :(

Started a free transfer game, everyone on the game is free and all teams have to sign squads. It's great seeing teams sign players you'd never imagine, like David Beckham to Swansea.

So you just sit there and watch that ?

Your weird

Guest ttfn

I started unemployed which isn't so great.

October and nobody wants me. :(

How do you do that?!

Is there one of them for FM11? I'd actually love that, would be unreal.

What's putting you off FM? Bored in what sense?

I don't find it that challenging. I think the past couple of years, since the inclusion of the tactic creator and the overview section have made it easier.

The ability to manage the reserve and youth team at a club. Then build you reputation that way instead of managing the first team. That'd be a nice feature.

All I want to do is win the Premier League with Leicester. I'm in 2023, I've nearly won everything else, but every time I get the chance to go top of the PL, I loose.

Just happened again... Chelsea lost to Villa, and I had the chance to go top. Played Newcastle away (haven't lost to them for the past 5 seasons), they go 2-0 up before half time. On the 80th minute, I make it 2-1, then quickly 2-2 and then score third goal, making it 2-3 to us, in the 86th minute. Newcastle kick off, score straight away, then get a penalty in the last minute of extra time and they win 4-3 :glare:

I can beat big teams (I beat Man City 5-0!) but regardless of the opposition, I cannot win the big games that would take me top of the Premier League. So frustrating.

I don't mean to be harsh but if you've gotten to 2023 and you've NEVER won the league then you're doing it wrong.

There's a really bustling community around the game these days full of guides and tips on everything from scouting to training to tactics.

You're clearly struggling, there's no harm in doing a bit of research.

• 2 weeks later...

WHY. CAN. I. NOT. WIN. THE. CHAMPIONS. BASTARD. LEAGUE.

I'm at Bayern for crying out fvcking loud. Even here I just bottle it, I set incredible points totals in the league and walk the groups yet as soon as the knockouts arrive we turn to total shit - every single time it's a narrow loss away followed by a draw at home to send us packing, literally every fvcking time.

Simply no idea why I just cannot win it at all.

My personal guide, bear in mind I'm on 11 which could make what I'm putting here totally pointless;

Game I expect to win - You can guess.

Game against rival - For the fans.

Game where underdog (although that's the case about 5% of the time) - You can win today, I sometimes do that when I'm playing what I believe to be a banana skin too, someone like Leverkusen away.

Game against side of similar stature - You can win today. Bearing in mind though there's no one in Germany I'd consider on our level. Dortmund are rated as the second best side and I've beat them on every single occasion I've played them, we're a class ahead of them.

Moving on to half-time, I will give generally a more "you can win this" if it's level or we're a goal down, but something more dramatic if we're 2 down, which is admittedly very rare. I always note to give players who are on anything between 7 and 8 "you have faith" or "you can make a difference", although this is only for attacking players because I don't fancy Reinartz going all Bamba on me. It generally works a treat. I did read up on that one though. I'll often sub a player when they're on below a 5.8 or something too, unless it's down to them conceding a penalty which seems to severely fvck up your rating.

At full-time it's pretty predictable, I'll give a "well done" if we've won the game and a "fantastic" to the team in extreme cases, like when we hammered one of our big rivals Schalke 5-0. I also have some personal policy to give anyone who gets an 8 or above "delighted".

The thing is I don't think my shortcomings in the Champions League are because of this. It's extremely rare that any of my squad has anything other than a green morale.

I do wonder if the age of my team doesn't help though, here's my guess on their ages in their positions;

Neuer 32

Lahm 32 - Reinartz 25 - Santamaria 20 - Spence 24**

Schweinsteiger 32 - Badelj 25

Buljan 20 - Muller 25 - Robben 31

Babacar 23

Subs; Blanco 19, Kerashvili 19, Boateng 27, Alaba 23, Perisic 26, Franz 18, Guarch 23

** I'm aware Jordan Spence is far from the best left back but he's actually never let me down no matter what club it is. Was pretty cheap too at £5mil, I'm sure I've had him at literally 6 different clubs and he's never once let me down.

Once at Spurs upon my request, I had a new stadium built straight away. I'm getting a new one in my Leicester game currently in 2022, called the Leicester Stadium ( :() haven't moved into it yet, and I doubt I will ever get that far with this save now.

I've had one with Leicester. Unfortunately my save corrupted soon after and can't process past that date. :@

A bit of boasting as well. Club tropies and manager history :blush:

If I'm not supposed to post them screenies just let me know and i'll remove them.

Archived