Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dr The Singh

Racism @ florist again

I'm probably interpreting it wrong but I always thought the "Used to be English" chant was about us having Thai owners as it's something that's only been sung - AFAIK - since they took over. Maybe some of their 'fans' weren't using it in that context but I'm sure that it's been sung at other grounds where the club has foreign owners. That said, a couple of my mates were in earshot of individuals and groups of fans shouting about p@kis and various other stuff too, so it was definitely going on to various extents throughout the game.

@ nffc1 - Racism's the biggest issue in football at the moment, especially after the Suarez & Terry stories, and it's not just a case of our lot building it up because of the club that was involved, it's because people in authority are sitting up and taking note of it at last instead of burying their heads and it's an ideal time to highlight any instances of it that crop up. Maybe if one or two of the decent fans around the ones chanting racist stuff feel ashamed enough of the idiots they're with, they'll get dealt with properly and we can all move on.

Completely agree with the last part. We're all equals, no matter the colour of your skin, we're all the same inside. I think it's disgusting the stuff on some of those videos and would feel ashamed of myself if I knowingly said nothing about them when I knew the extent of which their verbal diarrhoea had overflown.

Poor form lads.

Dont think you can compare the two examples, some Leicester fans were out of order, spitting etc, but a large section of your lot were openly loudly and disgustingly racist, take some ownership

I find spitting pretty disgusting too.Very low.

Dont think you can compare the two examples, some Leicester fans were out of order, spitting etc, but a large section of your lot were openly loudly and disgustingly racist, take some ownership

Is singing a racist song worse than spitting on someone?

Aye, just been on EMT that they're investigating the 'You used to be English' video.

Pathetic to be honest, must have far more important things to be doing.

How on earth are you to prove beyond doubt that's racist?

Kind of agree with that bloke Roy. Football is sanitised enough already. I mean, will away fans be stopped from calling jobber fat next? It all boils down to whether you're offended by the chant. I don't think jobber would be. If the police are serious about this then theyre focusing on the wrong chants IMO. I also think this is in some ways a vendetta against forest. As someone posted, would we be bothered if another club sang it to us?

It's not that video they should be looking at, it's the one just outside the stadium, where a group of youths are vocally abusing the Leicester fan!

That's exactly what they should be looking at, all that and the behaviour of our supporters will now get totally overlooked and this video which no action will be taken over become the centrepiece.

I hope the person who forwarded it to the police also forwarded the ones of our fans homophobic chanting towards Brighton earlier this year.

I hope the person who forwarded it to the police also forwarded the ones of our fans homophobic chanting towards Brighton earlier this year.

I believe brighton have made numerous complaints to the FA About all clubs abusing their fans sexual orientation. The point is the "English" chant isn't the centre piece its chants like "small town in baghdad" and the video some moronic forest fan put on youtube where you can clearly hear a forest fan using "p**i Bast*rd" now i would of said thats racist no?

I believe brighton have made numerous complaints to the FA About all clubs abusing their fans sexual orientation. The point is the "English" chant isn't the centre piece its chants like "small town in baghdad" and the video some moronic forest fan put on youtube where you can clearly hear a forest fan using "p**i Bast*rd" now i would of said thats racist no?

Yeah they are extremely racist and should be investigated.

What you are missing though is neither of those things appear on the video that is being investigated.

Pathetic to be honest, must have far more important things to be doing.

How on earth are you to prove beyond doubt that's racist?

Not looking for them to even do that.

Just looking to get the message out that that sort of behaviour is unnaceptable and if caught, you will be banned from the ground. I know you dont think the 'you used to be English' chant was racist, but you have also accepted that the 'town full of paki's' chant was out of order. It doesnt really matter how they get to the end conclusion as long as the end conclusion is all scumbags are away from football, whether that be racism, spitting on people etc etc. It's time that society as a people stop saying 'it's just a minority, ignore them' and actually did something about all this shit decent people have to put up with.

Make sure that the ones that do refer to the more abusive and racist videos are pointed out to the investigating officials.

I was embarassed to be standing shoulder to shoulder to our many different supporters (call it diversity if you want) and hearing the abuse being directed at us from the so called forest fans.

It wasnt a few either, it was a large section of the mainstand near us.

Can I offer a word of advice to our shall we say more sensitive types on here, Take up knitting stamp collecting or train spotting DO NOT go to football matches. You are not going to change the nature of the fans , people who go to football matches are usually man enough to take slagging on the chin in fact it's what they go for.

Coming on here getting all touchy feely and right on left wing bollocks cuts no ice with the majority of football fans and never will.

It's and old adage but never more appropriate in this case , IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE HEAT KEEP THE FVCK OUT OF THE KITCHEN you bloody Walters.

Can I offer a word of advice to our shall we say more sensitive types on here, Take up knitting stamp collecting or train spotting DO NOT go to football matches. You are not going to change the nature of the fans , people who go to football matches are usually man enough to take slagging on the chin in fact it's what they go for.

Coming on here getting all touchy feely and right on left wing bollocks cuts no ice with the majority of football fans and never will.

It's and old adage but never more appropriate in this case , IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE HEAT KEEP THE FVCK OUT OF THE KITCHEN you bloody Walters.

Point taken, and whilst I agree, if we were caling them a town full of inbreds or something similarly derogatory then I'm sure they would be moaning too.

Football has its place where frustrations can be released, but sometimes things are over the mark.

Just like to add when I say slagging that does not include racism that DOES have to change in football ( Liverpool FC take note )

So what is your point then? The thread is titled Rasism @ Florist again. What were you refering to in your rant?

So what is your point then? The thread is titled Rasism @ Florist again. What were you refering to in your rant?

Hardly a rant dear boy that is very provocative to say the least. If you read all the posts on this subject you will realise that there were other moans apart from the racist element such as chanting" I want to go home because Nottingham is a shit hole" ect .

Perhaps you should take up reading post correctly instead of going to football matches that upset you.

Any racist chanting is to be condemed, having said that, I don't feel too worked up about this instance, I heard it and thought 'tossers', but It seemed a more general poke at the club rather than any individuals? Football matches are tribal events for many supporters and their standards of taste and behaviour tend to push the boundries of acceptability. Piss poor show but I have heard much worse.

Hardly a rant dear boy that is very provocative to say the least. If you read all the posts on this subject you will realise that there were other moans apart from the racist element such as chanting" I want to go home because Nottingham is a shit hole" ect .

Perhaps you should take up reading post correctly instead of going to football matches that upset you.

I thought capital letters meant rant.

Sorry if I caused you offence.

But if thats what some have said then I agree with you. Banter has a place at football grounds and always has but when it steps into the line of racism, homophobia, xenophobia or anything with an 'obia' on the end and physical abuse then it should be stamped out.

I doubt it will take much investigating to find the other videos.

I can only find one other and it's about 30 people milling around, camera is pointing at floor and one moron shouts "paki bastards" - cant see this making crime watch just yet.

Flow wolf has a point, the police must have thought the WI and the Liberal Democrars were in our 8,000 judging by the reaction and considering what we have done and had done to us in the past it does look like a vendetta agaisnt Forest.

Archived